• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Oops, Temasek did it again

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Temasek walked into market minefield last quarter with new bets on Chinese education stocks, Didi Global before July slump​

• Singapore’s state investment arm initiated four new positions in Chinese companies, mainly education stocks, plus a stake in Baidu and Didi Global
  • These companies suffered among the fiercest sell-offs this year in July when China began probing data security breaches at Didi Global

Published: 11:25am, 17 Aug, 2021

Temasek Holdings walked into a
stock market
minefield in China last quarter by putting more money into several Chinese education and tech-platform stocks and disclosing a big stake in ride-hailing firm Didi Global, before they sank in July amid a regulatory storm.

The Singapore state investment arm initiated four new positions in the depositary shares of Chinese companies – 17 Education & Technology, Baidu, Kanzhun and New Oriental Education Technology – during the three months to June 30, according to its
13F filing
with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) late on Monday. It disclosed a US$466 million stake in ride-hailing firm Didi Global following its New York listing in June.

These companies suffered among the fiercest sell-offs this year in July when the Cyberspace Administration of China began probing data security breaches at Didi Global within hours of its NY listing on June 30. Education firms also slumped in July, after the Chinese government widened its scrutiny and slammed for-profit after-school tutoring businesses, sending stocks in the sector into a nosedive.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think in this case, the blame cannot be fully placed on Temasek because nobody could have anticipated the severe crackdown on these companies by their own fucking Chinese regulators.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It’s normal for investment to gain and lose. On average TH makes return. HC gold finger is not for stocks it’s for something else. Hence LHL always have a happy look.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Things will get worse in Tiongcock... far far worse.

For those who still believe Tiongcock is still filled with 'opportunities', a land flowing with milk and honey where you can easily huat... those good old days are long gone and won't be coming back. There will be no 'China century'.

Get out while you can, or else start planning how you will commit suicide. :cool:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I think in this case, the blame cannot be fully placed on Temasek because nobody could have anticipated the severe crackdown on these companies by their own fucking Chinese regulators.
I agree, but she is not called jinx for nothing. Whatever she touches will turn to shit. I swear!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tiong regulators are similar to Sinkie regulators, they answer to the Party. Party tells them to do (or not do) something, they will follow the decree.

This kind of 'regulator' is the proverbial fox guarding the chicken coop... good luck to the twits who still believe in the 'regulation'. :roflmao:

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Things will get worse in Tiongcock... far far worse.

For those who still believe Tiongcock is still filled with 'opportunities', a land flowing with milk and honey where you can easily huat... those good old days are long gone and won't be coming back. There will be no 'China century'.

Get out while you can, or else start planning how you will commit suicide. :cool:
Here comes the prophecy… again

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal
I benefited from their donation so the money has to come from somewhere if not inflation will shoot through the roof and sgd will get devalued like South Africa. US dollar is still valued because of opec and technology and innovation still arises from the Eagle. China is only good at improving at commodities. Even though rockets were created from China.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Whore Jinx does it again! The record is littered with such and its all YOUR money!!!

Buy high sell low is her motto.

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes losses are par for the course.

but God dam! temasek's timing is always impeccable. even a monkey couldn't achieve such a consistent rate of buy high sell low :biggrin:

BaeSuzy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Temasek got holding power. They can hold till the prices go back up. Its not like they are going to get margin called and its not like the stock prices will never go back up

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Temasek got holding power. They can hold till the prices go back up. Its not like they are going to get margin called and its not like the stock prices will never go back up
any fool can buy and hold. monkeys could do the same. I'd hold Temasek to a standard higher than "monkey"

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
not blaming, just pointing out their consistency in buying high. facts, not opinion.

the luckin coffee debacle should have taught them something. apparently not.