• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Our Gurkha

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
A few thermobaric bombs, 4 AH-64s, a cordon of GPMG and 0.5 HMG and some 120mm mortars (no need big guns) should be able to flatten Mount Vernon Complex. Like you said they are the best light infantrymen around, let's see whether they can survive an assault on them and their dependents.

Makes no sense, Cos the Milatary will not issue weapons to peasants to overthrow the government, Infact the Military will also be mobilize to slaughter the people.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Makes no sense, Cos the Milatary will not issue weapons to peasants to overthrow the government, Infact the Military will also be mobilize to slaughter the people.

Thats my strategy to flatten Mt Vernon should the Gurhkas rebel. But heres the likely scenario, in times of invasion or before it, the Gurkhas will be deployed at major key installations such as Bukom, checkpoints, jails, berths, terminals, airports and ministries. Some groups will also be assigned to our 'leaders' in the event of an evacuation from point A to berths where tugs and small boats will bring them out to the open seas where ships will be chartered to whisk them off to Perth.

You must be wondering why no air evacuation for our 'leaders'? Rapiers and Starburst batteries at Tanjung Pelapas and Pasir Gudang will be waiting to shoot down any aircraft that cannot make mach 3 or more at 21,000 feet from Changi/Paya Lebar/Seletar/Tengah :biggrin:

Last edited:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats my strategy to flatten Mt Vernon should the Gurhkas rebel. But heres the likely scenario, in times of invasion or before it, the Gurkhas will be deployed at major key installations such as Bukom, checkpoints, jails, berths, terminals, airports and ministries. Some groups will also be assigned to our 'leaders' in the event of an evacuation from point A to berths where tugs and small boats will bring them out to the open seas where ships will be chartered to whisk them off to Perth.

You must be wondering why no air evacuation for our 'leaders'? Rapiers and Starburst batteries at Tanjung Pelapas and Pasir Gudang will be waiting to shoot down any aircraft that cannot make mach 3 or more at 21,000 feet from Changi/Paya Lebar/Seletar/Tengah :biggrin:

Most Leaders will stay back and be with their people.. Ours will run away.. Anyways Taking note of LKY during ww2, Its pretty obvious he is a traitor who care not of others but only himself and his pocket.. Dirty old fart.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very true, that bit about them not being sprinters. I remember going for track and field meets as a secondary school kid; they typically won the middle and long distance races. Good memories, those days... :smile:

None excelled in swimming too. Boxing, soccer, they are superb coz of their fitness. Basketball and volleyball ok. Needless to say, tak boleh in golf. No $.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The reason for that is cos of the mountains that they grew up in that allowed them to have strong lungs. That was mentioned in some fighting show gurkhas vs french foreign legion.

Thanks for the added information on them. Their daily physical training further adds to their fitness. Many even jog on their off days or after office hours as if their already tough training not sufficient for them. Some even carry haversack to run along our public raods.

I once asked someone who has intimate knowledge of the Gurkhas and our commandos. He opined that the Gurkhas were fitter but lose out to our commandos when it comes to intelligence.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo

Its amazing at times how we take the Gurkhas from a tribal rural economy transplant to the 21st Century and at the end of twenty years or thirty expect them to go back to a rural subsistence life style. The British have acknowledged their debt to the Gurkhas by allowing them equivalent pensions and resettlement rights in Singapore. But at the end can they expect the same in Singapore ? They have lived and died and fought for honor and for Britian, perhaps at some point in time when we have the Gurkha Rifles then they to will be given the same rights but not before.

Locke

Gurkhas are professional soldiers and they take pride in their vocation. They operate with high honour. Mindless killing, shooting unarmed opponents are myths. They are not bandits. Their code of honour is so strict that they will ostracise their own for dishonourable conduct and that includes cowardice. The people who lead them share the same.

Bruce Niven lives a Spartan life and give away his money liberally to build schools, stock them with books in villages in Nepal. A man like that won't be leading bandits and the Gurkhas have not brought shame in any of the armies that they fought with. They also have garnered the most VCs on a per capita basis. The Victoria Cross is not given out for thuggery. Outside their duties hours, they are no different to any other person. They land in trouble for fighting, for being drunk and for silly things.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe we got a couple of stealth plane for evac.:biggrin: and a couple of fighter jets as meat shields:p

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my personal opinion,I think they cannot be publicly part of mindef as this meant acknowledging the use of mercenaries for national defence...but given their special training they will definitely call upon to defend the country if needed as elite forces. The British were impressed by their bravery and loyalty as they were not brought over by the Japanese persuasion for anti-Britsh Indian National Army in ww2. The anti-Japanese Chinese resistance like Force 136 were also extremely impressed by the Gurkhas fighting skills which even the fearsome Japanese couldn't match. They would hide in the trees n with a Nepali war cry sliced off the heads of Japanese soldiers with their Kukri..even today many elderly Msian Chinese villagers still recalled the heroic bravery of the Gurkhas who fought the Japanese n later the communists.

In Singapore,they are remembered for fighting against Indonesian military sabotuers during Confrontasi in 1950. The Indonesians were said to possessed black magic powers n some recalled them as orang minyak which always slipped past captured. The Gurkhas were the ones who caught these Indonesian n 6 were sentenced to hanging. The Gurkhas were also the ones enforcing curfew during the anti-Christians/dutch Maria Hertoge Riots. They were again on duty during communist inspired riots as well Chinese-malays riots in 1964.The Chinese villagers then thought the Gurkhas were a disciplined and impartial as the Spore police then were almost all Malaysian Malays. Again the Gurkhas prove them right and were impartial. During the Falkland Wars in 1982, the Argentina army were decimated by Gurkhas n many fled at the sights of these 'Asian' soldiers. Today,the Indian Army field them in sensitive areas such as the Sino Indian borders.

LKY mentioned in his autobiography if i REM rightly that his family were protected by Gurkhas during the tumultuos period. The Brunei Sultan too has Gurkhas guards. In Afghanistan n Iraq today,they were still employed as guards in sensitive n dangerous installations. The Gurkhas has earned their reputation as fearsome soldiers in history and it is not an exaggeration.

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A few thermobaric bombs, 4 AH-64s, a cordon of GPMG and 0.5 HMG and some 120mm mortars (no need big guns) should be able to flatten Mount Vernon Complex. Like you said they are the best light infantrymen around, let's see whether they can survive an assault on them and their dependents.

no need thermobaric bombs or apache lah. Just one battery of 120mm mortar, a company worth of 40/50 Bionix/Ultra, another company of 25mm bionix plus an assortment of M2 0.5 Browning surrounding the complex, of course with riflemen for local protection will be enough. force them to put down their arms or risk their dependents being fire on.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
no need thermobaric bombs or apache lah. Just one battery of 120mm mortar, a company worth of 40/50 Bionix/Ultra, another company of 25mm bionix plus an assortment of M2 0.5 Browning surrounding the complex, of course with riflemen for local protection will be enough. force them to put down their arms or risk their dependents being fire on.

hehe you put too much faith on our locally built machines of war, it would be hard pressed to use them in battle.

Btw, bionix no Ultra configuration, that would be the venerable M113 :p

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
mr SU30MMK,

the gurkhas are good, but i repeat again, they are not supermen. They are brave and loyal to the flag they are fighting for but they too suffer defeat like everybody else. During the malayan invasion, there were gurkhas troops station in malayan yet in the end IJA also win despite being outnumber 3-1 by the allies defense forces.

As for the falkland wars, the bulk of the fighting were done by the Marine Commandos while the gurkhas were held in reserve. By the time the gurkhas landed, the conscript argentinian forces already raised the white flag.

Brunei Sultan now hired gurkhas as personal army because he suffered a coup in 82, it the UK led gurkhas who protect him and crush the rebellion.

i dont denied them as fearsome soldiers but they can be defeated as long the opponents use their brain. the fact i dont like them here is because their presence mean that all these years of nationhood building, the govt still dont trust its citizens of doing their duty. If govt cannot trust it citizens and assume all will make decision on racial line, then NS should be abolish and just hire merceneries can liao. Some more cheaper than pamper spore son. I dont like the fact malays are excluded out of many vocations in saf because govt dont trust them. u in tengah rite so u know what i meant. i served in a vocation that is 99% chinese and have the most racist minded regular NCOs in saf. So much for racial harmony....

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i meant either bionix or ultra. i from armour lah, i know the difference between the two vehicles.

local built they maybe, i only want them as gun platform, not as assault vehicles. why give up the advantage of superior range and closed in against the best sluggers in the world? i maybe dumb but i not stupid enough to be within eyeball range of a gurkhas.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i meant either bionix or ultra. i from armour lah, i know the difference between the two vehicles.

local built they maybe, i only want them as gun platform, not as assault vehicles. why give up the advantage of superior range and closed in against the best sluggers in the world? i maybe dumb but i not stupid enough to be within eyeball range of a gurkhas.

Fair enough, Murphy law states that if you can see your enemy, he can see you too. Despite how crappy they are, the inherent advantages of it being a small arms shield with a heavy weapon on top is still useful

Fire support from the air though would give a much much more superior advantage when dealing with both lightly armed or heavily armed opponents.

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fire support from the air though would give a much much more superior advantage when dealing with both lightly armed or heavily armed opponents.

air support mean regulars. u think regulars aka pap doggies will support u taking down one of the support popping up the leegime?

i have more faith with my fellow reservists than count on saf regulars.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Scroo

Its amazing at times how we take the Gurkhas from a tribal rural economy transplant to the 21st Century and at the end of twenty years or thirty expect them to go back to a rural subsistence life style. The British have acknowledged their debt to the Gurkhas by allowing them equivalent pensions and resettlement rights in Singapore. But at the end can they expect the same in Singapore ? They have lived and died and fought for honor and for Britian, perhaps at some point in time when we have the Gurkha Rifles then they to will be given the same rights but not before.

Locke

dont give UK too much credit, it only after many years of campagins from former gurkhas commanders and supporters that UK govt revises the gurkhas persion and rights in resettlement in the recents years.

As for local gurkhas contigent no happy with current spore govt scheme, they are take a flying fuck at a rolling donut for all i care. if they were no recruited by SPF, they will have to remain on the wind swept mountains of nepal trying to ike out a living. Now they are here, spore govt house them, feed them, train them and allow them bring dependents after returning from their first leave back to nepal to find wife. That the type of contract they sign on then they would have to honour it. KNN, local civil servants after 30 years also no pension and have to live on saving on rising cost of living, so who pity the locals? B4 helping oversea ppl, first help locals. local ppl also cannot help yet want to kapoh foreigners affairs for what.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dont denied them as fearsome soldiers but they can be defeated as long the opponents use their brain. the fact i dont like them here is because their presence mean that all these years of nationhood building, the govt still dont trust its citizens of doing their duty. If govt cannot trust it citizens and assume all will make decision on racial line, then NS should be abolish and just hire merceneries can liao. Some more cheaper than pamper spore son. I dont like the fact malays are excluded out of many vocations in saf because govt dont trust them. u in tengah rite so u know what i meant. i served in a vocation that is 99% chinese and have the most racist minded regular NCOs in saf. So much for racial harmony....

Racism goes both ways. The malays also damn racist to chinese. At least in sg they don't have special laws to help any one race right now i suppose. Unlike mudland where they are the majority and still need laws to help the majority. WTF is this?

What pisses me off is that when racism is mentioned it's always the chinese that are the perps of racism and the victims always have to be non chinese.

tima81

Alfrescian
Loyal
One Gurkha attached to the Brit army killed 20+ Talibans singlehandedly. Never mess with them.

The Gurkhas are good. Went jungle bashing in a training once, they are tough

tima81

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once Armour, Always Armour?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Racism goes both ways. The malays also damn racist to chinese. At least in sg they don't have special laws to help any one race right now i suppose. Unlike mudland where they are the majority and still need laws to help the majority. WTF is this?

What pisses me off is that when racism is mentioned it's always the chinese that are the perps of racism and the victims always have to be non chinese.

Racism in the institutional sense is always ascribed to the majority race or the race in power. So in Singapore, the Chinese are racist. In Malaysia, the bumiputra policy can be deemed racist. In South Africa under apartheid, even though the whites were the minority, they were the ones wielding power, so perpetrators of racism there must be white.

It's meaningless to talk about black racism in the US or Malay racism in Singapore or Paki racism in the UK.