• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Gives Sinkies Lots of Money From GST Vouchers! PAP! PAP!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE - About 1.4 million Singaporeans stand to benefit from a one-off Goods and Services Tax (GST) voucher, as the Government unlocks its purse strings to help Singaporeans with the cost of living amid a slowdown in economic growth.

This one-off GST voucher, termed a "cash special payment", is a sum of up to $200, Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat said in the Budget address on Thursday (March 24).

The recipients of this voucher are those who already qualify for the regular GST cash voucher of up to $300, which will be paid out in August.

"If our recipients spend some of these in our neighbourhood shops, it will support our local businesses as well!" Mr Heng quipped.

The additional "cash special payment" is expected to cost the Government an additional $280 million this year, and will be paid out in November.

gst_voucher_a_cash_payments_for_2016.jpg

Eligible recipients are Singaporeans aged 21 and above, who earned $26,000 or less in assessable income in 2015.

They will get a total of $500 if the annual value of their home as at Dec 31 last year (2015) was up to $13,000, and $250 if the annual value of their home as at the same date was between $13,001 and $21,000.

Meanwhile, older Singaporeans and Singaporean households will continue to receive their GST Medisave voucher, and GST Utilities-Save voucher this year.

gst_voucher_a_medisave_for_2016.jpg

gst_voucher_a_u-save_for_2016.jpg

The enhanced GST voucher is one of a series of measures rolled out in this year's Budget that will give households more support.

The Government is also increasing the basic monthly cash allowance under the Public Assistance, or ComCare Long-Term Assistance, for those who are permanently unable to work and have little or no means of income and family support.

More details will be made known next month, during the Committee of Supply parliamentary sitting for the Ministry of Social and Family Development.

And to help pensioners who draw lower pensions, the Government will also increase the Singapore Allowance and monthly pension ceiling by $20 per month to $300 and $1,230 respectively. This will benefit about 10,000 pensioners.

Meanwhile, the Government will also provide service and conservancy charges (S&CC) rebates of one to three months.

One- and two-room HDB households will get a total of three months of rebates for this year, while three- and four-room households will get two months of rebates.

Households in five-room HDB flats will get rebates of 1½ months, while those in executive flats will get a rebate of one month.

This is set to cost the Government $86 million, and benefit about 840,000 HDB households.

But the Government is also due to make a tax change from the 2018 Year of Assessment.

Mr Heng said this was such that the current 15 personal income tax reliefs - which have been enhanced over the years - will not "unduly reduce total taxable incomes for a small proportion of individuals".

So, the Government is set to introduce a cap on the total amount of personal income tax relief that each individual can claim.

This will be set at $80,000 per Year of Assessment - which Mr Heng said will not affect 99 per cent of tax-resident individuals.

This move is expected to raise $100 million more each year.

"This cap will make our personal income tax system more progressive," he said. "Nevertheless, our personal income tax burden remains low. Our personal income tax structure must allow us to continue to stay competitive."

http://www.straitstimes.com/busines...rce=Facebook&link_time=1458822379#xtor=CS1-10

jw5

Loyal
Kudos to Chee Soon Juan and John Tan from SDP for speaking up for Singaporeans! Otherwise the government won't be so generous. :biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Kudos to Chee Soon Juan and John Tan from SDP for speaking up for Singaporeans! Otherwise the government won't be so generous. :biggrin:

John Tan from the SDP is nothing but a fat piece of turd. On the other hand, John Tan and his friends from the grassroots would be fanning out to the various HDB estates to explain to residents how generous the PAP government is.

jw5

Loyal
John Tan from the SDP is nothing but a fat piece of turd. On the other hand, John Tan and his friends from the grassroots would be fanning out to the various HDB estates to explain to residents how generous the PAP government is.

You mean JohnTan and your piak and piak grasslooters? :biggrin:

LedZeppelin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are u referring to yourself? :biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
don't be too happy. they are going to get more back when they up the gst.

PAP has always given more than they have taken back in taxes. How else do you think sinkies can afford Singapore property prices and COEs and still feel good about paying those kind of prices for decades? Which other populace has that sort of sustained purchasing power? Even the Japs, once filthy rich during the 1980s, don't have that sort of spending power today. I tell you, PAP is the best!

jw5

Loyal
PAP has always given more than they have taken back in taxes. How else do you think sinkies can afford Singapore property prices and COEs and still feel good about paying those kind of prices for decades? Which other populace has that sort of sustained purchasing power? Even the Japs, once filthy rich during the 1980s, don't have that sort of spending power today. I tell you, PAP is the best!

To be able to piak and piak is bestest! :biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
To be able to piak and piak is bestest! :biggrin:

Poor MGTOW!

Later tonight, I am gonna fuck my sexy wife hard while opposition MGTOWs spend their nights masturbating furiously to pictures of women they can only dream of dating.

jw5

Loyal
Poor MGTOW!

Later tonight, I am gonna fuck my sexy wife hard while opposition MGTOWs spend their nights masturbating furiously to pictures of women they can only dream of dating.

The ang mo MGTOWs masturbate furiously to naked images of your sexy wife in their minds. :biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every year the PAP gives one-off voucher ...when you do that every year, it is no longer one-off.

Shows that the PAP is taking in too much of our money ...not in income taxes but in GST and other fees.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The ang mo MGTOWs masturbate furiously to naked images of your sexy wife in their minds. :biggrin:

Masturbate away! It gives me a great deal of satisfaction knowing that only I get to fuck my beautiful wife hard while losers can only masturbate to her.

jw5

Loyal
Masturbate away! It gives me a great deal of satisfaction knowing that only I get to fuck my beautiful wife hard while losers can only masturbate to her.

But those ang mo MGTOWs have her naked images in their minds. How do you think they got that? :biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If your premise is true, then there is no need for GST!
What choice does sinkee have? It is a Pay And Pay country.
Sustained purchasing power? Then why is the PAP stopping sinkee from withdrawing their CPF monies?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If your premise is true, then there is no need for GST!
What choice does sinkee have? It is a Pay And Pay country.
Sustained purchasing power? Then why is the PAP stopping sinkee from withdrawing their CPF monies?

GST taxes heavily on rich folk like me and Boss Sam and gives the proceeds to poor losers like you. See how much PAP loves you!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GST taxes heavily on rich folk like me and Boss Sam and gives the proceeds to poor losers like you. See how much PAP loves you!

GST is a regressive tax, a bad tax. The poor pay proportionally higher than the rich. The poor should chop the rich up for that reason.