• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Spin - No 6.9 million, no one to build HDB flats

kaypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
He talk cock.

Why must the construction industry be so dependent on labour?

Why can't the industry mechanise much of the process? Can't it be more capital intensive?

The CCB $8 heart bypass cow really tok cock.

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
there was a blue print for the mechanisation of the whole process of building flats
don't know what happened to that blue print

kaypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
there was a blue print for the mechanisation of the whole process of building flats
don't know what happened to that blue print

Yes should press for that instead of over reliance and on going reliance on cheap foreign labour and bringing along all the social ill-effects.

The likely answer why it was not taken up is that the construction industry are so short sighted and are totally profit oriented in the short run. They go for cheap easy solution - just like your PAP master now with that 6.9 million people.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes should press for that instead of over reliance and on going reliance on cheap foreign labour and bringing along all the social ill-effects.

The likely answer why it was not taken up is that the construction industry are so short sighted and are totally profit oriented in the short run. They go for cheap easy solution - just like your PAP master now with that 6.9 million people.

You don't understand how lucrative the collection of foreign worker levy is.

What good will it do to make flats cheaper and fast via a more efficient, less labour intensive method? :wink:

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't have a problem with PAP spinning lies - this is a norm and not exception.
But i do have a problem at the badly concocted C grade wayang production.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

What good will it do to make flats cheaper and fast via a more efficient, less labour intensive method? :wink:

abolutely spot on!
i don't know what happened to the blue print
i also don't know what happened to the people who were involved in creating this blue print
some left .....

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
These twits continue to amaze me. Just when i think they could not get any worse... it keeps getting worse.
I feel sorry for them. I think KBW will be the first to be voted out come 2016. These people have never seen the kind of backlash where no gerrymandering could overcome. I think they better sit tight in their Bentleys cos' it will be a bumpy ride going forward.

Last edited:

kaypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ah that part I forgotten. Big fat money generating machine for the government. Just like my maid levy.

CCB just collect $$ and did nothing. If forget to pay will kana summon by CPF board somemore. WTF!!

Down with the PAP!!

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the function of a good government is to collect $$$
and then to make the place a good and high quality haven for its people
that's why must collect levies here and there mah
why no collections where got $$$ to make this place swiss standard

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is Khaw now saying the increase from current 5.3M to 6.9M population is most, if not all, for low-wage labours?

Then why are PAP getting these, not that I am biased, to become citizens? Are the MIW selling snake oil now with half-baked excuses to push GDP so as to fatten thei own bonus?

Furthermore, how are IW guaranteed PMET jobs for citizens first? Did they even care if foreign managers bring in their entire village here into their company rather than hire citizens? Many examples and proofs can be seen in many MNCs since many years ago. It just got worst not too long ago!

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point! Every new job created went to one of their own tribes.

Is Khaw now saying the increase from current 5.3M to 6.9M population is most, if not all, for low-wage labours?

Then why are PAP getting these, not that I am biased, to become citizens? Are the MIW selling snake oil now with half-baked excuses to push GDP so as to fatten thei own bonus?

Furthermore, how are IW guaranteed PMET jobs for citizens first? Did they even care if foreign managers bring in their entire village here into their company rather than hire citizens? Many examples and proofs can be seen in many MNCs since many years ago. It just got worst not too long ago!

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking spastic is appealing to emotions of the young flat buyers! Fucking bastard, he thinks they are stupid not to see thru him.

Should tell him to ask his fucking disgraced colleague Mah Bow Tan why he has to play catch up now.

Zero foreign worker inflow will hit new homes: Khaw

By Gwendolyn Ng
My Paper
Thursday, Feb 07, 2013

SINGAPORE - The Workers' Party's (WP's) proposal to freeze the foreign- worker population will "throw a spanner" in the Government's plans to build 200,000 new homes, said National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan yesterday.

Last month, Mr Khaw had revealed in a blog post that some 200,000 housing units will be constructed - 80,000 private properties, 10,000 executive condominiums and about 110,000 public homes - by 2016.

Yesterday, he said in Parliament that in the next few years, new areas in Punggol North, Tampines and Bidadari would be available for public housing.

Giving his take on the Population White Paper, Mr Khaw said: "To complete the ramped-up construction programme, I do need more construction workers, more than currently available.

"That is why I was shocked by WP's recommendation yesterday: That we freeze the foreign- worker population, immediately and for eight years.

"I will not be able to deliver the new flats as promised to 200,000 families. On behalf of these families, I ask the WP to please rethink your idea."

Since the Population White Paper was released last week, a lot of public attention has been focused on the population projection of 6.9 million by 2030.

With Singapore's ageing population and shrinking labour force, Mr Khaw said the country will be facing a crisis in the next 10 to 15 years, "which is not far away" .

This will lead to fewer job opportunities for the young, he said, and not enough health-care workers to care for the old.

He said: "If we sweep the problem under the carpet and wish it away, it will not. It will only become more serious."

To avoid the current mismatch in infrastructure provision, Mr Khaw said: "That is why this time round, we have to plan infrastructure based on the stretched scenario of 6.9 million... For long- term planning, it is safer to prepare enough land and infrastructure for a larger number."

Mr Khaw also addressed concerns about the quality of living in the light of a higher population density in the projected future.

He said: "We will not let our quality of life go down. On the contrary, we want to continue to be able to raise our quality of life and we are confident we can achieve this."

For one thing, Mr Khaw said that the next generation of public homes will be even more comfortable and better designed.

Citing the example of the Punggol South neighbourhood, he said that the Government has carefully planned, designed and integrated greenery, open spaces and recreational facilities for the flats there.

For instance, there are gardens and gathering spaces on the rooftops of multi-storey carparks.

He said: "What is our future? It is not to be a concrete jungle. It is to be a city in a garden. It is to be Punggol - (and) multiply that many times."

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Khaw is the same bastard who said there was nothing wrong at NKF and Durai life style was rich but well deserved as he raked in many times more.

Trust him?

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Khaw is trying to divert attention from the main topic.

Whereas everyone is talking about the 6.9m figure, he is now saying if no more foregin workers, constructionj will come to a stop. No one is saying there would be no more construction workers. We are talking about resident population and those construction workers are not resident population. in calculation.

Who would believe khaw? those who dont think and read. and since so many Singaporeans can think and read, who can he fooled?

WarnerMusic

The Workers' Party's (WP's) proposal to freeze the foreign- worker population will "throw a spanner" in the Government's plans to build 200,000 new homes

He use the "No FTs mean no HDB for you." as a threat. He is threatening Sinkies to accept it. 60% song boh?

kaypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
the function of a good government is to collect $$$
and then to make the place a good and high quality haven for its people
that's why must collect levies here and there mah
why no collections where got $$$ to make this place swiss standard

Yes, the function of a good government is to collect $$$.

After the SG government collected all the money did they make the palce a good and high quality haven for its people? NO! Look at the MRT breakdown. Look at the escalating housing prices and cost of COE.

The SG government collected all the money only to pay themselves the highest paid ministers and civil servant in the world. Do you consider them good government?

Last edited:

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
empty threats must be met with swift and aggresive response.

i say push for national referendum.

this issue is not dead just because the pwabye dogs in the PAP voted for their own survival.

please continue to spread the word on the Protest Rally on 16 Feb!!!!