• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Out of Strength&Wits&Guts, Dotard use SUICIDE BOMBING against Putin - YES to Russian Election Meddling Now!

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2018/07/18/trump-russian-election-interference

Political Strategists

Political Strategists On Trump's Russian Election Interference Walk-Back

July 18, 2018
0718_trump-1000x770.jpg
closemore
President Trump talks about his meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin, during a meeting with House Republicans at the White House on July 17, 2018 in Washington, D.C. (Mark Wilson/Getty Images)
President Trump on Tuesday walked back comments he made defending Russian President Vladimir Putin and criticizing U.S. intelligence agencies during a joint press conference Monday.
Democratic strategist Jamal Simmons (@JamalSimmons) and Republican strategist Paris Dennard (@PARISDENNARD) join Here & Now's Jeremy Hobson and Robin Young to discuss the latest on the Trump-Putin summit, Judge Brett Kavanaugh's nomination to the Supreme Court and more.
This segment airs on July 18, 2018. Audio will be available after the broadcast.
Related:

http://www.wbur.org/npr/629764949/ryan-vladimir-putin-does-not-share-our-interests
Trump Walks Back Controversial Comments On Russian Election Interference

July 17, 2018
rtx6btkk_slide-8301d4a6a3f24080e2f7f89a9bbceb7dee7fd083.jpg
closemore
President Trump told reporters on Tuesday that he has "full faith and support for America's great intelligence agencies."
Updated at 5:18 p.m. ET
A day after his much-criticized news conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin, President Trump attempted some damage control Tuesday, saying "I accept" the findings of the U.S. intelligence community that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential campaign.
But he again repeated his claim that there was no collusion between his presidential campaign and Russia and suggested that others may have interfered in the election.
During his news conference along side Putin in Helsinki on Monday, Trump stated he didn't see "any reason" why Russia was responsible for hacking the 2016 election, as U.S. intelligence agencies have found.
The president also said Monday that Putin's denials of interference were "extremely strong and powerful."
Before a meeting with GOP lawmakers on Tuesday, Trump told reporters that he misspoke in Helsinki and that when he said he saw no reason why it "would" be Russia that interfered, he meant to say he saw no reason why it "wouldn't."
Trump added that he has "full faith and support for America's great intelligence agencies."
"I accept our intelligence community's conclusion that Russia's meddling in the 2016 election took place," Trump said, but then, calling into question the extent of his acceptance, he added that it "could be other people also, there are a lot of people out there."
The top Democrat in the House, Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California, said in a statement that Trump's remarks Tuesday "embarrasses our nation even further." Pelosi also wondered whether they actually signaled a change in the president's approach to Russia's leader. "Will he finally take on Putin? Has he called Putin to convey his newfound confidence in our Intelligence Community? Will he demand the extradition of the 12 recently indicted Russian nationals ...?" Pelosi also wrote.
Trump walked back his comments after top Republican congressional leaders implicitly criticized Trump's initial remarks in Finland.
gettyimages-1000616702-7ea60ed3d869dfb16b0bf53104281bf7555d5107.jpg
House Speaker Paul Ryan talks with reporters Tuesday. He said that Russia "did meddle with our elections" and that he would consider further sanctions against Moscow. (Getty Images)
House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., told reporters Tuesday that Russia "did meddle with our elections" and said he would consider further sanctions against Moscow.
"We stand by our NATO allies and all those countries that are facing Russia aggression. How many times have I stood up here and told you what I think about Vladimir Putin? Vladimir Putin does not share our interests. Vladimir Putin does not share our values," said Ryan.
A few hours later, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., echoed those comments. Calling NATO the most significant military alliance in history, McConnell said Russia was not "our friend," adding, "I think the Russians need to know that there are a lot of us that fully understand what happened in 2016, and that it really better not happen again."
Ryan said he had not spoken with Trump, who hosted Republican members of Congress to discuss another round of tax cuts. The speaker said he stood by his Monday statement that "the president must appreciate that Russia is not our ally. There is no moral equivalence between the United States and Russia, which remains hostile to our most basic values and ideals."
Trump took on his critics via Twitter on Tuesday morning, saying he had "a great meeting with NATO" and "an even better meeting" with Putin, but saying that "it is not being reported that way" and that "the Fake News is going Crazy."

Ryan also said special counsel Robert Mueller should be allowed to continue his investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election, adding "nothing has changed."
Copyright NPR 2018.

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/18/...e-on-russian-election-interference/index.html

Trump versus US intelligence on Russian election interference
By Marshall Cohen, CNN
Updated 1522 GMT (2322 HKT) July 18, 2018

(CNN, Washington)The US government is convinced Russia interfered in the 2016 election, the operation was ordered by Russian President Vladimir Putin, and it was designed to help Donald Trump win. The US intelligence community announced these conclusions in a bombshell report in January 2017.
Since then, Trump has repeatedly rejected, questioned and mischaracterized key findings from the report. Trump even publicly sided with Putin, who denies interfering, over the US intelligence agencies during their July 2018 summit in Helsinki, Finland. A day later in Washington he said he misspoke in Helsinki and did believe the intelligence community and it was Russia who meddled, but then added, "It could be other people also. A lot of people out there."
Trump has nominally acknowledged Russian meddling on a few occasions, including Tuesday, but he has never unequivocally affirmed his support for the US intelligence report. Trump's appointees to lead the FBI, CIA and National Security Agency have all endorsed the report. Trump's handpicked Director of National Intelligence, Dan Coats, reiterated that support after the Helsinki summit.
Here are 10 ways Trump has strayed from his own intelligence agencies on Russian meddling.
Putin's involvement in the meddling

Which candidate Russia supported

Impact on the the election results

Who got hacked by the Russians

Cyberattacks against the DNC

The role of WikiLeaks

The historic nature of Russia's actions

Russian meddling on social media

The ability to attribute cyberattacks

 The agencies that wrote the report

CNN's Caroline Kelly, Liz Stark and Austen Bundy contributed to this report.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/18/ligh...u-turn-russian-election-interference-7728807/

Lights go out on Trump at moment he makes U-turn on Russian election interference

Jane WhartonWednesday 18 Jul 2018 7:50 am
Share this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via google

Donald Trump joked that the US intelligence forces had shut down power in the White House when the lights suddenly went out as he was speaking.
The US leader was addressing reporters and backtracking over comments he made at his summit with Russian premier Vladimir Putin that Russia had no impact on the American presidential elections.
As he spoke, White House Chief of Staff John Kelly accidentally turned off the lights by leaning against the switch.
sei_22023894.jpg

President Donald Trump did a dramatic U-turn following his talks about his meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin. (Picture: Getty)
Trump quipped: ‘Whoops, they just turned off the lights – that must be the intelligence agencies.
‘That was strange. But that’s OK.’
The president was talking about how he had ‘full faith and support’ in the intelligence agencies after suffering a monumental backlash after his visit to Helsinki to meet Putin.
In Finland, as he was stood next to the Russian leader, Trump appeared to refute the intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia did interfere with the 2016 election.
sei_22024323.jpg

The lights temporally go out in the Cabinet Room as Trump spoke about his faith in the intelligence services. (Picture: Getty)
To the horror of many, he said he was not convinced it was Moscow, adding: ‘I don’t see any reason why it would be.
‘President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial.’
However last night Trump claimed he mixed up his words and instead of saying ‘would’ he meant ‘wouldn’t.’
And so while he now does think Russia meddled, he claims it had no impact upon the result, which saw him declared leader.

He added: ‘I came back, and thought, ‘what’s the big deal?’

‘I got a transcript, reviewed a clip of an answer that I gave and I realised there is a need for some clarification.

‘It should have been obvious, I thought it would have been obvious, but I would like to clarify just in case it wasn’t.

‘In a key sentence in my remarks I said the word ‘would’ instead of ‘wouldn’t.’

‘The sentence should have been ‘I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be Russia.’

sei_21850999.jpg

Russian President Vladimir Putin (R) shakes hands with US President Donald J. Trump (L) during their one-to-one meeting at the Presidential Palace in Helsinki, Finland. (Picture: EPA)
‘Sort of a double negative. So you can put that in, and I think that probably clarifies things by itself.’

Trump then revealed a new vow to crack down on any interference in the upcoming midterm elections.

The stunning about-face cames after Trump spent much of the last 18 months branding special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian meddling as a ‘witch hunt’.

Trump, who spent two hours in private with Putin, was urged to take action by allies after Monday’s disastrous summit with Putin.

He sparked fury among Republicans and Democrats – and normally sympathetic broadcasters such as Fox News – after telling a room of journalists he accepted Putin’s denials of Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

sei_220210111.jpg

U.S. President Donald Trump holds prepared remarks as he backtracked about his full support for the intelligence agency. (Picture: Reuters)
That came despite evidence from US intelligence agencies to the contrary, sparking claims Trump had been disloyal to the United States and its security services.

Trump also claimed that the US and Russia were equally to blame for the badly deteriorated relationship between the two countries.

Trump has faced criticism in particular for his refusal to publicly challenge Mr Putin.

However in typical fashion, the US leader blamed the media for the bad reaction to his trip.

He tweeted: ‘I had a great meeting with Nato, raising vast amounts of money, I had an even better meeting with Vladimir Putin of Russia.’

He added: ‘Sadly, it is not being reported that way – the Fake News is going Crazy!’

Got a story for Metro.co.uk?

If you have a story for our news team, email us at [email protected].
You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://wset.com/news/connect-to-congress/trump-changes-his-tune-on-russian-election-meddling

Trump changes tune on Russian election meddling: 'What I meant to say is ...'
by KRISTINE FRAZAO, Sinclair Broadcast Group
Wednesday, July 18th 2018

Russian President Vladimir Putin gives a soccer ball to U.S. President Donald Trump, left, during a press conference after their meeting at the Presidential Palace in Helsinki, Finland, Monday, July 16, 2018. (AP Photo/Alexander Zemlianichenko)

WASHINGTON (SBG) - The delicate dance of diplomacy was on full display Monday, though following the Trump-Putin summit many lawmakers on both sides of the aisle called it a disaster.

“I think it was a very embarrassing press conference,” said Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R- Ill.
“I think it undermines our position as a nation and our security,” said Rep. Brad Schneider, D-Ill.

In newspaper headlines worldwide, the meeting was criticized.

The question now on the minds of many is why President Donald Trump publicly sided with Russian President Vladimir Putin over his own intelligence agencies, when he said this:
“President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial. He just said it's not Russia. I don't see any reason why it would be."
But one day after that shocking statement, the president changed his tune.
“What I meant to say is I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t,” he said, referring to Russian election meddling.

The acknowledgement comes after a long history of denials, said Daniel Kochis, a policy analyst on European affairs and U.S.-Russia relations with the conservative D.C. think tank The Heritage Foundation.
“My guess is that he feels that it somehow detracts from what he did to win to admit that Russia interfered in the elections,” said Kochis in an interview Tuesday.
“I think the president likes to look for areas where there’s cooperation and move forward, but I think to be strong on the world stage against Russia, I think you need to be very clear about where the United States stands and you need to do so often times publicly,” he added.
Still, some are defending President Trump.
“We don’t know how this is going to come out until we look back on it through the portals of history,” said Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa.
Now that he’s backtracked on his remarks, many in Washington say they’ll be watching to see how it impacts President Trump’s relationship with President Putin moving forward.

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.rt.com/usa/433647-trump-putin-responsible-meddling/

Trump holds Putin responsible for ‘meddling’ because ‘he’s in charge’ of Russia – interview
Published time: 18 Jul, 2018 21:49 Edited time: 18 Jul, 2018 23:46
Get short URL
5b4fb5d9fc7e93a90d8b45f8.jpg

© Kevin Lamarque / Reuters

US President Donald Trump believes Vladimir Putin should be held responsible for alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 election after all - since he is the president of Russia, Trump told CBS.
The network teased a quote from Trump ahead of airing his interview with CBS Evening News anchor Jeff Glor, which was broadcast at 6:30 pm Eastern Time on Wednesday. In it, Glor asks Trump if he would hold Putin personally culpable for the alleged election interference.
Trump said yes, although he apparently stopped short of actually blaming Putin for personally ordering an influence op, the way his opponents tend to.
“I would because he's in charge of the country just like I consider myself to be responsible for things that happen in this country," Trump said. "So certainly as the leader of the country you would have to hold him responsible.”
Read more
From 'disgusting' to 'treason': Mainstream US media horrified by Trump-Putin summit
He also said he warned Putin against future meddling during their summit in Helsinki, Finland, on Monday.
"I let him know we can't have this. We're not going to have it. And that's the way it's going to be," Trump said.
Mainstream US media, Democratic politicians and not a few never-Trump Republicans joined in a chorus of condemnations after Trump did not use the press conference following the summit to publicly attack Putin the way they thought he should have.
The US president was accused of “siding with the KGB over the CIA” and betraying American democracy by not taking the assessment of US intelligence agencies at face value, rather than appearing to give equal weight to Putin’s “powerful” insistence that Russia did not interfere in the 2016 election.
Facing the onslaught of criticism, Trump sought to clarify his remarks by telling reporters that when he said he saw no reason why Russia “would” interfere, he meant to say he saw no reason why it “wouldn’t” be Russia, which led to another media frenzy.
Full faith in new spies, not old ones
In the CBS interview, Trump praised his Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and CIA chief Gina Haspel as “excellent” people. Asked if the intelligence agencies were out to get him, Trump said he had “full confidence” in the new leadership.
Coats, whom Trump called “a great patriot [who] loves this country,” has publicly endorsed the previous administration’s “intelligence community assessment” (ICA) published in January 2017, that accused Russia of using unspecified “active measures” to influence the election.
Read more
US media claims Trump betrayed America with Putin meeting – Republican voters say otherwise
Trump singled out the intelligence leadership of the past administration, naming former CIA directors John Brennan and Michael Hayden, former DNI James Clapper, former FBI Director James Comey and his deputy Andrew McCabe, to say he “can’t have any confidence in the past” conduct of intelligence agencies, however.
Clapper set up the task force that composed the ICA. Comey and Brennan were also involved, as well as NSA chief Admiral Mike Rogers, whom Trump did not bring up.
On Monday, Brennan said Trump’s conduct at the press conference was “nothing short of treasonous.” The president replied by describing him as a “total lowlife.”
Comey tweeted on Tuesday that “All who believe in this country’s values must vote for Democrats this fall.”
Clapper famously said last year that Russians are “typically, almost genetically driven to co-opt, penetrate, gain favor, whatever, which is a typical Russian technique.”
Trump also singled out FBI agent Peter Strzok and lawyer Lisa Page, whose anti-Trump texts got them removed from Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team last year. Mueller was appointed after Comey’s firing in May 2017, to pursue the claim that Trump’s campaign somehow “colluded” with Russia during the 2016 campaign. No evidence of such collusion has been presented since.
Think your friends would be interested? Share this story!

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dotard had to pull RUSSIAN ELECTION MEDDLING to fix Putin, this is a SUICIDE ATTACK, which is the ULTIMATE DESPERADO. He LOST VERY BADLY! No Strength! No Wits! No Guts! No Money! Powerless to fight against Putin!

Ang4MohTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dotard is desperate with Putin. Pulling out a Russian Spy Girl issue trying to bait Putin for spy POW exchange.

https://www.rt.com/usa/433732-butina-real-americans-tv/

‘The Americans' was a 'documentary’: Twitter on fire over mysterious Russian spy story
Published time: 19 Jul, 2018 16:34
Get short URL
5b509009fc7e9354108b456b.jpg

Maria Butina © / Facebook

A 29-year-old woman accused of acting as a Russian agent in the United States and using sex as part of her ‘covert plan’ has been jailed without bail pending her trial — and it’s all too much for Twitter to handle.
Maria Butina was arrested on Sunday on charges of acting as a foreign agent without registering with the US government. A judge granted the prosecutors’ request that she be remanded in custody due to concerns that she poses a significant flight risk and has been in contact with Russian intelligence officials.
Twitter users were quick to draw parallels with the popular TV drama ‘The Americans’ which depicts the lives of two deep-cover KGB agents living what appear to be normal American lives in a Virginia suburb, but who are actually involved in all sorts of nefarious undercover activity in service of the Soviet Union.
One Twitter user noted that the story sounded like something “straight out of” the TV show, while others joked that perhaps the show was actually a “documentary” and that Butina’s story was kind of like watching “bonus episodes” of the drama play out in real time.

“It's like we're somehow living inside some sort of long-lost crossover episode between House of Cards and The Americans that was rejected for being too contrived,” another tweeter wrote.
Other users drew parallels with the Jennifer Lawrence movie in which the actress plays a Russian agent who uses sex to advance her agenda and manipulate foreign targets.

In fairness, the story does bear at least some resemblance to the TV and movie dramas, though Butin’s guilt has not yet been established. Nor has she been charged with espionage specifically — but prosecutors say she kept contact information for Russian intelligence officials and was in communication with them and working on behalf of the Kremlin.
Prosecutors presented the court with a photo of Butina meeting in Washington DC with someone believed to be a Russian agent along with a handwritten note allegedly uncovered by the FBI at the woman’s apartment in which she asked how to respond to an offer of employment by the FSB, Russia’s foreign intelligence agency.
Assistant US Attorney Erik M. Kenerson said Butina was engaged in an “ongoing relationship” with a Republican political strategist and offered another person “sex in exchange for a position within a special interest organization."
READ MORE: Russian gun activist must remain in jail after prosecutors say she was Kremlin spy
The 29-year-old who arrived in the US on a student visa in August 2016 has been a prominent activist for conservative values and a big supporter of gun rights and the Second Amendment.
Moscow has said the case against Butina is politically motivated and her attorney has called it “a misuse of the Foreign Agent statute, which is designed to punish covert propaganda, not open and public networking by foreign students.”
According to the indictment against her, she was “developing relationships with US persons and infiltrating organizations having influence in American politics, for the purpose of advancing the interests of the Russian Federation” without registering as a foreign agent with the US Department of Justice. If convicted, Butina could face five years in prison.
Like this story? Share it with a friend!

https://www.rt.com/usa/433686-trump-war-russia-media-putin/

Trump: ‘Reckless’ media pushing for ‘major confrontation with Russia that could lead to war’
Published time: 19 Jul, 2018 11:40 Edited time: 19 Jul, 2018 14:59
Get short URL
5b50779afc7e93cb638b45bb.jpg

© Eric Thayer / Reuters

Donald Trump says that recent hysteria whipped up by the “Fake News Media” about his summit with Vladimir Putin shows that the US press is eager for a “major confrontation” with Russia, one that could even lead to war.
“The Fake News Media wants so badly to see a major confrontation with Russia, even a confrontation that could lead to war. They are pushing so recklessly hard and hate the fact that I’ll probably have a good relationship with Putin. We are doing MUCH better than any other country!” the US president tweeted on Thursday.

Shortly after accusing the media of pushing for confrontation with Russia, Trump tweeted that he looked forward to meeting Putin again so that the two leaders could finalize plans for cooperation between Washington and Moscow.
“The Summit with Russia was a great success, except with the real enemy of the people, the Fake News Media. I look forward to our second meeting so that we can start implementing some of the many things discussed, including stopping terrorism, security for Israel, nuclear proliferation, cyber attacks, trade, Ukraine, Middle East peace, North Korea and more. There are many answers, some easy and some hard, to these problems...but they can ALL be solved!” he wrote.

Monday’s summit in Helsinki has inspired a barrage of sensational headlines, with some outlets even openly comparing the meeting between the two leaders as a modern-day Pearl Harbor.
In a similar tweet from Wednesday, Trump denounced these extreme characterizations of his summit with the Russian president. “Some people HATE the fact that I got along well with President Putin of Russia. They would rather go to war than see this. It’s called Trump Derangement Syndrome!”
As a presidential candidate, Trump campaigned on the pledge that he would attempt to mend relations with Moscow, repeatedly insisting that “getting along with Russia is a good thing.”
Read more
From 'disgusting' to 'treason': Mainstream US media horrified by Trump-Putin summit
While 71 percent of Republicans approve of Trump’s handling of Russia, the media seem almost disappointed that there’s not more open hostility between the two nuclear powers.
The mainstream media are “almost unanimously endorsing the idea that we have to have an enemy,” former US congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul told RT. “And at this point – especially for the last 20 years – they’ve been working very hard to make Russia the enemy, and I think this is wrong.”
Coverage of Helsinki summit dominated by apocalyptic headlines and ominous tweets.
Former CIA director, now MSNBC contributor, John Brennan exemplified the post-summit mood among Russiagate enthusiasts, tweeting that Trump’s behavior at the joint press conference with Putin was “nothing short of treasonous.”
“You have been watching one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president at a summit in front of a Russian leader that I have ever seen,”
CNN anchor Anderson Cooper declared after the press conference wrapped up on Monday afternoon.
Even Fox News, often singled out by liberals as an organ of Trump administration propaganda – lashed out at the president. Neil Cavuto of Fox Business said it was “disgusting” that Trump did not use the press conference to publicly call out Putin for interfering in the 2016 election.
Although regularly accused of being in bed with Putin, Trump’s actions directly contradict his alleged “collusion” with Moscow. Already, the US president has unilaterally pulled out of the 2015 Iran nuclear deal – which Russia worked for several years to negotiate. Furthermore, the full range of Obama-era sanctions against Russia have remained in place, with Trump even escalating diplomatic tensions by booting dozens of Russian diplomats from the country.

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
Putin at summit with Dotard deliberately released more and more videos of his invincible nukes and strongly advantaged strategic nuke arms.

Many videos can not be embedded here, must click this to watch: [top secret nuke production plants video of Putin]

https://www.rt.com/news/433656-russia-new-weapons-videos/

Fresh footage of futuristic weapon tests & development released by Russian military (VIDEOS)
Published time: 19 Jul, 2018 06:08 Edited time: 19 Jul, 2018 13:19
Get short URL
5b4ff059dda4c816068b4603.png

Russia's Defense Ministry has released a new batch of videos of cutting-edge weapons, first unveiled by President Vladimir Putin back in March. The footage shows new tests, as well as gives a grasp of the development process.
The impressive set of new weapons was unveiled by Putin during his annual speech before the Federation Council back in March. The futuristic armaments, some of which are already in service, are designed to give Russia a strong deterrence against any aggression against the country.
High-precision hypersonic weaponry
The hypersonic air-launched Kinzhal missile, which is able to travel 10 times faster than the speed of sound, continues to undergo tests in the Southern Military District. The aviation unit that received the new missiles last December has flown over 350 missions with Kinzhals attached and launched it a number of times. The missile is launched from a high-altitude MiG-31 fighter jet, and it has an effective range of 2,000 kilometers. The Kinzhal can be fitted with nuclear and conventional warheads, and it is able to penetrate the most elaborate air defenses.

Another hypersonic novelty, the Avangard missile complex, has finally entered production, Deputy Commander of the Strategic Missile Forces Major General Sergey Poroskun has said. While the new weapon is still being tested, the existing military infrastructure – presumably underground silos – is being tweaked to accommodate the device, he added.
The new video shows the Avangard glider, fitted to a ballistic missile, being loaded into an underground silo. It sheds little light on the actual performance of the system, since the actual footage is followed by the same animation first shown to the public back in March. The device is advertised as capable of traveling at hypersonic speeds and withstanding extremely high temperatures during the final approach to its target. The system is said to retain maneuverability and can be controlled until the very moment it hits a target.

New-generation Sarmat ICBM
The newest Russian liquid-propelled intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), the RS-28 Sarmat (NATO reporting name SS-X-30 Satan-2) is set to replace the aging R-36 M2 Voevoda missile (NATO reporting name Satan). The Sarmat is designed to be able to carry any existing type of warhead and has virtually no range limit, delivering its payload anywhere on the planet across either the South or the North Pole. The missile has successfully passed the launch tests and now is readied for flight testing, the Defense Ministry has said.
The video demonstrates the missile in a transport container, as well as its loading into an underground silo, and briefly shows the moment when the bright checkered-coated missile leaves the silo. It also gives a sneak peek into the development process, showing fairings, engines and other parts of the missile in a military research facility.

Nuclear-powered weapons fleshing out
While the nuclear propulsion system for the cruise missile, dubbed 'Burevestnik' has been already successfully tested, its frame still needs some tweaking. As for now, the various components of the missile are receiving necessary improvements, one of the developers, Sergey Pertsev, has said. The missile, which is designed to have "unlimited range and unlimited ability to maneuver," undergoes additional ground tests and is expected to get into flight tests following the tweaks.
The new video on the 'Burevestnik' cruise missile, therefore, focuses entirely on the research and development process. It features several missiles in a workshop, some of them already placed into launch containers.

The "sister" project of 'Burevestnik', the 'Poseidon' drone submarine, which boasts the miniature nuclear propulsion system as well, is also shaping up. The new video shows a static test of the sub, which is basically an enormous nuclear-capable torpedo. Rudders of the large device and its propeller are moving while developers observe its performance. The most intriguing part of the drone submarine – its propeller – is blurred out.

The device is launched from a crewed submarine and travels to its target at high speeds deep underwater, which makes it nearly impossible to intercept, according to the Russian military.
"Unique characteristics of the 'Poseidon' system will help the Navy to successfully combat aircraft carrier and strike groups of a potential adversary in any oceanic theater of war and destroy shore infrastructure facilities," chief analyst of the General Staff, Admiral Igor Kasatonov, has said.
Combat laser system remains a mystery
The "combat laser system" Putin announced back in March gets to keep its title of the most mysterious one, since the new video again sheds little light on what exactly it's supposed to do.
The video features a military unit, operating at least two truck-mounted Peresvet systems, accompanied by several command and support vehicles. When deployed, the complex unfolds and exposes a cannon-like device, which is presumably the laser system.

The exact purpose of the complex is still kept secret. It might be a jamming system, which can "blind" the optical electronic equipment of enemy vehicles with a laser beam, since several prototypes of such systems have been developed by the Soviet Union.

Several projects of anti-aircraft and anti-satellite laser systems have also existed, yet none of them materialized. The "combat laser system" designation, however, does give off the sci-fi vibe of a futuristic device capable of burning holes in armor.
Subscribe to RT newsletter to get stories the mainstream media won’t tell you.

Last edited: