• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Orchard Road is under threat! Say Bye Bye to traditional retailing!

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amazon or not, it's all over for overpriced, greed based businesses like orchard road….its turned into one big try-on booth…try on what you want, take photo, then go home and buy online 40% cheaper. Rinse and repeat.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Amazaon is already in Spore.

You can order things directly & they will deliver directly to your door step. If your order totals US$135 plus, shipment may be free. It depends on the size & weight of the merchandise.

There are certain brands you cannot order from the US but it is due to distribution agreements. With more stores closing in Spore the owners of these brands may change their policies & allow Amazon to sell directly to customers in Asia.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Amazaon is already in Spore.

You can order things directly & they will deliver directly to your door step. If your order totals US$135 plus, shipment may be free. It depends on the size & weight of the merchandise.

There are certain brands you cannot order from the US but it is due to distribution agreements. With more stores closing in Spore the owners of these brands may change their policies & allow Amazon to sell directly to customers in Asia.

the problem with amazon is 80 percent of the stuff i want to buy does not ship to singapore,portable air con,aiwa bluetooth speakers,dry freeze goods,balms,lotions,soaps and lubricants,household appliances,air purifiers.......singapore may be a shipping hub but it seems to be a desert when u want to buy something online.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thank you bro Johnny. I am very happy to read the above portion.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do they sell Purple Haze , Sour Diesel , Hawaiian Snow , White Widow or Girl Scout Cookies in amazon.com ?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the problem with amazon is 80 percent of the stuff i want to buy does not ship to singapore,portable air con,aiwa bluetooth speakers,dry freeze goods,balms,lotions,soaps and lubricants,household appliances,air purifiers.......singapore may be a shipping hub but it seems to be a desert when u want to buy something online.

Liquids, things containing lithium face shipping restrictions & amazon is not willing to take the extra trouble to ship to Spore. Wanted to buy a Dyson vacuum cleaner from Amazon but it had lithium batteries in it, so it was not possible. Finally got it from eBay & the merchant there took the trouble to specially wrap it to satisfy the shipping company.

Many of the companies have signed distribution deals which forbid sales outside of the US. With the poor economy & the internet, some companies are changing their attitudes towards oversease sales. I notice that Patagonia is now selling directly to Spore, in fact they have reduced their shipping cost from US$50 to US$40 :smile:

With so many brick & mortar stores having problems in Spore I expect more brands to start selling directly to the customers in Sporeans. The ASEAN & Chinese market is too large for the americans to ignore & that is why Amazon, Macys, Target, .. are starting to do overseas sales.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can I say less Pinoys also-as Orchard area seems to be their preferred working area.
Sometimes when I'm in Orchard, I wonder if I'm in Makati or Shoemart.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are wrong. Amazon buy and keep the stocks in their warehouse if u buy those "shipped and sold" by amazon

got it. I am new to Amazon. I once bought some books from a USA seller. made an enquiry to Amazon about the shipping costs. they told me to discuss direct with the seller, not with them. :o

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
got it. I am new to Amazon. I once bought some books from a USA seller. made an enquiry to Amazon about the shipping costs. they told me to discuss direct with the seller, not with them. :o

I try to get the items that are sold & stocked by Amazon because these are the items that are covered by the free shipping to Spore.

Unfortunately not all items can be sold overseas. Heavy & bulky items are also excluded. The problem is that there is no way to determine if an item is excluded from FREE shipping because of weight & size.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I try to get the items that are sold & stocked by Amazon because these are the items that are covered by the free shipping to Spore.

Unfortunately not all items can be sold overseas. Heavy & bulky items are also excluded. The problem is that there is no way to determine if an item is excluded from FREE shipping because of weight & size.

can use a 3rd party forwarder courier company to get items not sold overseas ?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can use a 3rd party forwarder courier company to get items not sold overseas ?

I was using borderlinx i.e. they are related to DHL

Be careful when using 3rd forwarders because they are very strict about what can be shipped e.g. items containing batteries, petroleum products like perfume,...
My order with a small can of 6 in 1 oil had to be disposed off before they would ship to Spore. They also asked about the wireless keyboard which had a battery. Fortunately they OKed it.

Now when I want to order anything with a battery in it, I will use ebay because the merchant will be the one to take care of the shipping details.