• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP David Ong and a short lesson on how to be a Tua Pau Xian

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One more from the tpx same thread

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....Said-Zahari-passes-away&p=2427787#post2427787
I just remembered, you might want to read the life and time of Gerald de Cruz as there are some gaps that will be filled by this book. He was a full fledged communist who turned his back on them. He worked with Robert Kuok's brother to run the CPM propaganda press. Robert's mother, that though lady paid for the printing press out of love for her sons. She lost 2 sons to the cause. Gerald has some choice words about the old man. Gerald's wife was David's Marshall's confidential PA and old man tried to his usual tricks by meeting him to get his wife to "help". Daughter is Long serving Justice Judith Prakash and Son is Simon from MFa, ambassdor.

Note: I have not read the book, but seen materials from a different source. I suspect it will be rambling especially about Europe but he should identify the usual suspects and provide some interesting read.

Jek YT, James Fu and he were 3 card carrying cadres that switched. Later when the CPM fight ran out of steam, Eu, Plen's superior and Singapore's CPM chief and Sarma returned from China and filled much of the details. Hundreds of foot soldiers also swtiched but these would be the 5 highest ranking amongst the intelligentsia. Due to the cell structure, no one amongst them would have the complete picture.

Recommends someone to read a book that he has not even read at all but still cares to give his input on what the bloody book that he has not read subject to be about. :rolleyes:

jw5

Loyal
One more from the tpx same thread

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....Said-Zahari-passes-away&p=2427787#post2427787

Recommends someone to read a book that he has not even read at all but still cares to give his input on what the bloody book that he has not read subject to be about. :rolleyes:

Actually the Forum Resident Tua Pau Xian does make a lot of effort to write lenghty albeit whiny diatribes for this forum. I think we should applaud him for his efforts despite his inability to be succinct. :biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually the Forum Resident Tua Pau Xian does make a lot of effort to write lenghty albeit whiny diatribes for this forum. I think we should applaud him for his efforts despite his inability to be succinct. :biggrin:

I am actually aiding him. With my exposes of his mistakes he won't be making them again in the future. He wouldn't be writing about recommending a book that he has not read and then trying to guess what was written in it would he?

jw5

Loyal
I am actually aiding him. With my exposes of his mistakes he won't be making them again in the future. He wouldn't be writing about recommending a book that he has not read and then trying to guess what was written in it would he?

Okok, in that case, let's thank Resident TPX for for his efforts, and thank you for aiding him. :biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a story that never made the papers or received a profile and it has been going for close to 50 years. And it will continue. This is not about males Singaporeans who are required by law to do their National Service and evaded it.

These are Singapore males that migrated with their families and would not have to do NS. They left well before the age of 11 years (and later 13yrs) to places like Australia, NZ, US, Canada and other overseas locations. They did not enjoy the privileges of citizenship after the threshold year for consideration for NS. Their mistake was not following procedures to apply for exemption that they were perfectly eligible to apply for.

These are the poor souls that fell victim to poor advice from Singapore Embassies and High Commissions at the new countries that they have gone to, CMPB Contact Centre staff that was outsourced years ago and parents who fell victims to poor advice from friends and relatives.

They cannot return to Singapore, they cannot apply for renunciation, they cannot meet their extended families and friends in Singapore and they cannot be posted by their companies to work in Singapore.

Am pretty curious is the sg govt outlets so fucked up that they give wrong advice that there are literally like what thousands of such families with male sinkies that cannot return to sg cos of what ah scroo claims here?

Serious? Is this really true?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All indications are that LWL will bequeth all her wealth to a one particular hospital in the US and one in Singapore to do research. This is not about wealth.

This is about being counted and she has now realised that she has no standing with the demise of her father. The reaction to me was not about a power struggle but she felt her personal space and where has a link to the public is being shut down.

This family is too tight for this episode to change things.

The irony is that she used Cheong's book to launch her tirade. And she also stated she just read th book. In that book there are multiple cases of censorship, abuse of power and her father demanding various journalists to be sacked. One of the worse is a journalist recalled back to do his NS despite completing it. Its like ISIS complaining about cruelity to animals.

If only scrooballs could give the name of that hospital in the US or in SG i mean it's not a big deal at all is it? He after all mentions that she will be donating all her money to these 2 hospitals which is a very big claim especially if you are an outsider who isn't a personal friend/confidant of LWL.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The guy is a bold faced liar. This is his statement in parliament in responses to challanges by Sylvia Lim.

"I will be the last person to ever allow the PA to be politicised,” 'Mr Chan reassured.'

Even old man when asked why JBJ has not been made an Advisor to grassroots organisations like all other elected MPs said that he wanted someone who his government can rely on to advance its agenda and cause. In essence he acknowledged that by ignoring the elected MP who happens to be an opposition member and by putting an unelected PAP party member working with PA the policisation was what he had wanted.

I cannot recall any other government minister denying the link between party and PA because they did not want to lie but were prepared to be evasive. ( Ptader can help verify) When NTUC began removing union officials who contested seats as opposition candidate, they too were removed and old man then annouced the 'symbiotic relationship" between PAP and NTUC. We even had one of our prolific SBF members resigned from his union post in disgust.

It should also be noted that during the same session, it was revealed that MND officials failed or refused to reply to letters sent by an elected member of parliament. Why even bother to pay salaries to opposition MPs, if they are wasting their time in dealing with ministeries who refused to cooperate.

Just wondering if ptader can just come in here to verify this. I don't think the scroo lied or made up anything about this.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Opps he did it again :biggrin:

You were in the taxi trade and you are now into investment so you should be aware what is going on. Grab app biggest customers on the taxi side are Comfort drivers. They use both Comfort and Grab Apps. Temasek has invested in Grab so has AliBaba and SoftBank. It operates in 30 cities in South East Asia and on the customer side, their growth is 6 times each year for the last 2 years.

The Comfort taxi drivers who use Grab app are smart as they cover both options and operate with a bigger catchment pool of customers. Eventually the customer will come to a stage where one of the app will be his default and all signs indicate it will Grab. Why do you think Temasek invested in it more than 2 years ago.

SMRT is also partnering Grab.

The CTO of Grab came from Google and not from NTU. The founders came from Malaysia and not Singapore.

Thought the TS mentioned if comfort drivers use grab to get customers that ride is not covered by insurance? To give you credit the article link you provided mentioned comfort taxi drivers also use grab to get customers.

Why do you care if they come from mudland or sinkie or from which uni and google?

Read here

https://www.techinasia.com/wei-zhu-leaves-grabtaxi

Zhu has had a long career in the US, working with Microsoft and Facebook.

Can also be verified here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grab_(application)

Recently joining their team includes Chief Technology Officer Wei Zhu, ex-Facebook Engineer and creator of Facebook Connect who left the company in Aug 2015.

so wtf do you mean he's from google?

Lemon

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP's Tua Pau Xian

13051602_1350807528279634_8209056190371091537_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Opps he did it again :biggrin:

Thought the TS mentioned if comfort drivers use grab to get customers that ride is not covered by insurance? To give you credit the article link you provided mentioned comfort taxi drivers also use grab to get customers.

Why do you care if they come from mudland or sinkie or from which uni and google?

Read here

https://www.techinasia.com/wei-zhu-leaves-grabtaxi

Zhu has had a long career in the US, working with Microsoft and Facebook.

Can also be verified here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grab_(application)

Recently joining their team includes Chief Technology Officer Wei Zhu, ex-Facebook Engineer and creator of Facebook Connect who left the company in Aug 2015.

so wtf do you mean he's from google?

While telling his Tua Pau Xian stories, he also has this bitchy habit of reprimanding people. :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This fucking nigger really thinks he's somebody like a big shot

Absolutely agree and I m with you on this. Even Leongsam agrees scroo is a great socio-economic commentator.

For God's sake, can your gay boys try to emulate just 5% of scroo's contributions in this forum?

HolmesSr n hawkeye1819