• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious PAP Khaw Boon Wan Is Sick! Pray For Him Please!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1595480961046.png

SINGAPORE - Coordinating Minister for Infrastructure and Transport Khaw Boon Wan has indicated in a Facebook post that he may be down with dengue.

In the post on Thursday (July 23), Mr Khaw said that he was admitted to an isolation ward for observation and has received a swab test.

"Unlikely to be Covid but dengue is possible, as my area is a hot zone. Did the swab test just now and hopefully it's a false alarm; I had dengue before and it was not pleasant.

"Meanwhile I will just let the body rest and think about retirement!" said Mr Khaw, who announced before the recent general election that he would be retiring from politics.

Mr Khaw, 67, only recently finalised negotiations for the Johor Baru-Singapore Rapid Transit System (RTS), and was looking forward to the signing ceremony on July 30.

He said that he had been preparing his office for the next Transport Minister.

"Everything was going well; I have finalised the RTS negotiations and was looking forward to the ceremony! Then my temperature shot up."

In uploading a selfie of himself with nasal tube attached to his nose, Mr Khaw described the photograph as "hilarious".

"I started my career in the Health Ministry. After 42 years, I would not expect to exit the stage in bed as a patient!" he wrote.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...eceives-swab-test-suspects-he-may-have-dengue

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I thought parliament dissolved. Which means he is no longer Minister. So how is he concluding negotiations on July 30th?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I thought parliament dissolved. Which means he is no longer Minister. So how is he concluding negotiations on July 30th?

He is no longer Minister when the next Parliament convenes. Till then, the Ministers still remain in their existing portfolios, including Bro Chee Meng.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'Coordinating Minister' should be another jiakliaobee position, though not as bad as the famous 'minister without portfolio'. :roflmao:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Let me pray for this cow...

Tee gong tee gong poh pih poh pih ah! Tian ling ling Di ling ling! Ji ji ru li ling! Ho eh lai! Pai eh kee! Ho lee eh wan kah mai siu kee, ho ho bo tai jee. Altogether now!!! HUAT AH!!!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Pastor Rony and our prayer warriors are praying for Minister Khaw's recovery. We all hope that he can enjoy his retirement in good health.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has done a good job in the many ministries which he had helmed before. Pray that he'll recover soon and enjoy his retirement years.