• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Oppie Low Admits That He Was Irresponsible! Getting Ready To Pay Back $33M To Aljunied Voters! Return Us Our Bloodsweat Money!

meepokboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
if WP cannot be honest and open when running a town council, how can we expect them to be fair and square in running a state in the future?

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro BNB .. you are type of people who use actions to do good works rather than daily ranting, whining & yes talk is cheap.

You had proven to those malicious foreign talents by defeating them to keep your job :biggrin:

Yes bro ... you had showed that sinkie are no pushovers :smile:

It is not a simple task being in political opposition in Sinkieland. Many who had done so over the years have fallen out of the political scene. Those who had survived have shown a strength of character that has not gone unnoticed.

Aljunied GRC is a beacon for a better future in Sinkieland. I am sure that the 30.1% would want to protect it :roflmao:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Davinder Singh does it again! First JBJ, now the top 3 WP leaders! Sylvia Lim admits that she has not shown respect to the court and that she breached her duty. She is so going to jail!!!!! PAP! PAP! PAP!

workers--party-s-sylvia-lim-at-supreme-court.jpg

SINGAPORE: Following a half-hour impasse that saw Senior Counsel Davinder Singh ask for “respect” to be shown to the court, Workers’ Party chairman Sylvia Lim on Monday (Oct 22) acknowledged that she and fellow elected Members of Parliament (MPs) for Aljunied-Hougang Town Council (AHTC) had breached their duties by not disclosing the cost of a new managing agent to other town councillors.

Ms Lim, Low Thia Khiang, Pritam Singh and other town councillors are embroiled in a civil lawsuit over millions of dollars of “improper” payments that were allegedly made to new managing agent FM Services and Solutions (FMSS).

They are being sued by AHTC as well as Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Council (PRPTC) for alleged breaches of fiduciary duty in the appointment of FMSS.

Mr Singh, the lawyer for PRPTC, had earlier on Monday already subjected Ms Lim to a bruising interrogation.

He resumed his cross-examination in the afternoon by noting that the former AHTC chair had not reproduced for the rest of the town council the rates charged by FMSS, despite it being the same as those of the outgoing managing agent, CPG Facilities Management.

“This is the most important contract of the town council,” said Mr Singh. “When you waive a tender, you don’t have the advantage of competitive rates - so all the more reason to know what the rates are going to be. So why didn’t you tell the rest of the town council what the rates were going to be?”

Ms Lim said there was “nothing sinister” in play and that the “key thing” was FMSS committing to taking over at CPG’s prevailing rates. She acknowledged she should have reproduced the rates, but also said it was an inadvertent omission not done with any deliberate intent.

“Do you agree it’s the duty of the chairman and others who knew the rates to disclose them to other town councillors, so they would know the rates before deciding?” Mr Singh asked.

Ms Lim agreed.

“Do you agree that duty was breached by you and other elected members?” Mr Singh added.

“In the sense that I should have included rates in my report, I agree,” Ms Lim replied. But she refused - initially - to agree the same of the other elected members, reiterating that “they had delegated the responsibility of the presentation” to her.

“Well, that’s very big of you, but you agree with me that they too were under a duty,” Mr Singh fired back.

“Answer my question … Ms Lim, we are waiting for an answer,” he pressed, in a refrain that would be repeated over the next 30 minutes.

“I don’t think it’s fair for me to answer the question,” said Ms Lim.

To which Mr Singh said: “If it wasn’t fair, there would be an objection and His Honour would have stopped me. It’s not for you to decide whether it’s fair.”

But Ms Lim would only say: “They didn’t disclose the rates.”

Said Mr Singh: “You agree they had a duty to disclose rates. You agree they did not disclose the rates. If someone has a duty to do something and he doesn’t do it, it follows the duty has not been complied with.”

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...es-workers-party-mps-breached-duties-10852690

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Davinder Singh does it again! First JBJ, now the top 3 WP leaders! Sylvia Lim admits that she has not shown respect to the court and that she breached her duty. She is so going to jail!!!!! PAP! PAP! PAP!

workers--party-s-sylvia-lim-at-supreme-court.jpg

SINGAPORE: Following a half-hour impasse that saw Senior Counsel Davinder Singh ask for “respect” to be shown to the court, Workers’ Party chairman Sylvia Lim on Monday (Oct 22) acknowledged that she and fellow elected Members of Parliament (MPs) for Aljunied-Hougang Town Council (AHTC) had breached their duties by not disclosing the cost of a new managing agent to other town councillors.

Ms Lim, Low Thia Khiang, Pritam Singh and other town councillors are embroiled in a civil lawsuit over millions of dollars of “improper” payments that were allegedly made to new managing agent FM Services and Solutions (FMSS).

They are being sued by AHTC as well as Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Council (PRPTC) for alleged breaches of fiduciary duty in the appointment of FMSS.

Mr Singh, the lawyer for PRPTC, had earlier on Monday already subjected Ms Lim to a bruising interrogation.

He resumed his cross-examination in the afternoon by noting that the former AHTC chair had not reproduced for the rest of the town council the rates charged by FMSS, despite it being the same as those of the outgoing managing agent, CPG Facilities Management.

“This is the most important contract of the town council,” said Mr Singh. “When you waive a tender, you don’t have the advantage of competitive rates - so all the more reason to know what the rates are going to be. So why didn’t you tell the rest of the town council what the rates were going to be?”

Ms Lim said there was “nothing sinister” in play and that the “key thing” was FMSS committing to taking over at CPG’s prevailing rates. She acknowledged she should have reproduced the rates, but also said it was an inadvertent omission not done with any deliberate intent.

“Do you agree it’s the duty of the chairman and others who knew the rates to disclose them to other town councillors, so they would know the rates before deciding?” Mr Singh asked.

Ms Lim agreed.

“Do you agree that duty was breached by you and other elected members?” Mr Singh added.

“In the sense that I should have included rates in my report, I agree,” Ms Lim replied. But she refused - initially - to agree the same of the other elected members, reiterating that “they had delegated the responsibility of the presentation” to her.

“Well, that’s very big of you, but you agree with me that they too were under a duty,” Mr Singh fired back.

“Answer my question … Ms Lim, we are waiting for an answer,” he pressed, in a refrain that would be repeated over the next 30 minutes.

“I don’t think it’s fair for me to answer the question,” said Ms Lim.

To which Mr Singh said: “If it wasn’t fair, there would be an objection and His Honour would have stopped me. It’s not for you to decide whether it’s fair.”

But Ms Lim would only say: “They didn’t disclose the rates.”

Said Mr Singh: “You agree they had a duty to disclose rates. You agree they did not disclose the rates. If someone has a duty to do something and he doesn’t do it, it follows the duty has not been complied with.”

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...es-workers-party-mps-breached-duties-10852690
Actually where is the defence in this trial? National good at twisting words but still no news in wat the defence is doing. Are the defence lawyers doing nothing like their customers the WP?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually where is the defence in this trial? National good at twisting words but still no news in wat the defence is doing. Are the defence lawyers doing nothing like their customers the WP?

The oppie defence was so bad that it was not worth printing, lest they be embarrassed further. WP Oppies should be grateful to ST for trying to minimize their embarrassment already.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
The oppie defence was so bad that it was not worth printing, lest they be embarrassed further. WP Oppies should be grateful to ST for trying to minimize their embarrassment already.
Wat happens if WP looses this lawsuit? Will they loose their seats ? Will a by erection be called for aljunied?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Baloney. Shit Times is mandated to tarnish the opposition and make pro-government entities shine.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Even the judge is afraid of this bayi. Bayi tells judge what to do. How can anyone win a trial against the government?

Low or Lim should blow themselves up and make sure bayi is sent to hell. Only then sinkees will honour them.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

Even the judge is afraid of this bayi. Bayi tells judge what to do. How can anyone win a trial against the government?

Low or Lim should blow themselves up and make sure bayi is sent to hell. Only then sinkees will honour them.
Where is WP defence team?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The bayi is making mischiefs. Lim should have given it back to him.
Why is revealing the rate important when there is NO change in the rate? Bayi starts to cook up his conspiracy theory. Lim should have hit him back on that. That's the problem with WP ....don't dare to fight back.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

The bayi is making mischiefs. Lim should have given it back to him.
Why is revealing the rate important when there is NO change in the rate? Bayi starts to cook up his conspiracy theory. Lim should have hit him back on that. That's the problem with WP ....don't dare to fight back.
Tat is why I hope WP looses the next erection...give the other oppos a chance

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bayi is very good making up stories. In the opening day of trial, Low asked for a translator and Bayi went full rage mode, ranting about a conspiracy by Low to use delay tactics etc etc etc etc etc...

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bayi is very good making up stories. In the opening day of trial, Low asked for a translator and Bayi went full rage mode, ranting about a conspiracy by Low to use delay tactics etc etc etc etc etc...

Is it? Old ginger still the most spicy! When Bayi loses the use of his best weapon, he cannot trap Low to making self harming admissions. He can always blame the translator. Teehee! :sneaky:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Read between the lines ....the bold phrase implied that bayi was grasping for straws to score a point.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Singh said “When you waive a tender, you don’t have the advantage of competitive rates "

The WP in their defence should focus on this point. I hope the WP lawyers are of substance. Maybe they should bring in a Queens Counsel to fight the bayi.