• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Ownself award Ownself

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Former senior minister gets nation’s highest civilian honour

Former senior minister S. Jayakumar, who served in the Cabinets of all three of Singapore's prime ministers, headed the list of recipients of the National Day Award yesterday.

He was conferred the Order of Temasek (With High Distinction), the highest civilian honour, for his "wide-ranging, invaluable, and unique contributions to the well-being and security of Singapore".

The investiture ceremony, postponed from last year, was held at the Institute of Technical Education College Central, for more than 500 recipients of the higher honours. In all, a total of 5,472 individuals in 24 award categories received National Day honours.

President Halimah Yacob gave out the awards to recipients, who were reminded not to shake hands, a standard precaution amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

Guests in the audience, including Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat as well as former prime minister Goh Chok Tong and former president Tony Tan, were subject to safe management measures.

They had to undergo Covid-19 rapid-antigen tests and were seated a distance apart.

PM Lee said in a Facebook post after the event: "We postponed the ceremony last year due to the pandemic, so I was glad we could now present the awards in-person, split over two sessions for everyone's safety."

Professor Jayakumar, 81, was commended for having "given his entire life to the service of Singapore".

He has served as a diplomat and minister in a public service career spanning more than 30 years, and was a key negotiator and legal adviser on important issues such as the Defence Cooperation Agreement and Extradition Treaty with Indonesia and the Pedra Branca dispute with Malaysia.

On the ceremony, Prof Jayakumar said: "It was an unusual personal experience because in my 30 years as a minister, I attended this ceremony to witness others getting awards.

"I was immensely satisfied to be in the company of so many others from all walks of life who have contributed in their own ways, touched the lives of others and helped our country."

Others who received top honours were social service stalwart, Mr Koh Choon Hui, 79, as well as one of the world's foremost historians, Professor Wang Gungwu, 90.

In a Facebook post, President Halimah said: "Our public service officers deserve this recognition and honour for their selfless contributions to Singapore's development and growth in various sectors.

"I hope they will continue with their service to Singapore as we work towards the next phase of nation-building."

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Guests in the audience, including Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat as well as former prime minister Goh Chok Tong and former president Tony Tan, were subject to safe management measures.

They had to undergo Covid-19 rapid-antigen tests and were seated a distance apart.

Were they vaccinated? :unsure:

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Makes you wonder the real value of this public award if they can give it out so readily to $m salaried public servants who apparently "sacrificed" their careers ?

1617590564691.png

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Former senior minister S. Jayakumar, who served in the Cabinets of all three of Singapore's prime ministers, headed the list of recipients of the National Day Award yesterday.

He was conferred the Order of Temasek (With High Distinction), the highest civilian honour, for his "wide-ranging, invaluable, and unique contributions to the well-being and security of Singapore".

The investiture ceremony, postponed from last year, was held at the Institute of Technical Education College Central, for more than 500 recipients of the higher honours. In all, a total of 5,472 individuals in 24 award categories received National Day honours.

President Halimah Yacob gave out the awards to recipients, who were reminded not to shake hands, a standard precaution amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

PM Lee said in a Facebook post after the event: "We postponed the ceremony last year due to the pandemic, so I was glad we could now present the awards in-person, split over two sessions for everyone's safety."

Professor Jayakumar, 81, was commended for having "given his entire life to the service of Singapore".

He has served as a diplomat and minister in a public service career spanning more than 30 years, and was a key negotiator and legal adviser on important issues such as the Defence Cooperation Agreement and Extradition Treaty with Indonesia and the Pedra Branca dispute with Malaysia.

On the ceremony, Prof Jayakumar said: "It was an unusual personal experience because in my 30 years as a minister, I attended this ceremony to witness others getting awards.

"I was immensely satisfied to be in the company of so many others from all walks of life who have contributed in their own ways, touched the lives of others and helped our country."

Others who received top honours were social service stalwart, Mr Koh Choon Hui, 79, as well as one of the world's foremost historians, Professor Wang Gungwu, 90.

In a Facebook post, President Halimah said: "Our public service officers deserve this recognition and honour for their selfless contributions to Singapore's development and growth in various sectors.

"I hope they will continue with their service to Singapore as we work towards the next phase of nation-building."
Indian award Indian

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the same breathe, they are recognised as "sacrificing" for public service and same time they are paid in $m....WTF.

Food courts hawkers centres Old Uncles and Aunties clearing , cleaning tables is it also consider more "Public" Service ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They wouldn't even remove their masks for a one-time masturbatory photo op event.

I thought they have all been vaccinated? Still afraid? :unsure: