• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious PAP Victor Lye: Oppie Losers Get Paid To Sit In Parliament While PAP Best Loser Work For Free!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1937050_495565437294465_2198549537000125654_n.jpg

During my rounds at Bedok Reservoir yesterday evening, a young resident asked me if I am paid to do my community work. It was a sincere question, and I thanked him for asking. The answer is "not a cent". I told him we as volunteers even spend our own money doing community work. He was surprised, but appreciated the truth. Seems he was told something different by others. He then asked me when I started volunteering. The answer is "since 1999" when I wanted to help those who lost jobs in the Asian Financial Crisis.

Later, another resident asked if the best losers in the elections are paid for their unelected seats in Parliament. [For background, Singapore has a Non-Constituency Member of Parliament (NCMP) scheme that ensures up to 9 seats for unelected opposition voices alongside the 89-seat Parliament. This will be increased to 12 at the next election. Plus, NCMPs will be given the same voting rights as elected MPs.]

I answered, "yes". Then, he laughed, "but actually, you guys in Aljunied GRC lost by the smallest margin (of less than one percent). Yet, opposition losers gets paid and sit in Parliament while you still walk the ground with no pay and no Parliament seat? Better you join opposition! Le siow ah!" (translated as "are you crazy?")

I decided to let him have the last laugh while I focused on resolving problems faced by a resident. Another day in Aljunied GRC...

Victor Lye Thiam Fatt fb on 20 June 2018

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
If I live in Aljunied GRC, I will ensure that I keep Victor's spirit of volunteerism alive till he dies. :biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If I live in Aljunied GRC, I will ensure that I keep Victor's spirit of volunteerism alive till he dies. :biggrin:

In GE2020, pritam singh will be demoted to NCMP. The good part is that he will continue to get a state salary simply because he is an oppie. It's an injustice that the PAP best loser is left to roam the streets and work the ground for free.

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds like a CSB from Victor Lye. The claimed ad-verbatim conversation with this Aljuined resident doesn't even sound plausible.

Later, another resident asked if the best losers in the elections are paid for their unelected seats in Parliament. ...but actually, you guys in Aljunied GRC lost by the smallest margin (of less than one percent). Yet, opposition losers gets paid and sit in Parliament while you still walk the ground with no pay and no Parliament seat? Better you join opposition! Le siow ah!

Regardless of political affinity, would a common resident suddenly ask a community worker wearing PAP uniform about the pay of NCMPs using such emotive and derogatory language like "best losers" and "unelected seats"? Even more amazingly this is followed up by a tirade on how Victor Lye lost by less than 1% and yet have to work with no pay!? This is so surreal that the resident has either got to be plant or more likely, sits in the imagination of Mr Lye.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
His target audience of the post could be towards the PAP leadership to show off how hard he works rah. Typical low productivity soldier mindset like those you see in office who work late to 8 or 9pm and send emails at midnight to everyone and bosses, just to show that they are hardworking. Lol :biggrin:

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
His target audience of the post could be towards the PAP leadership to show off how hard he works rah. Typical low productivity soldier mindset like those you see in office who work late to 8 or 9pm and send emails at midnight to everyone and bosses, just to show that they are hardworking. Lol :biggrin:

I suppose it's possible, but part of me finds it hard to believe that there can be anyone that dumb to try this stunt.

To use your office analogy, that's like a worker hoping to get a pay raise by sending a mass email to everyone in the office citing a customer who "complains" how underpaid and overworked he is and telling him "Better you join competitor! Le siow ah!" Even a low level clerk or an inexperienced fresh from school intern knows that's the fastest way to get written off by the boss.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN what community work was he doing by making rounds at bedok resevoir ? to look for corpse remains or what KNN do rounds also can be community work KNN

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
In ... It's an injustice that the PAP best loser is left to roam the streets and work the ground for free.

Implications???
1] Poor formulation of policies in Singapore?
2] Policy does not apply if PAP were to lose its governing control?
3] PAP shall always be the ruling party?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP need to lose in order to work hard, once they've won they became lazy. Moral of the story, never let PAP win especially Victor Lye.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lanjiaowei, he is mp and he is not paid 15k per mth?
Not a cent? Funny:biggrin:
Community work is just a little of his 15k salary.
Little work want talk big.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we must not underestimate WP ground work in serving the residents and what will be electorate mood in the next two years.

Jobs for all Singaporeans will be an important factor in deciding who to vote for.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talk cock. Fake news from a fake volunteer!. Lie is doing his rounds for a reason i.e. to be elected as the next MP. A real volunteer expects nothing in return; not even gratitude or a word of thanks.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lanjiaowei, he is mp and he is not paid 15k per mth?
Not a cent? Funny:biggrin:
Community work is just a little of his 15k salary.
Little work want talk big.

Victor Lye lost in the last GE, you twit!

As such, he is not the MP for any ward. He is only the PAP grassroots advisor, who does not receive any pay despite many hours of work put into community service and meeting the residents in the ward. The oppie MP, which is a useless parasite, gets paid instead. This is really unfair!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In GE2020, pritam singh will be demoted to NCMP. The good part is that he will continue to get a state salary simply because he is an oppie. It's an injustice that the PAP best loser is left to roam the streets and work the ground for free.

Get rid of this scheme ...then sinkees will have reason to vote in the Opposition. PAP will scare shit then, that's the reason they cook up this useless scheme to placate the voters.