• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP supports the Mexicans

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP has close ties with Israel e.g. weapons manufacturing, so it should not come as a surprise that Spore is pro-Israeli.

Film on Palestine-Israeli conflict not to be shown in public in Singapore

SINGAPORE: A documentary that was supposed to be screened at the Singapore Palestine Film Festival on Thursday (Jan 4) has been banned from public screening by the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA).

Radiance of Resistance received a "Not Allowed for All Ratings" (NAR) classification for its "skewed narrative". The rating means the film is not for exhibition or distribution in Singapore.

"The skewed narrative of the film is inflammatory and has the potential to cause disharmony amongst the different races and religions in Singapore," said IMDA on its website.

Directed by award-winning American filmmaker Jesse Roberts, the one-hour film, told in Arabic, is about two young girls who live under military occupation in Nabi Saleh, Palestine. The film also looks at the girls' roles as part of the new generation of Palestinian's non-violent resistance.

According to IMDA, the film however explores the Palestine-Israel conflict "without counterbalance" through the eyes of the two young protagonists.

"In holding up the girls as role models to be emulated in an ongoing conflict, the film incites activists to continue their resistance against the alleged oppressors," it added.

In giving the film the NAR classification, IMDA said this is in line with guidelines which state that films that create misunderstanding or disharmony amongst the races will not be allowed for all ratings.

Cinema space The Projector, which was hosting the screening of Radiance of Resistance, has cancelled the event.

It is rare for films to be classified NAR. In 2014, Singaporean filmmaker Tan Pin Pin's documentary To Singapore, With Love also received that classification by the then-Media Development Authority. The film, about the lives of Singapore's political exiles, was deemed to be a "one-sided account" with minimal attempts to provide a balanced mix of views.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Radiance of Resistance received a "Not Allowed for All Ratings" (NAR) classification for its "skewed narrative".

Yaacob Ibrahim did the right thing to ban this movie.

Why is banning a one-sided "documentary" movie deemed as pro-Israeli? Any decent documentary aiming to showcase a conflict should present both sides of the argument.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
jack neo movies should be banned in everything countries
to save the citizens from having to experience the extreme agony
when watching these crude rubbish.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why is banning a one-sided "documentary" movie deemed as pro-Israeli? Any decent documentary aiming to showcase a conflict should present both sides of the argument.

PAP has always banned films whenever they feel like it. It has nothing to do with presenting a fair & balance view point but what "they" think is correct.

You only have to look at some of the topics that been banned in the past e.g. Playboy, Penthouse, ... etc. Films like Hair. A movie where the young questioned the decision of American authorities to get involved in Vietnam.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY banned long hair because he thought hippies represented a counter culture that threaten his hold on power.

Nowadays the threat of hippies has been replaced with something more serious, the incompetence of the PAP MPs. No amount of censorship can hide the frequent train breakdowns, collapsing infrastructure, deaths from govt incompetence, ...etc

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
What about the skewed narrative in this book? Is it allowed?

The-Singapore-Story-Memoirs-of-Lee-Kuan-Yew.jpg

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
LKY banned long hair because he thought hippies represented a counter culture that threaten his hold on power.

Nowadays the threat of hippies has been replaced with something more serious, the incompetence of the PAP MPs. No amount of censorship can hide the frequent train breakdowns, collapsing infrastructure, deaths from govt incompetence, ...etc

And many are linked to leadership by SAF generals/scholars.

Singapore is going to collapse within the next 7 years. mark my words.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And many are linked to leadership by SAF generals/scholars.

Singapore is going to collapse within the next 7 years. mark my words.

I used to predict that people would vote in more opposition. However after watching the results of many GEs, I'm not sure that it will ever happen.

I think the PAP has "fixed" Sporeans: gerrymandering, dilution of votes with "new" Sporeans, playing one group against another, brainwashed the majority, ... etc

Spore's heydays might be over but the PAP can still squeeze $$$ out of this country. It still has it's strategic position.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I'm surprised that you actually paid to buy one of his books.:p

Had a relative who enjoyed reading his memoires. However this relative received the book as a gift & didn't waste $ buying it.

I did not pay. I borrowed the book because I wanted to compare my reality with his version.