• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Leadership Crisis

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All 4 candidates have been linked with papee for a long time....and many were surprised thay could get the certificate to stand in the first place.......
TCB was a long time papeeMP and cadre member and suddenly in PE2011, he was protrayed as anti-establishment/papee....
u are a real idiot to think that TCB would have given papee a hard time had he been elected.....

I fully agree with this, kuku. I have always been wary of ex-establishment figures claiming to be a saint after they are past their sell by date.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The old man floated the idea in 1991 and did not pass muster. The son will not do anything drastic. He has neither the courage nor the leadership nor the intelligence for anything of that sort.

LHL is in defensive posture..he cant introduce any controversial schemes...will he survive next GE?

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo.

I have heard annecdotes about LHL calling the authors of papers to check the details and the said Authors actually putting the phone down on him or muttering some expletive thinking its a stitch up.

Yet its this very same detail orientated , hard working Prime Minster who has under his watch allowed ministers to inflict so much on us. Why ? You have put it correctly " technocratic leadership ". I have known mathematecians and physicists by academic training and whilst they are brilliant, they are brilliant in a very very limited sense. A solution dictated by logic and mathematics cannot be the best political solution, Mathematics and Physics cannot model chaos or the complexities of a modern interconnected society, A problem taken in isolation and tackled in isolation, cannot take into account the effects and follow on effects of every other policy, and this is made worst when solutions to problems ignore potential problems or all forms of disquiet are pushed to one side.

The reliance on technocrats and the ability of these technocrats to create jobs, aim for full employment and keep the GDP going were the primary features. It did seem to work. My sense is that the son is just a poor leader and things are falling apart. Ever heard of a leader that disappears when there is a crisis on.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have known mathematecians and physicists by academic training and whilst they are brilliant, they are brilliant in a very very limited sense. A solution dictated by logic and mathematics cannot be the best political solution, Mathematics and Physics cannot model chaos or the complexities of a modern interconnected society

I get what you mean but most of the recent advances made in the understanding of chaos theory and complexity have been made in the fields of physics and mathematics.

The world is getting harder and harder to govern. The US has done relatively well to get out of the financial crisis but they're finding it very difficult to solve their own chronic problems. It's very hard to solve wealth inequality, which is the problem that the US (and a lot of the world) has in common with us.

The world in LKY's time was very simple. IT was not totally obvious back then but he built Singapore on the right formula. But back then there was a very simple formula that did the job: just grow the GDP, and everything else takes care of itself.

Today it is much more difficult, and the problems that have been building up in Singapore for many years are starting to materialise. I'll say nothing about his leadership qualities for now, but LHL's job is pretty difficult.

Worst part about being PM is that you're being surrounded by fools and clowns who are mainly in it for advantages in life. If you're not like LKY who's willing and able to break peoples' heads, whip them into shape and keep them in line, you can't really do much as a leader. The days when the govt was the 800 pound gorilla in the room and could do whatever it wants is gone.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
a test of loyalty for the minions when the old man is truly gone, perhaps? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Yeh well PAP - if they don't wake up their fucking idea and if they don't start to realise that quality leadership is more important than loyal minions then we'll have to get rid of them.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I find it crazy.
It is as if you think those Maggots in White are rational real leaders.
They are nothing but fucking cockroaches inside there for their own personal gains.
They are inside the PAP because they have a fucking stench of greediness that LKY detected and knew they will work for him
to help him amass hundreds of billions into his Stinkapore sovereign funds.

THERE WILL BE NO PAP LEADERSHIP CRISIS.
KICK OUT EVERYONE OF THE MOTHERFUCKERS IN 2016.

WHY EVEN THINK OF HAVING ANY OF THOSE COCKROACHES?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have said this before. This PAP 'crisis' is caused by none other than LHL and LKY. Firstly when LKY was in power, he had a good team to support him to get things done. Now with LHL in office (LKY still in power) look at his cabinet ministars..all clowns,,and how come 3rd rate clowns are still MPs? Cedric Fool, Leim Hump Kiang, Mah Bow Tan, Wong Cunt Sing, they have fuck up big time and still around.

and now look at the 3rd rate clowns in cabinet. Vivian Bala, Zorro Lim, Cow Peh, etc..they are all clowns but are in cabinet cos Pinky needs loyal clowns not capable ministers in office to get the job done.

All capable and popular PAP MPs are kicked out of PAP so as not to threaten Pinky's position. Look at how Pinky conducted himself in the USA trip and all other foreign visits..look and act like a clown.

If PAP was about quality and end result is to get things done many popular PAP mps would have been in the cabinet and PAP might have even a greater margin of popularity without all the gerrymandering and rubbish like GRCs etc just to stay in power.

Imagine if TCB was PM, Tan Soo Khoon was deputy pm, amy khor was a full fledge minister of national development. Do u think more or less ppl will kpkb about PAP?

its all cos the Lee family want to remain in power and LKY put Pinky who is an idiot and a clown to retain power for his family that is why PAP is fucked up.

But I also blame singkies for voting for pap which allow LKY to do the shit he is doing now. And we are all paying the price.

And I was told the story of David Lim, former ministar, heard that he was a very humble and friendly chap..when he go makan he will queue and ask for no favoritism etc. He was also capable,,,soo capable that he argued with cabinet colleagues etc and proved that the cabinet clowns were cabinet clowns. He earned the fury of LHL and LKY,,,and kenna kicked out of cabinet.

Now with PAPs treatment of its capable members,,,surely PAP have a daft of talent.

Correct me if I am wrong about the David Lim story but PAP is in its state today is due to its own doing,,if PAP want to win elections continuously, it needs to get to work for the people and not vice versa.

If PAP wants talents kick out the Lee clan and clowns and get the good people back,,,but with the Lee Clan wanting to be in control,,,they will sink their own ship,,

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
LHL is in defensive posture..he cant introduce any controversial schemes...will he survive next GE?

You know you're right. He should be been an academic. Maybe would have done less harm to nation. Absent during crisis, forever doing fire-fighting, claim to have long term vision but only implementing short term bandages. Even the pop white paper which is supposedly a long-term plan for SG is laden with outrageous policies that offend the common sensibilities of Singaporeans. I don't think the pop white paper can last more than a few years without some radical revision. So we will be back to square one again - an unsustainable pop growth and poorly conceived long term policies that require periodic fire-fighting and damage control.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The chap has a Computer Science degree. If he was not LKY's son, he would probably be some IT guy in finance sector. By now, he'll probably have been displaced by some Ah Neh.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
@ metalmickey.
Yes LHL has a tough job. Hence the high pay.
Singapore needs the best minds working together to pull through. They may not all be in one party or in any party at all. Not sure the PaP fully understands this but I am sure LTK does.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leegime is just full of fake scholars. This year will be the defining year for shits like LBW and the Khaw to shine, like the shits they are.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you guys, he is better off being an academic. Heard that when he got his 1st class honours in mathematics, he was miles away from the next guy and Cambridge wanted to retain him as an academic. Apparently there is some sort of objective scale that they use and his record has not been surpassed.

He certainly comes across as a referee rather than a first among his cabinet colleagues.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you guys, he is better off being an academic. Heard that when he got his 1st class honours in mathematics, he was miles away from the next guy and Cambridge wanted to retain him as an academic. Apparently there is some sort of objective scale that they use and his record has not been surpassed.

He certainly comes across as a referee rather than a first among his cabinet colleagues.

The problem with LHL is because of who he is and what he represents. He is the son of LKY, so that makes him - untouchable, heir, fast track, bullet proof....I remember before his cancer scare ....before he took over from GCT, he was made out like a demi-god, close resemblence to his father, the way he talk, his demeanour...etc.

Now that he's in charge, he wants to 'soften' that image, be more accountable to a more demanding electorate. But whos going to believe him?? Because of who he is for so long, people will still have that mental image of him. And he is doing changes piece-meal...not a wholesale makeover....so people are still going to see them as cosmetic and nothing has really changed.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya, I think he said it himself when he was identified as successor to GCT in an interview. Gave some morally atas answer that his calling is not in cambridge but in Singapore's highest office. Now we got his shit. He sjld have stayed at Cambridge for everyone's good, the greater good.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Heard that when he got his 1st class honours in mathematics, he was miles away from the next guy and Cambridge wanted to retain him as an academic.

good heavens! we've lost our first Nobel laureate just like that?!

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe he would have made a damn good quant at TH or GIC and let his missus take over.:eek:

Of cos, even Nobel laureates can stuff up - as in LTCM.

Last edited: