• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat PAP 4G Leaders Listening With Humility And Respect To Samsters! Any Good Ideas For Zikapore?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
file6m74tdfbv75lcfxvezm.jpg

SINGAPORE — Singaporeans from all walks of life will be invited to participate in a series of discussions, led by the fourth generation (4G) leaders and other Members of Parliament, on charting the Republic’s future, said Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat.

Wrapping up the debate on the President’s Address on Friday (May 18), Mr Heng said the Government will consult widely by reaching out to Singaporeans in different stages of life and across various occupations. It will also reach out directly to volunteer groups, different interest groups, and others who are actively contributing to society in their own ways.

“The fourth-generation leadership will listen with humility and respect. We will consider all views with an open mind, and adjust our course accordingly. We will communicate the thinking behind our decisions clearly. We will bring Singaporeans together and give everyone a role to turn good ideas into concrete action,” he said.

The Government will consolidate views aired in the House during the week-long debate before sharing further details on the dialogue series. These discussions which will form part of a wider effort to build Singapore’s future direction.

Last month, a separate series of dialogues were also launched to gather the views of young Singaporeans on important national issues. These ongoing Youth Conversations are part of a larger Singapore Youth Conference organised by the National Youth Council and the People's Association.

“Their views are important because they are our future. But we want to hear from others like the Gen X, Baby Boomers and Pioneers too,” said Mr Heng on Friday.

To move Singapore forward, the Government will continue to work on bringing out the best in its people, and forging a culture of partnership between various quarters in society.

But as the Republic gets confronted by increasingly complex challenges, the Government “will not have all the solutions”, said Mr Heng.

“We will need to harness the diverse strengths of our society, through leaders at different levels. By working together, we can achieve something greater than the sum of our parts… It is only when all parts step up, that we can best draw from diverse strengths across society to make a difference,” he said.

In 2012 and 2013, Mr Heng, then Education Minister, led a similar engagement exercise dubbed Our Singapore Conversation, where some 46,000 countrymen gave their take on a wide range of issues involving housing, healthcare, transport, education and social security, among others.

The Republic saw several policy shifts following that exercise, such as moves towards lifetime health insurance coverage for Singaporeans and permanent residents and an expansion of grants for public housing.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...aporeans-chart-countrys-future-heng-swee-keat

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Why is that lady beside Heng (left) wearing so little and exposing her flesh?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
At the end of the day..the Pappies do what they want. All these consultation is just for show

It's not for show. If you present a good argument, the PAP 4G leaders will listen to you and adopt your ideas. You might even be invited to join the PAP if you are good enough. Former transport minister Raymond Lim is a good example.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
It's not for show. If you present a good argument, the PAP 4G leaders will listen to you and adopt your ideas. You might even be invited to join the PAP if you are good enough. Former transport minister Raymond Lim is a good example.
tenor.gif

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tell me about it! That Singapore Conversation was a farce!

No it wasn't. The grassroots leaders and I had a great conversation with our ministers. We had many good ideas to improve the lives of our residents and the ministers were receptive to our feedback.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
have you informed them that the comfort women wings are full of expired banana n lack of mangoes

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No it wasn't. The grassroots leaders and I had a great conversation with our ministers. We had many good ideas to improve the lives of our residents and the ministers were receptive to our feedback.
Such as GST increase... no guarantee that your HDB will retain its value over time ... CPF life to protect reserve. NS boys death part and parcel of training , more tekan please...

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Such as GST increase... no guarantee that your HDB will retain its value over time ... CPF life to protect reserve. NS boys death part and parcel of training , more tekan please...

My original HDB has maintained its value for decades. The resale price is about 4 times my BTO price. Even if I sold it at a reduced price once it is past the 40th year, I will still make a 150% profit. My HDB is an asset. So I don't understand why sinkies are getting their panties in a bunch over the lease.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's like John Tan's daddy saying he always kiss his son good night and tell him I love you before engaging in sexual Congress with his bunghole.

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually Hor. Me think it all publicity stunt to get people to know Heng as the next PM.The rest are just for show.

There are already so many channels of feedback .
If he talks with samsters , he will get a boatful of feedbacks .

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Samsters r like PH members ah kiat is like hashimuddin, only good at making himself look good but rotten to core. Talk simi, we will eat hi.m before Dr m