• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Outgoing CEO: Many MAS employees were doing nothing, some sleeping

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is our good abang's reply defending m&d culture and work habits:

The National Union of Flight Attendants Malaysia (Nufam) has blasted outgoing Malaysia Airlines chief executive officer Christoph Mueller for saying he had to slash 6,000 jobs at the airline as many were doing nothing with some even sleeping in the hangars.

Nufam said as an outsider, Christoph did not understand Malaysian work culture.

“The problem with him is he is an outsider and may not understand the culture of workers in this country.

“When workers sleep, there may be a reason why they sleep. Is sleep not important for the workers to recover their energy?

“He needs to understand the workers in operations work in the range of 24 hours and some do overtime, causing them to be exhausted,” it said in a statement today.

Nufam added that there was no reason for workers to come to work simply to sleep.

“Why sleep at the office? Might as well sleep at home which is more comfortable or take leave if they are not well-rested,” it said.

Nufam also questioned if Mueller thought members of the cabin crew were also sleeping on the job.

“If they are sleeping, who are the one preparing food for passengers? Ghosts?

“Even the cabin crew need sleep as it is important to be fresh for long flights,” he said.

Furthermore, Nufam said airlines such as Virgin even encourages their employees to take a nap if they are tired, describing it as a compassionate company and do not see workers as mere “spare parts”.

“Sleeping is not an excuse for a company like MAS to sack workers.

“We believe that Mueller, with his tight schedule, will also feel drowsy and would take a nap when he has the chance,” it said.

Nufam said Mueller’s comment was hurtful to the 6,000 out of 20,000 employees who were let go, calling it “egoistic”.

Mueller in an interview with German broadcaster Deutsche Welle said he found many workers doing nothing when he took over Malaysia Airlines as CEO.

“Many of the 20,000 employees who worked for the airline had nothing to do. In fact, when I walked through the hangars, people were sleeping. That's why I had to radically cut 6,000 jobs,” he was quoted as saying.

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing about Mats' culture, another nice word for corruption as typical lifestyle, is that every job in government and government-controlled companies can be seen as a way to make money. Secondly skiving is a way of life just like the word we used "keng" in SAF.

As good old Jibby (Najib) used to say, "I scratched your back. You know what to do ...".

It is pervasive from top to bottom and the worst can be found in enforcement agencies like police and customs and one thing is that they love to go exploit those with "caught" offences. If you are caught and put in the lockups, the police can offer you anything from drugs, food etc for a price.

This Ang Mo must have found out the hard way. He is smart to leave as his life will be in danger if he continues to exercise corporate restructuring. Previous Mat CEOs know too well not to do anything to risk their lives and careers.

At least with this, anyone wants to fly MAS? Pilots, air stewards, crew all need their sleep and with this tightening, productivity is sure to go down further. Macam ini?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
of course noooooooooobody can understand the mats.they are a race shrouded in mystery,closed off and mysterious to cina and ang moh eyes..

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
took 2 mats to serve durian teh tarik in 30 minutes with few customers at the eatery. nuff said.

image.jpg

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The National Union of Flight Attendants Malaysia (Nufam) has blasted outgoing Malaysia Airlines chief executive officer Christoph Mueller for saying he had to slash 6,000 jobs at the airline as many were doing nothing with some even sleeping in the hangars.

“The problem with him is he is an outsider and may not understand the culture of workers in this country.

“When workers sleep, there may be a reason why they sleep. Is sleep not important for the workers to recover their energy?

“He needs to understand the workers in operations work in the range of 24 hours and some do overtime, causing them to be exhausted,” it said in a statement today.

Nufam added that there was no reason for workers to come to work simply to sleep.

“Why sleep at the office? Might as well sleep at home which is more comfortable or take leave if they are not well-rested,” it said.

Nufam also questioned if Mueller thought members of the cabin crew were also sleeping on the job.

“If they are sleeping, who are the one preparing food for passengers? Ghosts?

“Even the cabin crew need sleep as it is important to be fresh for long flights,” he said.

Furthermore, Nufam said airlines such as Virgin even encourages their employees to take a nap if they are tired, describing it as a compassionate company and do not see workers as mere “spare parts”.

“Sleeping is not an excuse for a company like MAS to sack workers.

“We believe that Mueller, with his tight schedule, will also feel drowsy and would take a nap when he has the chance,” it said.

Nufam said Mueller’s comment was hurtful to the 6,000 out of 20,000 employees who were let go, calling it “egoistic”.

Mueller in an interview with German broadcaster Deutsche Welle said he found many workers doing nothing when he took over Malaysia Airlines as CEO.

“Many of the 20,000 employees who worked for the airline had nothing to do. In fact, when I walked through the hangars, people were sleeping. That's why I had to radically cut 6,000 jobs,” he was quoted as saying.

The union spokeperson has the same logic shown by our overpaid PAP ministars! And the union chief doesn't get paid millions.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One thing about Mats' culture, another nice word for corruption as typical lifestyle, is that every job in government and government-controlled companies can be seen as a way to make money. Secondly skiving is a way of life just like the word we used "keng" in SAF.

As good old Jibby (Najib) used to say, "I scratched your back. You know what to do ...".

It is pervasive from top to bottom and the worst can be found in enforcement agencies like police and customs and one thing is that they love to go exploit those with "caught" offences. If you are caught and put in the lockups, the police can offer you anything from drugs, food etc for a price.

This Ang Mo must have found out the hard way. He is smart to leave as his life will be in danger if he continues to exercise corporate restructuring. Previous Mat CEOs know too well not to do anything to risk their lives and careers.

At least with this, anyone wants to fly MAS? Pilots, air stewards, crew all need their sleep and with this tightening, productivity is sure to go down further. Macam ini?

This angmo has done what he could. He has established a framework for the next CEO to implement. Only a Malay can be the CEO to execute the plan. Even a Chinese or Indian mudlander will not be able to succeed. When a Malay does it, the race issue is no longer in play.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MAS flight attendants are pretty good ...I think the outgoing CEO was referring to the ground staff. Southeast Asia is very hot ...the heat and humidity zap up all your energy.

the airport is air-conditioned, unless it's air-conned. the 2 were busy swiping their fingers on their mobiles. behind the counter staff who were supposed to brew the tarik were doing the same. observed that almost all airport jobs were given to mats. didn't have the same wait time downtown with jiu hu kia staff, and it was more crowded there.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the airport is air-conditioned, unless it's air-conned. the 2 were busy swiping their fingers on their mobiles. behind the counter staff who were supposed to brew the tarik were doing the same. observed that almost all airport jobs were given to mats. didn't have the same wait time downtown with jiu hu kia staff, and it was more crowded there.

Chinese don't want these kinds of jobs ...paying peanuts.
You should try flying MAS ...not bad leh ...better SQ for inflight service.

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
This angmo has done what he could. He has established a framework for the next CEO to implement. Only a Malay can be the CEO to execute the plan. Even a Chinese or Indian mudlander will not be able to succeed. When a Malay does it, the race issue is no longer in play.

The next Mat CEO will reinstate 6000 sacked employees and add 6000 more. This angmo has made a mistake. He is decreasing productivity when many m&ds are deprived of sleep. More folks, then productivity go up! This is Mat logic and culture, inborn and ingrained. Superior genes.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

thats the problem,i would never invest in a company run by a mat CEO cause he would be under pressure to give in to the wishes of the malay culture and community,he would be forced by peer pressure and social pressures to be kawan kawan with his fellow bangs.malays they treasure community ties and kinship more than anything.pretty soon he will be giving concessions to mat suppliers and contractors and hiring dozens of abangs to stand around and do nothing and chit chat all day and take smoke breaks.the only Abang that is willing to betray their community and fellow men is a PAP Bang,also one thing Abangs value above all else,Lepak or chill above profits.the main objective or purpose of a Mat's life is to laze around and do nothing.beyond that nothing else matters.

a malay company is fine,as long as it is headed by a cina CEO or ang moh ceo and the supervisors and bosses are other races.otherwise it would just be a failed to takeoff,stillborn,aborted fetus economy that will go nowhere.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thats the problem,i would never invest in a company run by a mat CEO cause he would be under pressure to give in to the wishes of the malay culture and community,he would be forced by peer pressure and social pressures to be kawan kawan with his fellow bangs.malays they treasure community ties and kinship more than anything.pretty soon he will be giving concessions to mat suppliers and contractors and hiring dozens of abangs to stand around and do nothing and chit chat all day and take smoke breaks.the only Abang that is willing to betray their community and fellow men is a PAP Bang,

a malay company is fine,as long as it is headed by a cina CEO or ang moh ceo and the supervisors and bosses are other races.otherwise it would just be a failed to takeoff,stillborn,aborted fetus economy that will go nowhere.

There are some very good Malay CEOs who is result focused. Just that there are not many around. If there are, Mudland would have surpassed sinkapore.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
MISC has a chinese CEO for the very first time. And indian muslims dominate malay corporates and top hierarchy of civil service.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its pretty much endemic across the Public service and Government businesses. Remember Air Asia was started by a govt agency and was then sold to Tony Fernandez for $1 ringgit plus debts of $11m. It took less than 18mths to turn a profit.

The more enterprising locals will report for work and then leave to run their own businesses. Some are in the payroll but have never turned for work for years. People stopped grumbling abou these things and the other races have either learnt to work in the environment or helping themselves just as much.

I once was in MAS Business lounge in KL and just before lunch, the kitchen staff brought out the lunch dishes and laid it out. Next thing a someworkers with plates came out from the kitchen and formed queue and helped themselves to the food. They were all in uniform. I was shocked.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact that he acknowledged the culture behaving in this manner speaks volumes.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The same culture is now creeping into Singapore. Look at People's Association, GLCs and even positions given to retired Army and Police Officers in schools etc. When a politician or senior civil servant fails, he is placed in NTUC or a GLC. Look at Lim Chee Onn and Ong Ke Yung. Look at Chan Heng Chee's Alan Chee's younger sibling. In the landed in MFA.

We however are not that endemic and we also couch it better as though the person is a valuable asset and cannot be lost to the private sector. Look at former CDF who was posted to NOL. In 4 years he earned $16m and still could not save NOL.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

I hope whatever framework that he established includes converting all offices and hangars to circular or cylindrical shapes. That will prevent the m&ds from relac relac one corner.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Idiots like you are exactly why singapore is so fucked today. There is a lesson to be learned here from the MAS angmo CEO's comments and from the subsequent comments of the union and you are learning the wrong lesson. Let me tell you what the lesson is.

Yes, its true that MAS is inefficiency and that there are 6000 staff that do not need to be there and can be terminated to streamline the company. Yes, there are many suppliers and they charge more money because MAS cannot consolidate them to get economies of scale. All this is true, I don't deny it and more likely the same goes on in many other large Malaysian GLC companies.

But how is that different from Singapore? Are you telling me I can't go into ST and fire 2000 staff tomorrow and still be ok? How about Singpower? How about HDB, SPH, and LTA, how about SMRT? You think I cannot go into these orgs and fire 20% of the staff tomorrow and still get the same results? Lets look at MINDEF, MOE, etc. I can fire 5000 staff at MOE tomorrow and you wouldn't know the difference. What about our MPs? Does a small country like ours need 89 MPs at $17K per month, and part timers at that?

I understand what MAS is doing. They are in the business of job creation for their own citizens as well as running an airline, that is what they are running excess manpower. They are not worried about the 6000 excess manpower when they are being paid in Ringitt. On the other hand, the PAP is in the business of creating excess and unnecessary jobs for PAP MIWs and their Scholar general cronies and their PAP crassloot leaders, and for their FT pets. Which is better? Create jobs for malaysian people in MAS or create jobs (at much higher pay) for the PAP and their cronies? This used to be the role of the PAP pioneer generation leaders. People like Goh Keng Swee and Hon Sui Sen. How to create jobs for so many sinkies of a new country and with no natural resources. They earnestly worked towards finding jobs for all sinkies and they were successful by the 1970s. Now the son is more interested in creating jobs for China, India, Phillppines, etc. They don't give a shit if every sinkie who wants to work can have a job. They would rather populate GLCs with their FTs rather then hire singaporeans.

I like also the part where the union chief weights in and starts whacking the German CEO. Granted some of what he said was ridiculous and illogical. But he stood up for his membership. When a FT CEO criticize his union workers he stepped up and defended them. When was the last time we saw that in singapore? tens of thousands of sinkies have been unfairly laid off from their jobs, in many cases by supervisors who are FTs hiring their own people to replace them, and you don't hear a squeak from NTUC or any union speaking out against this. I rather have a bungling mat union leader speak against this outrage then the deafening silence from the sinkie so called leaders.

In many ways, I can prefer the malaysian system. Yes, I can see they are inefficient, but i can see too that they look after their own people. On the other hand, I see the singapore system is inefficient too, but they fuck care about the peasants. And more importantly, they stand up for their people. Rather have that then have the PAP constantly blaming the people for this and for that and scolding them for being lazy and hence not productive enough.

Last edited: