• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP believes it will win with 60% vote share

byleftcan

Alfrescian
Loyal
look at Chiam See Tong, u dare to say such thing? fuck you man! useless man! when the going get tough, the tough get going! this is just a stupid prediction by a stupid system. every vote count! must go tell your relatives and friends to vote for oppositions!!! not sit here and whine!!! the polling not even start yet and let along result!!! u r really a sinkie that we despise in this forum. if u r in ancient military in China, u will be beheaded for demoralizing the army before the war!!! then they will use your blood and head to pray to the flag!!!

Correct. Still got hope, good chance even of opposition sweeping 1, 2 or 3 GRC and SMC

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree that any strawpoll is largely useless in Singapore not due to gerrymandering but because Singaporeans are fraught to say much truth when it comes to voting the Alternative Parties. If anything, there should be a huge shift in votes towards the Alternative Parties based on any finding from a strawpoll to better predict the final outcome.

My take is either the APs win big or win very small.

New Citizens will largely be cancelled out by voters within the 22-32 age group.

The battle is two-fold with the first within the 66% group from the last election. Have the realised their folly. From my own little experience on the ground, it is a resounding "yes".

I will not talk about the second battle until after polling is closed where I will also put my 2 cents on the expected PAP total percentage of votes.

As long as the battle is on-going, everyone can still do their part to encourage their friends and family members to vote for an honest, caring government. Forget about checks and balances because without honesty, the incumbent won't be telling the truth - so what's the point?

Without a caring government, policies will again be skewed to screw the lower and middle income groups.

Vote wisely means voting for the APs. Vote wisely. :biggrin:

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if opposition gets a few seats

Rest assured all the moles and rats will do the opposition in and they will disintegrate from within

Just look at SDP

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
9239B7E9C9E98774E38FFCB37C0BC.jpg
When this is happening they still believe in 60%????

Wah, if opposition candidates and supporters resort to such tactic when they are vying for power, what will happens to the people when they come into power?

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, if opposition candidates and supporters resort to such tactic when they are vying for power, what will happens to the people when they come into power?

cocksuck PAP bitch Stephanis myo539 chia fails to mention removing of Opposition banners in contested wards hor? Hungry for my white stuff again? Bitch!

supersherman

Alfrescian
Loyal
i only know more than 50% of my pro-pap people i know had jump ship to any opposition.Including some active army regular.CB they tell me even canteen in camp oso got CHINA FT.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
i only know more than 50% of my pro-pap people i know had jump ship to any opposition.Including some active army regular.CB they tell me even canteen in camp oso got CHINA FT.

What's wrong with having FTs?

Only the Ah Beng soldiers worry because they have no real skills except cocksucking and can be easily replaced by those FT

Haha :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal
See this survey done
http://ge2011.iblogger.org/strawpoll_results_at_20110506_2100hrs.pdf

Much better than those crap with pretended savvy by pretending people how PAP get 60%

They will be lucky to get 45%.
I revise my estimate now that the PAP lucky to get 40%

Good riddance to the nightmare that tried to rob us of our country turning it to their personal corporation and fiefdom, with us as their serfs.

Eh, this survey results is very skewed lah! Never ask Ah Pek & Ah Soh who never use internet. Its obvious from the first results as it shows age groups are those in their twenties till forties. Then, as they get older, there are fewer folks which means older folks do not use internet. As such, they rely on MSM for their news fodder & believe everything it says. Never understimate the superpower of MSM on these old people.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh, this survey results is very skewed lah! Never ask Ah Pek & Ah Soh who never use internet. Its obvious from the first results as it shows age groups are those in their twenties till forties. Then, as they get older, there are fewer folks which means older folks do not use internet. As such, they rely on MSM for their news fodder & believe everything it says. Never understimate the superpower of MSM on these old people.

It is not so much the power of the MSM as it is the credulity and anti-intellectualism of the older generation. Those who dismiss political discourse as "impractical" deserve to have every penny sucked out of their "practical" lives by corrupt governments. I pity the Ah Peks and Ah Mms who virtually kiss the feet of the PAPpies for returning to them 1/10th of the loot :rolleyes:

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
The following is an interesting set of results on the expectations of what will happen today.

http://www.acepolls.com/polls/1202846-on-may-7-pap-win/results

The designer of the poll did a pretty bad job of the categories so that it is hard to read the results. You get a much better picture if your aggregate up the numbers. The expectations are:

PAP wins 87 seats 9.50%
PAP wins 80 seats to 86 seats 11.16%
PAP wins 60 seats to 79 seats 43.39%
PAP wins less than 60 seats 35.95%

Online polls have the problem of being biased to only those that use the internet. This is mainly your P65 group who entered the workforce in 1990. This poll is therefore reflective of those aged 21 to 45.

As can be seen, only a very small minority (about 20%) are expecting the kind of strong PAP wins that have been seen in the past.

Almost 80% of those polled expect the PAP to lose more than 1 GRC.

This of course might not happen. This is because of the pre-65 who are strong PAP supporters currently make up about 50% of the electorate.

If the expectations of the P65 are not met, a large proportion of the P65 are going to feel frustrated and cheated. While we won't see Thai style red shirt street politics, these people will take their frustrations online. This election has resulted in the political awakening of many young Singaporeans. This next 5 years will therefore make the current dissent on the Internet look paltry by comparison. Come 2016 when the pre-65 will make up only 25% of the electorate, the change will happen.

Judgement Day cannot be stopped. It can only be postponed.

Last edited:

papfuckoff

Alfrescian
Loyal

As for ah peks and ah sohs, let me reproduce a report I made.

4:11 am now and I should be sleeping. But find sleeping difficult.

I earlier said PAP might get 45% of the votes. That was on the premise that 20% will be diehard PAP supporters no matter what. And 15% will leaned to them. I threw in another 10% just in case.

I was being extremely generous to them. When you see the online survey done on well over 800 people, you would have seen 1.38% vote according to upgrading plans their estate will get and 98.6% for more alternate debate in parliament.

In another related poll on who will serve our interests better, only 4% believe in the ruling party, 83% believe in the opposition and 8% are cynics believing in none at all.

The corner of the hawker center I sat in was as random as you can get. What were the chance that 5-6 tables of ah peks and ah sohs be all pro change? I did not know them, and as said before, they probably did not know other tables.

What you have seen above was polled from Internet savvy people.

What about ah peks and ah sohs and others clueless on Internet?

A lunch today at a hawker center was so revealing of the groundswell for change.

I had lunch in hawker center this afternoon.
I overheard talk of voting from people around a table next to my table, people I never known before.

They felt since the promises from PAP have been empty, the apology they heard was as empty as the promises.

I started to talk with them, a lady and 2 elderly men.

How important the vote against the PAP will be.

I was surprised when I walked away, 4 other tables around us, with about 5-6 people each table, broke out in cheers that wind of changes will come with their votes for opposition.

I never knew any of them. I do not think the people around the tables knew of other tables.

I think that is indicative of the current ground swell.

Leaked talks from PAP that they get 60% are deliberately leaked to try to claw back some votes. Those kind of talks have as much substance as PAP promises, or apology.

At best, just words that they want to put in your ears without any substance to them.

We know the answer on the 8th.

PAP will be lucky to get 45% of the total vote!

MAJULLAH SINGAPORE
YES WE CAN

I speak like I write. Articulate enough. In Chinese and English. But I was touched to receive applause from all of them.

What is the percentage of that group voting for change? 100% picked at random.

You seen enough of those figures batted about by PAP doggies as 60% plus minus something stupid to impress you with the range.

But we know how they are like with figures. Didnt we see 100 million for YOG ballooned up to 340++ million?
Didnt we see $8 for heart operation now turning into $25,000?
That is the credibility that they display to all of us.

Will it even be possible that my estimate of 45% was way too much even for them to get?

Might it be possible that some of the PAP candidates might not even get back their deposit?

Let us all make it truly happen. And cleanse our country and our souls.

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks serendipity bro, you were prophetic and spot on. Hougang and Aljunied fell and PAP did get 60%.

Hi..!

There was apparently a very high level meeting within the PAP top echelons between midnight and 2.30 am today morning to make the final assessment. I would have loved to be the fly on the wall at such a meeting. Based on my sources, here's the PAP assessment:

1. PAP will win this GE with a 60% +/-3% overall share. Their original (optimistic) assessment was that they would win this with a 63%+/- 3%share. The worst case scenario for PAP is actually 56% +/- 3% vote share.
  2. Aljunied is a lost case for PAP, though apparently the grassroots believe that during the last 3 days, GY's sympathy appeal has endeared him to the younger generation and he may scrape through. The older generation still likes GY. It is the younger generation which will be the swing factor for WP.
  3. Hougang will be retained by WP with a much slender margin.
  4. The TPY-Bishan will go down the wire. The consensus is that PAP will win this GRC with a 53% +/- 3% margin.

Apparently all the "sorry speeches" and the "tears" had some effect. Many of the voters who were fence sitters, seem to have bought into the PAP humility and a lot of them will vote for the PAP. If it was not for the tears and the sorry speeches, PAP would have lost one more GRC (TPY-Bishan) and one SMC at least. The sorry speeches and tears has a 1.5-3.5% swing appeal.

A lot of Ministers are actually chewing their nails (VB, WKS) though MBT is pretty confident of getting more than a 60% share. MBT is pretty smug.

So, in all PAP expects to lose just 1 GRC and 1 SMC. Anything more than that, would mean PAP will have to redraw their prediction model. Their prediction model worked well in 2006 and hence there is only some marginal changes done to the model.

Based on data set briefly that was used for the prediction model as of 3rd May midnight here's the qualitative assessment:

PAP has lost the mind share of the younger generation (21-35 yrs). The overall mind share loss is 62.5% ( i.e 62.5% do not believe /subscribe to the PAP's views / theories) as against 56% in the last GE. That's a big swing. It is unfortunate that the Opposition did not do a great job in connecting with this generation.

SDP minus CSJ appeal has gone up marginally. SDP wherever it has contested may get a higher vote share than with SDP+CSJ in the last GE. It may scare VB, but VB will go back to Parliament.

NSP is a non starter. Earlier it was believed that Tampines may be a risk, but last 3 days seems to indicate that PAP will sail through Tampines comfortably.

WP is gaining strength across all age/income groups. It's best supporters are the 21-35 age group (60%) as against the strength that it has (51.5%) in 2006. Clearly Sylvia and LTK has appealed to this target group.

SPP seems to become history. Even in PP, his wife gets a lot of sympathy, but it is unlikely to convert that into votes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Random thoughts:

There is so much secrecy and conspiracy theories floating around and so much mistrust all over, that the cadres seem to have lost their sense of purpose in many constituencies. So, PAP will make all effort to get the cadres aligned.

The civil service votes (which was always for the PAP) is slowly waking up to the possibility of voting for the Opposition. So, next GE there will be a special "package" for civil service.

There was only one decision maker and in all likelihood one of the 2 king makers who has chosen to operate deftly behind the scenes -- TCH. Watch out!

[B]Disclaimer:[/B]

All the observations/conclusions are drawn after factoring in the conversations, hidden observations and of course some "data" :smile:

Now, draw your own inferences :smile: