• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Opposition wasting time with Malaysia opposition

Wisely

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.yoursdp.org/index.php/ne...gapore-democrats-meet-anwar-ibrahims-daughter

First it was WP sending some members to meet Malaysia Chinese based DAP (PAP's poorer cousin) don't-know-for-what. Then the SDP, as if trying to play "catch up" by meeting PKR members (helmed by Anwar), even asked for "better cooperation between the two parties". What is there for better cooperation when we're not one same country and the situation is so different?

Opposition should not forget that it is Singaporeans they need to appeal to not Malaysia or its opposition.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.yoursdp.org/index.php/ne...gapore-democrats-meet-anwar-ibrahims-daughter

First it was WP sending some members to meet Malaysia Chinese based DAP (PAP's poorer cousin) don't-know-for-what. Then the SDP, as if trying to play "catch up" by meeting PKR members (helmed by Anwar), even asked for "better cooperation between the two parties". What is there for better cooperation when we're not one same country and the situation is so different?

Opposition should not forget that it is Singaporeans they need to appeal to not Malaysia or its opposition.

NSP going to meet PAS?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think it will be good. Hopefully she will tell them how to connect with the voters and why voters are important in a political struggle.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it will be good. Hopefully she will tell them how to connect with the voters and why voters are important in a political struggle.

After soooo many years now then want to learn how to connect with the voters?? Previously who did they want to connect with? Monkeys?

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Wisely

There are lessons to learnt by all, and these lessons involve all sides giving up long held assumptions and prejudices. I hope that the leadership of all political parties take away " all" ideas not just those that agree with their assumptions

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
After soooo many years now then want to learn how to connect with the voters?? Previously who did they want to connect with? Monkeys?
You are probably right as most parties have this view that voters will come around when the elections begin. Its like serving ice cream on a cold winters day and I bet you moneys will grab it.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

I believe there is nothing wrong when political parties from different countries visited each other and share views and opinions.

however, to ask for cooperation between the parties of different countries is a very very far fetched as politics r different and interest are different as well.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are there,to learn and swap ideas.
they want to learn,why over at Malaysia,the opposition can survive and growing strong.
who knows what is their actual agenda ???
maybe they make some pacts.

Wisely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Wisely

There are lessons to learnt by all, and these lessons involve all sides giving up long held assumptions and prejudices. I hope that the leadership of all political parties take away " all" ideas not just those that agree with their assumptions

Locke

What if these long held asumptions and prejudice actually work - but a later date? Don't forget what's good for the goose may not be good for the gander. That's the problem when you try to copy from another country wholesale.

Wisely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe there is nothing wrong when political parties from different countries visited each other and share views and opinions.

however, to ask for cooperation between the parties of different countries is a very very far fetched as politics r different and interest are different as well.

On second thoughts you may be right. Share view and opinions, fine with that. Cooperation???? Typical of SDP's far fetched techniques.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you.

I do not know what WP can learn from DAP when LOW Thia Kiang has publicly rebuked Dr Chee who is essentially using the methods employed by DAP as a "mad dog".

Are the WP members make the trip "mad dogs" too ?

If only they are mad, the truth is, there are merely HYPOCRITES lap dogs.

LOL

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Wise

A Fool is someone who does the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result. I believe that there is much to draw from Malaysia, other however seem more inclined to believe that the lessons only apply to one angle or one prism of politics. That is the DAP is equals to the SDP but looking at the similarities from a very biased perspective.

Locke

Wisely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you.

I do not know what WP can learn from DAP when LOW Thia Kiang has publicly rebuked Dr Chee who is essentially using the methods employed by DAP as a "mad dog".

Are the WP members make the trip "mad dogs" too ?

If only they are mad, the truth is, there are merely HYPOCRITES lap dogs.

LOL

Please don't turn my post out of context. I said it's a waste of time to forge any cooperation with Malaysia opposition. From my impression DAP is bloody different from SDP. DAP tries to win the people over. SDP, I don't know what they are doing or saying most of the time.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
On second thoughts you may be right. Share view and opinions, fine with that. Cooperation???? Typical of SDP's far fetched techniques.

I do not see any "room" for cooperation between the oppsotion parties of singapore and malaysia. learning from each other, exchanging of ideas of opinions if of the norm. but unless anyone can point out how opppsotion parties can "cooperate" with each other, i cant find any room or reasons for that.

I m very much aware of both WP and SDP visit up north. in fact the SDP visit happened after it was learnt of WP's visit. ( the timing is way too obvious) I m also aware that the WP visit was non-official as well as its a personal learning trip among some members and nothing more. as for the SDP visit, seems more official and has a set agenda which im sure some forummers here will pour scorms into what i m saying here.

what do we have to learn from the oppsotion in malaysia? alot to learn. the timing, the method and how things can be done. but again, its a learning process of which it doesnt meant that the methods can be applied in singapore as the political and social landscape is too different to recouncile any similarity. unfortunatly, some r too blind to see that and want a "cooperation" to take place. this i m sure will turn out fruitless.

I for one will never support "cooperation" with any extenal force to gain strength in local politics. that to me is pure treasone.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please don't turn my post out of context. I said it's a waste of time to forge any cooperation with Malaysia opposition. From my impression DAP is bloody different from SDP. DAP tries to win the people over. SDP, I don't know what they are doing or saying most of the time.

get use to it. this fellow is trying to make WP or NSP look bad but ignore what SDP is doing.

he is doing that here again.

so i guess u could see his intentions here. he aint here to discuss, more to twist things around for his own sake.

Wisely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not see any "room" for cooperation between the oppsotion parties of singapore and malaysia. learning from each other, exchanging of ideas of opinions if of the norm. but unless anyone can point out how opppsotion parties can "cooperate" with each other, i cant find any room or reasons for that.

I m very much aware of both WP and SDP visit up north. in fact the SDP visit happened after it was learnt of WP's visit. ( the timing is way too obvious) I m also aware that the WP visit was non-official as well as its a personal learning trip among some members and nothing more. as for the SDP visit, seems more official and has a set agenda which im sure some forummers here will pour scorms into what i m saying here.

what do we have to learn from the oppsotion in malaysia? alot to learn. the timing, the method and how things can be done. but again, its a learning process of which it doesnt meant that the methods can be applied in singapore as the political and social landscape is too different to recouncile any similarity. unfortunatly, some r too blind to see that and want a "cooperation" to take place. this i m sure will turn out fruitless.

I for one will never support "cooperation" with any extenal force to gain strength in local politics. that to me is pure treasone.

That's not really accurate. SDP held meetings with PKR here. They didn't visit them overseas like WP. But I agree that cooperation is crap. If PKR or DAP tries to run down the Singapore govt I will be first to run them down.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
DAP employed the same methods as SDP such as civil activism, protests and marches, an example being the latest anti-ISD protest in Penang and KL. Since WP disvowed such forms of activism, what has those WP members go to learn from DAP ? It's another attention-seeking gimmick lah, in case you don't know, they made a similar trip in March too during their GE to support DAP. Yaw Shin Leong, the PAP supporter, made over 5 trips to Perak to learn from them !

What a joke WP has become.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's not really accurate. SDP held meetings with PKR here. They didn't visit them overseas like WP. But I agree that cooperation is crap. If PKR or DAP tries to run down the Singapore govt I will be first to run them down.

u can count me in for that.

Wisely

Alfrescian
Loyal
DAP employed the same methods as SDP such as civil activism, protests and marches, an example being the latest anti-ISD protest in Penang and KL. Since WP disvowed such forms of activism, what has those WP members go to learn from DAP ? It's another attention-seeking gimmick lah, in case you don't know, they made a similar trip in March too during their GE to support DAP. Yaw Shin Leong, the PAP supporter, made over 5 trips to Perak to learn from them !

What a joke WP has become.

The difference is between PAP and BN, stupid. You use the same tactics in different countries, you are just waiting to be screwed.

People here all know DAP came from PAP.