• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP internally concedes Hougang and Aljunied

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes...unfortunately gd pt...tony n haze n even to some extent gms being displaced in the media by nicole...saying that jeanette still getting quite gd coverage...liked her "not repent but rejoice" instead jibe at harry n the paps!...u go jeanette!!
The problem is that the media is cashing in on the tin-nicole stand off now and it has distracted a lot of people not in the know on what nsp is doing and wants to do. We in sbf knows that gms and his team are taking on mbt and biting him for housing, just how much of the media is reporting on this?

While there is now a lot of attention on nicole seah and her defending that nsp is not nicole seah party, the rest of nsp isn't very prominent aren't they? Hence my statement of nicole as both a boom and a bane to them. Nsp would have scored points just by biting mbt on the housing issue but I am not reading much of it. If I am not, would the ignorant average tampines voter be?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
More GRC will be in the hand of the opposition!!!
Tampines ,Holland-Bt.Timah, Toa Payoh Bishan....all are possible!!:biggrin:

Tampines don't think so lah. Didn't even see GMS around, not even a friendly card. At least PAP came and left a card for me. Like that sure gone case one lah.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
well it now remains to be seen whether LHL's ostensible mea culpa shall be that big rabbit out of the hat that i referred to in my earlier post...i guess this can play out either way...my gut feel is that alot now depends on the 2nd n final TV broadcast on 6 May...

Have to agree. Many are quite surprised by the poor selection and planning. .

babachai

Alfrescian
Loyal
I sama sama at Nee Soon, both PAP and WP is never seen at my place. At least I got letter from WP telling about their credentials I only know Shanmugan is my MP. The rest don't know. Yeah the ping-pong lady also

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think u r being a tad unfair to Tony n to a certain extent GMS, Jeanette n Hazel...they hv all performed well at the rallies n press conferences/interviews...unfortunately nicole makes a bigger impact, for obvious reasons...

Precisely. NSP is nothing if not for Nicole Seah. That's why even they themselves are admittinifg that NSP stands for Nicole Seah Party.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
wif all due respect to nicole she is too young bro...wif 20-20 hindsight it wld hv perhaps been ideal if nicole actually stood on an smc ticket instead...joo chiat maybe??...probably wld hv given charles a really gd run for his $$$...nicole sld first cut her teeth in parliament before talking abt bigger things...ncmp wld not be too bad a start either...
I agree. So I guess GMS should step down and let Nicole takes over as the Gen Sec then.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, yes, yes...LTK n gang hv to press, press, press...repeat think the 2nd tv broadcast on the 6th may be the killer blow...either way...
Aljunied is not a done deal. WP will still need to see out the last 3 days and that is where PAP is at its strongest. Do not forget what happened in Cheng San, Eunos and even in Aljunied in 2006.

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
wif all due respect to nicole she is too young bro...wif 20-20 hindsight it wld hv perhaps been ideal if nicole actually stood on an smc ticket instead...joo chiat maybe??...probably wld hv given charles a really gd run for his $$$...nicole sld first cut her teeth in parliament before talking abt bigger things...ncmp wld not be too bad a start either...

The Nicole Seah campaign took on a life on its own is because Tin LP was there. The comparisons between the 2 young ladies captured the public's imagination. If Nicole had been pitted against old man Chong, the interest would not have been there. Don't underestimate Yee Jenn Jong of WP. He is a local boy and that must surely be worth a few votes.

gesg2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then the rest of the constituencies can enjoy the benefits.

身在福中不知福, shēn zài fú zhōng bù zhī fú.