• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat PAP Lim Swee Say's Soul Has Been Saved! Call Him Francis From Now On!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
45126518_10217627712189303_4756258998477389824_o-1068x494.jpg

Ruling party leader Lim Swee Say has allegedly converted to Catholism and changed his name to Francis Lim Swee Say, according to certain sources.

Lim formerly served as Manpower Minister until the last Cabinet reshuffle a few months ago, when he handed his portfolio to Josephine Teo.

Yesterday, noted socio-political commentator and president of human rights advocacy group MARUAH, Leong Sze Hian wrote on Facebook: “From the grapevine: Ex-Minister recently converted”

Leong’s post set netizens abuzz which speculation about which ex-Minister could have converted to what new ideology.

As some questioned whether the alleged conversion had to do with religion or a ruling party leader converting to the opposition, Facebook user Lucas Godfrey leaked a private “friends-only” post from an individual named George Teo, who congratulated Lim for converting to Catholicism.

In his post, Teo wrote: “Congrats to Francis Lim Swee Say (former Manpower Minister) for becoming a catholic. Welcome home. God bless.” The post appears to have garnered at least 262 reactions on Facebook:

Lim was elected into Parliament as part of founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew’s Tanjong Pagar GRC in a walkover, in the 1997 General Election. Lim was again elected as part of the PAP’s Holland-Bukit Timah GRC unopposed via walkover in the 2001 and 2006 General Elections.

The parliamentarian quickly climbed up the ranks of the Government and became a full Cabinet Minister in 2001. During the 2011 General Election, Lim faced opposition for the first time when the East Coast GRC team he was a part of faced off with the Workers’ Party.

The ruling party team narrowly won the ward with 54.8 per cent of the vote compared to the opposition’s 45.2 per cent. In the 2015 election, the ruling party’s East Coast GRC team went head to head with the Workers’ Party again and emerged the victor with better results of 60.7 per cent of the vote compared to the opposition’s 39.3 per cent.

Lim, who took on the Manpower Ministry portfolio in 2015 after an 11-year stint in the Prime Minister’s Office and an 8-year stint as leader of the labour movement, retired from the cabinet on 1 May 2018. He remains a PAP parliamentarian.

http://theindependent.sg/former-man...-catholicism-and-changes-his-name-to-francis/

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
So is he going to give up all his possessions and follow Jesus ? Will he still feel "rich" ?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So is he going to give up all his possessions and follow Jesus ? Will he still feel "rich" ?

The hard truth is that whoever believes in Jesus will go to heaven, while those who do not will go to hell, including those who label Jesus as a minor prophet below a caravan raider and fucker of little kids.

So Francis Lim Swee Say will go to heaven while most atheist oppies will be burning in hell. Why should I sugarcoat the truth?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Francis in Cantonese = fun shee= sweet potato...so the sweet potato also sway. N since he is Catholic he should repent for his failures of being a good minister. He sure will go hell now bcos he has sinned. Unless he repent properly. He should read Read the story of Zacchaeus n repent.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The hard truth is that whoever believes in Jesus will go to heaven, while those who do not will go to hell, including those who label Jesus as a minor prophet below a caravan raider and fucker of little kids.

So Francis Lim Swee Say will go to heaven while most atheist oppies will be burning in hell. Why should I sugarcoat the truth?

The Muslim ministers in the cabinet will tell it is the reverse. They will go to heaven and be blessed with virgins too.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is all very confusing. I thought he already has a first name. Zorro.

He was Zorro, but when God called him, & upon conversion he is given the name FRANCIS. Now, we have two Saints in the PAP, Saint Paul Lim Beh Heng & Saint Francis Lim Sway Sway...wonder who else will join the roster of PAP Saints..?

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was Zorro, but when God called him, & upon conversion he is given the name FRANCIS. Now, we have two Saints in the PAP, Saint Paul Lim Beh Heng & Saint Francis Lim Sway Sway...wonder who else will join the roster of PAP Saints..?

It wud be easier for these clowns to go through the camel's arse than enter the kingdom of heaven, all their lives they hve worship Kuanyewism.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did he make his maiden trip to the box to confess about stealing toothpicks?

Deacon Georgie Yeo had heard the confession & he was made to say 10 Hail Mary's, 10 Our Father & recite the Credo in Latin 10 times. Francis now have a Halo over his head like Saint Paul Lim Beh Beng...they are now blessed beings.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It wud be easier for these clowns to go through the camel's arse than enter the kingdom of heaven, all their lives they hve worship Kuanyewism.

The hard truth is that these 'clowns' will enter heaven while most of you won't. A belief in John 3:16 is sufficient.

I'm glad that most of you heap scorn on John 3:16. So the good PAP Francis will be up in heaven, dressed in white in heaven as he did on earth, laughing at the oppies burning in hell.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
The hard truth is that these 'clowns' will enter heaven while most of you won't. A belief in John 3:16 is sufficient.

I'm glad that most of you heap scorn on John 3:16. So the good PAP Francis will be up in heaven, dressed in white in heaven as he did on earth, laughing at the oppies burning in hell.

Good One bro John, pls ask him to Jump from MBS and enjoy his next assignment in Heaven, will be still in white.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

God came and save the sinners, the vile, the liars... not these type like PAP Francis or that PAP Paul or Deacon Georgie Yeo..etc

Matthew 19:23-24 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
23 And Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
God came and save the sinners, the vile, the liars... not these type like PAP Francis or that PAP Paul or Deacon Georgie Yeo..etc

Matthew 19:23-24 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
23 And Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

Francis Lim will enter heaven because he believed in Jesus.

Oppies won't go to heaven because they are cynical all the time and will not believe. It's that simple.