• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Overcrowding in MRT Will Eventually Lead to REVOLT?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Make train travel more comfortable
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->DURING the morning peak hours of 7am to 9am and evening peak hours of 6pm to 8pm, trains arrive at three-minute intervals. I live three stops from the end of the East-West Line, and by the time I board, the train is already 70 per cent full; two more stops down the line, it is at 90 per cent capacity.
Commuters are packed like sardines for another four stops before the interchange where about 40 per cent alight, relieving the crush of human bodies. That is 15 minutes of being squashed, and it is not a pleasant experience. Sadly, this is something I have to tolerate every morning and evening.
As Singapore's population continues to grow, the number of people using public transport will naturally increase. If we want to encourage more to 'go public', and keep roads congestion-free, making public transport more comfortable would be a great first step. Our transport system is almost world class - clean, on time and well-maintained. Can we now make it more convenient?
I understand that increasing the number of train runs would increase costs. But SMRT is a public service engine, which means it is entrusted to serve the community of commuters. For that trust, we commuters expect SMRT to have the safety and comfort of users as its key priorities.
Overcrowded trains are as unsafe as they are uncomfortable. Packing people in such close proximity can only facilitate transmission of airborne diseases.
For the safety and comfort of the millions of passengers who rely on the train system to take them to work, please reduce the interval between trains to two minutes or less during peak hours. Trudi Chong Woon Yee (Ms)

TV2009030418454800.jpg

I'm Msian FT and I drive benzee. Tell me for FCUK? *chey*

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3 min interval between train really suck. In Hong Kong less than 2 min( I think about 90 sec) interval between train.
That is big different SG and HK but the fare is about the same after currency exchange.
MPs always compare SG with Indo, Malaysia,Thai but never compare between HK.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
japan is number 2 richest country in the world
japan is true first world nations

their subways train also pack with people. i dun see why japanese can squeeze but sinkies cannot squeeze. yes, it is true that if SMRT want to have less profit, they can provide better services. but SMRT have shareholders too right. the shareholders will want more dividend or provide better service to sinkies.

i am sure shareholders want more dividend.

i hate SMRT squeezing the sinkies, but i understand why they do it.

unless you nationalised it completely and just service the nation. i see no improvement.

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everything come with the price, u think this greedy CEO will not impose price change after shortening the waiting time?? And most likely they would need to buy more cars to provide the 2 mins interval kind of service.

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal

their subways train also pack with people. i dun see why japanese can squeeze but sinkies cannot squeeze. yes, it is true that if SMRT want to have less profit, they can provide better services. but SMRT have shareholders too right. the shareholders will want more dividend or provide better service to sinkies.

unless you nationalised it completely and just service the nation. i see no improvement.
U r so rite bro, greedy CEO come with greedy shareholders, only peasants suffered. Btw, i would prefered more dividend if i were one of the shareholder, get it.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How much is the Japanese govt paid? How big is Japan?

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japan squeeze with Jap meismeis!! sg squeeze with bangla armpits!!! GET IT????? KNN

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
3 min interval between train really suck. In Hong Kong less than 2 min( I think about 90 sec) interval between train.
That is big different SG and HK but the fare is about the same after currency exchange.
MPs always compare SG with Indo, Malaysia,Thai but never compare between HK.

do this -

1) public transport - compare with bombay - s'pore wins (why not compare with HK)

2) kids maths ability - compare with USA - s'pore wins (compare with china lah !)

3) courtesy - compare with china - s'pore wins (try japan, rural britain)

4) crime - compare with JB, s'pore wins (try canada, NZ ?)

5) heat wave - compare with sahara desert, s'pore wins ...

6) freedom of speech - comapre with N Korea/Burma, PAP appears reasonable ...

macky888

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah a good one i agreed with the comparisons. we like to compare against mediocre parties but failed to mention that the best is out there (and it is not us).

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How much is the Japanese govt paid? How big is Japan?

i guess compare to MIW, japanese govt are paid peanut.

Japan is not so big, but tokyo is huge.

i think crowd train is OK. though. i seen the crowd of japanese commuter in their subway in peak hours. very scary.
singapore crowd is pretty tame compare to japanese one.

but i dun think any japanese will think, so crowd, we should change the govt.

does not work like this.

It take a lot to change govt, especially in singapore. very hard to change the govt.

crowd train? no cigar.
huge loss of country wealth? again no cigar.
massive paid of ministers? again no cigar.
freedom of press? again no cigar.

so you see, PAP is safe.