• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Our High Moral Leaders Dare to cut their pay to sacrifice for the nation?

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why our high moral leaders have frugal lifestyle, wear cheap casio watches but they refuse to cut their million dollars of pay?
some of them dont even have children and why do they need so much salary?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even if they do a token paycut as a PR stunt, does it matter? The squeezing dry of daft Sinkies will continue, most likely intensify. :cool:

A small, limited government is your only guarantee of liberty, security and prosperity. Kleptocrats do not want a small, limited government... I wonder why? :wink:

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
The basis of $m ministers was to attract the elite of the corporate world to take up politics without the loss of earnings in that transition....but wtf when most of the ministers were chobolan jiak liao bee paper generals who were untested in the dog eat dog corporate world ????

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you think this guy deserves millions dollar salary while our army boys have to sacrifice their most valuable years in NS ?
1669525209667.jpeg

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wear casio watch but demanding millions salary.
That is so hypocritical. Demand millions salary but cannot spend it and continue to wear casio. Why in the first place they demand millions salary ?
1669529314030.jpeg

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is so hypocritical. Demand millions salary but cannot spend it and continue to wear casio. Why in the first place they demand millions salary ?
View attachment 169660
Come on lah,u put $1 million in front of him,he surely take it.But first must pretend don't want,be humble,wear casio watch,cycle to work,.....etc

Singapore Dancing Spirit

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 169660

Satan confessed to me he cant help with the sinking of economy or recession in the world stage.?

I asked satan, why is he betraying SG government whom they put their trust in him. Both Lion and Dragon are celebrated in SG.

He remained silence as he could not answer me as i have already nailed him down.

KEY TRUTH

Dragon and lion were once united as one in the good old days but now Dragon and lion are divided. Their fight is who is greater??

Lion still supports SG but goes against China and that is the secret of higher covid cases there.

God’s silence is not satan’s approval. You will see this truth at the event as economy of the entire world is gonna collapse. We need to rebild the world economy from ground zero.

Last edited:

Envious

Alfrescian
Loyal

'Ministers are not paid enough', says Goh Chok Tong: reports​

11b21eb6833a0a96950be994ea030e08

Cut ministerial pay and the government will end up recruiting “very, very mediocre people” as office-holders, said Emeritus Senior Minister (ESM) Goh Chok Tong in a dialogue with South East District residents last Thursday (2 August).

“I am telling you the ministers are not paid enough, and down the road, we are going to get a problem with getting people to join the government, because civil servants now earn more than ministers,” said Goh. “Now we dare not pay ministers a good wage.”

“To any one of us here, $1 million is a lot of money. So where do you want to get your ministers from? From people who earn only $500,000 a year, whose capacity is $500,000 a year? So (when) I look for ministers, anybody who wants to be paid more than half a million, I won’t take him. You are going to end up with very very mediocre people, who can’t even earn a million dollars outside to be our minister. Think about that. Is it good for you, or is it worse for us in the end?”

The 77-year-old added that he had asked two potential candidates who were earning $5-10 million to stand in the 2015 General Election but they declined.

According to The Online Citizen (TOC) and The Straits Times, Goh was responding to a suggestion by Braddell Heights resident Abdul Aziz, 70, that ministerial salaries be cut to fund pensions for elderly people. A recording of the conversation was posted by social news site MustShareNews.com, and Goh’s staffers later provided TOC with a transcript of the exchange.

The former Prime Minister went on to cite the example of Senior Minister of State for Law and Health Edwin Tong, 48, who was a senior partner at law firm Allen and Gledhill when approached to take up his current position. Tong was earning more than $2 million annually as a senior counsel and now earns $500,000 per year, said Goh.

According to the ESM, “(Tong) said, at this stage of his life, he has got a house, he has got a mother-in-law to support, a father-in-law to support, his own parents and so on, what should he do?

“So I asked him, ‘Edwin, what are you in politics for?’ He said, ‘Here to serve.’ So I said, ‘Well, you know between $2 million and perhaps half a million, later on you hopefully become a full minister, $1 million, you have to decide which is more important.’

“He said, ‘Yes, I will take it on.’ And he felt very strongly that he could do the job.”

A controversial issue

The annual pay of political appointment-holders consists of five components: Monthly salary, 13th month bonus, Annual Variable Component (AVC) based on Singapore’s economic performance, performance bonus and a national bonus based on four socio-economic indicators.

The latter bonus can range from zero to six months, with good performers typically given three months.

Currently, the annual salary of an MR4 grade (entry level) minister stands at $1.1 million, while the Prime Minister earns $2.2 million. This is based on the assumption of an AVC of one month, good individual performance and the national bonus indicators being met.

In March, Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean told Parliament that the government would maintain ministerial salaries at their current level.

“The economy is going through a period of transition and the government has decided to watch the changing economic conditions and outlook further, rather than making any refinements now,” said the 63-year-old, who is also Minister-in-charge of the Civil Service.

In 2017, a committee formed by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong found that the existing salary framework remains “relevant and sound”. It did, however, recommended a pay rise of 9 per cent along with “fine-tuning of the national bonus conditions” to take into consideration changing economic conditions and national outlook, said Teo.

The recommended increase was to match the respective rise in the salary benchmark for an MR4-grade minister, which is currently set as the median income of the top 1,000 earners who are Singapore citizens.

The current total annual salary of an entry level Minister (i.e. MR4) is benchmarked to 60% of the median income of the top 1,000 earners who are Singapore Citizens.

In 2007, ministerial salaries were increased by some 60 per cent.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/ministers-not-paid-enough-says-goh-chok-tong-reports-043024792.html

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Chok Tong off course does not say the truth because beside being ministers, they also hold on to the jobs and assuming board of directors posts for many GLC linked companies/

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cut ministerial pay and the government will end up recruiting “very, very mediocre people” as office-holders, said Emeritus Senior Minister (ESM) Goh Chok Tong in a dialogue with South East District residents last Thursday (2 August).

Yes, and the current bunch are exceptional indeed. :rolleyes:

Genuinely hope this fake Marine Parader kicks the bucket before Mahathir. When he was PM, he was chauffeured from his Bukit Timah home to his workplace every morning. I saw him. :cool:

Singapore Dancing Spirit

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe Mr GCT lives in Eng Kong Gardens. Though i never been to his place, i used to live in Toh Tuck Road when he was a PM then. It was not too far from him.

Last edited:

Singapore Dancing Spirit

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, and the current bunch are exceptional indeed. :rolleyes:

Genuinely hope this fake Marine Parader kicks the bucket before Mahathir. When he was PM, he was chauffeured from his Bukit Timah home to his workplace every morning. I saw him. :cool:
He had some health concerns in 2020 but now he’s in the pink of health. I believe he is on early 90s though (actual age) but his legal age as per his records in SG says only 81.

Last edited:

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issue of million dollar salary for leaders will never go away, even for decades to come. Ultimately, the ROOT of the issue lays within PETTY emotions of the ordinary & average salary person.

The reasons & logic for such salaries are sound, in this despondent corrupted World we live in, but in the end, each working Human will COMPARE their own salaries to that of others, even to a receptionist whom earn just a few hundreds lesser to the clerk, & that MERE few hundreds will often cause displeasure, often based upon ASS U ME ed duties & responsibilities. WHY should one whom have presumably MORE responsibilities than a receptionist or the cleaning leading be earning just a few more hundreds instead of thousands or hundred of thousands more than them?

In the end, it lays within the Free Market System. Too high a salary - employees will baulk & instead of investing in the country - leaves. The Free Hand of the Market place determines how much one earns, be him/her a PM or a road sweeper. The Free Market also respects Free Will of Humanity - the door is always open for one to enter or leave.

However, the Free Market is regulated by leaders, more so in Singapore. It does take into considerations of many factors for SUSTAINABLE living of citizens, & had intervened in many situations as done by our great Founding Fathers & descendants in power in the 57 yrs of our independence as a Nation.

It is perfectly normal for anyone, even the famous Mr. Syed Putra, if he is a citizen, whom is only a GRAB deliveryman, to aspire to become a member of cabinet earning millions. He would welcome the adulations, awe, prestige, power, etc, that comes with the position. However, does he has ANY PROVEN abilities to lead a nation & cause it not to sink? Words are fun, but it is ACTIONS, successful ones, although NO mortal or leader is perfect & mistakes may be made but corrected, that matters to the Nation.

Some think that so called 'White Horses' - sons & daughters of PRIVILEDGED & ELITE families - will automatically fill positions of power. This is sadly far from the truth. The realities of them is that they are FAR more monitored than any other citizen the moment they enter college.

Every step, every decision they made, are scrutinized, & only invited into positions of power if they are found worthy to lead the nation - a legacy by our Founding Fathers whom were not nobles at birth but simple shopkeepers & tradesmen, had faced far worse situations in life - WW2, International politics, economic changes, etc & yet managed to steer our nation to thrive & prosper for most, if not all, thus their heavy perusal, which made our GDP grow from less than $100 billion in 1965 to $390++ Billion today, with an annual budget that aims to leaves no citizen -3 million+ of us behind, an achievement that NOT many other nations that gained independence, far larger population, resources & MORE opportunities, had capably achieved today.

Rather than to be filled with petty emotions, let us use our brains to find ways on how we citizens can each honestly prosper instead, based upon our own desires & limited capabilities, such as upgrading ourselves, etc with funds by kind taxpayers & legislated by elected leaders, to make ourselves RELEVANT to our World with improved skillsets where trade & employment & its evolution, is important for survival, & work WITHIN the system & the opportunities offered each had worked hard & sacrificed for the many, by our forefathers for decades & present generation since independence, to elevate our Nation's progress & evolution, for future & innocent generations of Singaporeans to come.

Last edited: