• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Options fast running out for minibond investors

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to the CNA report above, Lehman brother minibond investors will know their options at the end of the month: one, whether restructuring of their investments is still a viable route or two, if they will be liquidated.

Neither option will be deemed acceptable to investors who are still harboring hopes of reclaiming the bulk of their failed investments which appears increasingly remote as the days go by.

While Hong Kong’s Legislative Council are preparing to vote on a resolution invoking special powers to probe the Lehman Brothers saga, the Singapore government have urged its minibond investors to settle their claims individually with the financial institutions.

What are the options left for Singapore’s investors ?

Read full article here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/11/13/options-fast-running-out-for-singapores-minibond-investors/

locky2ky

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to the CNA report above, Lehman brother minibond investors will know their options at the end of the month: one, whether restructuring of their investments is still a viable route or two, if they will be liquidated.

Neither option will be deemed acceptable to investors who are still harboring hopes of reclaiming the bulk of their failed investments which appears increasingly remote as the days go by.

While Hong Kong’s Legislative Council are preparing to vote on a resolution invoking special powers to probe the Lehman Brothers saga, the Singapore government have urged its minibond investors to settle their claims individually with the financial institutions.

Read full article here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/11/13/options-fast-running-out-for-singapores-minibond-investors/

since when do singaporeans ever have any real options?

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, for only like 5% yield ????

Even stocks which promise 500% gain don't become worthless overnight.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As long as there's no accountability, its a case of "go and f*** yourself" attitude by the PAP.

There are those pro-PAP who claim Spore is so great & we should trust the PAP :biggrin:

They never consider the actual costs:eek:

Lost of CPF. Which other country pays only 2%, when times were good you could get 6% interest from banks in other countries. I know few people who are living on CPF, maybe its because can only touch when you're almost dead.

Cost of transport, public or otherwise. State control utilities$$$. GST on food & medicine,...... Now they find out there's no regulatory protection from GLCs.

I don't feel sorry for these people. They got the gov't they deserve. As the PAP claims in business you have risks & 66.6% voted for a business & not a gov't. :rolleyes:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are those pro-PAP who claim Spore is so great & we should trust the PAP :biggrin:

They never consider the actual costs:eek:

Lost of CPF. Which other country pays only 2%, when times were good you could get 6% interest from banks in other countries. I know few people who are living on CPF, maybe its because can only touch when you're almost dead.

Cost of transport, public or otherwise. State control utilities$$$. GST on food & medicine,...... Now they find out there's no regulatory protection from GLCs.

I don't feel sorry for these people. They got the gov't they deserve. As the PAP claims in business you have risks & 66.6% voted for a business & not a gov't. :rolleyes:

Pretty much so. It gives me a lot of displeasure. That's why I will go back for vacations, pretty much only that. Otherwise, I'd rather be back in Australia.

The PAP is nothing much once you're overseas and seen a lot more.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's why I will go back for vacations, pretty much only that. Otherwise, I'd rather be back in Australia.

Should save your money & stay in Aust or vacation somewhere else. You won't be missing anything, same old PAP .

Australia is a big place, go explore your own backyard. Being a student will be the best time of your life, got time, got energy, got excitement. Don't waste it in Spore. :rolleyes:

eugene_chan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Read full article here:

good job DBS. Those How Lian fellas bank with DBS Treasures thats why kenna

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should save your money & stay in Aust or vacation somewhere else. You won't be missing anything, same old PAP .

Australia is a big place, go explore your own backyard. Being a student will be the best time of your life, got time, got energy, got excitement. Don't waste it in Spore. :rolleyes:

I have made a promise to return to Singapore. I won't break a gentleman's promise- plus Perth's summer temperature can be terribly high.

But I won't speculate beyond the upcoming summer vacation here.