• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Only Edwin Tong that CB can interrupt, other people cannot.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tong was a partner with law firm Allen & Gledhill LLP before he quit this year to become a full minister – at a big sacrifice financially.

ESM Goh disclosed at a South East District residents dialogue last week that Tong took a 75 per cent pay cut when he became a senior minister of state on July 1. Tong had previously earned more than S$2 million a year as a senior counsel and now makes about S$500,000, said ESM Goh.

Our respect for Tong went up after reading about this.

This is the kind of people we want in our government – with the passion to serve, even if they have to make some personal sacrifices. They clearly see this as a call to duty and as service to the nation.

Before ESM Goh brought up this thing about Tong’s salary, he was last mentioned prominently in the news for his representation of Pastor Kong Hee of the City Harvest Church in the landmark City Harvest Church Trial. On 5 February 2018, the Singapore Attorney-General’s Chamber said it would take action against a man for contempt of court for publishing on a Facebook group a doctored image of Chinese tabloid Lianhe Wanbao, insinuating that Edwin Tong and his affiliated political party had saved Kong Hee from harsher penalties. The original title of the Chinese paper had used the word “outdated law” instead of “PAP lawyer”, to describe the reason behind Kong’s relatively light penalties.

Now, thanks to ESM Goh, everyone in the street will know Minister Edwin Tong as the lawyer who took a drastic pay cut in order to serve the country. Kudos sir! We need more men and women like Edwin Tong in our parliament who are willing to make personal sacrifices for the betterment of our nation.

After all, wasn’t this the foundation of our founding team of good men led by our first Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew who brought Singapore from third world to first? The pioneer team made tremendous personal sacrifices by entering into politics during the uncertain and troubled period when Singapore was still a part of Malaya under British rule. It is with their tenacity, grit and leadership that we came to where we are now.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Good job PAP. Keep up with the arrogance and bullying behaviour. Voters are watching
The sad reality is they are watching and rooting for the pap. In their little fucked up minds, the pap is always right, always the truthful ones. Hence we find ourselves in the shithouse we are in today.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The sad reality is they are watching and rooting for the pap. In their little fucked up minds, the pap is always right, always the truthful ones. Hence we find ourselves in the shithouse we are in today.
Only the 40% who eat PAP rice will vote for them no matter what. In the middle are swing voters who just need another reason to abandon the ship.

I personally have a couple of friends who changed their minds about PAP back in GE06 after the fallout from the James Gomez "Sorry also must explain" rhetoric by Wooden Goh. It gave me hope for the next GE

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Only the 40% who eat PAP rice will vote for them no matter what. In the middle are swing voters who just need another reason to abandon the ship.

I personally have a couple of friends who changed their minds about PAP back in GE06 after the fallout from the James Gomez "Sorry also must explain" rhetoric by Wooden Goh. It gave me hope for the next GE
Makes sense. I hope it will all not be for nought. Yes, we must remain hopeful.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Unless of course, the PAP bo lui liao. The money-minded ones abandon ship in a jiffy when they see no material advantages can be gleaned from associating with it.

Patriotmissile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kong hee round tripped 50 mil , to thank ET and sustain him is not a problem. ET was said to earn 2 mil at Allen & Glenhill but was it consistently this amount?

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don be naive, the pay package will draw out in a way that they will be fully compensated with allowances n bonuses,thus is the real world,no such thing as pay cut for these clowns,they will accept more n not lesser, they are hungry ,

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His was in a confused state of mind.
Anyone who has not been following the matter
would have wondered if he was the defending lawyer
of a self-confessed liar.
Or was he appointed to do a hacking job of WP's leaders
as an inquisitor?

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don be naive, the pay package will draw out in a way that they will be fully compensated with allowances n bonuses,thus is the real world,no such thing as pay cut for these clowns,they will accept more n not lesser, they are hungry ,

pay level just a smokescreen, you think cheebye loong bothers about the paltry few mils he collect each year?

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kong hee round tripped 50 mil , to thank ET and sustain him is not a problem. ET was said to earn 2 mil at Allen & Glenhill but was it consistently this amount?
I thought KH's defence that he sought professional advice from lawyers and auditors for what is now being described as "round tripping" was valid.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hmmm this is what happened to an old friend of mine. Chap was working as an executive earning a good pay. All those good times he was voting for the PAP. Once asked him over supper, why vote for them? He replied what can the Opposition offer me? Then his world came crashing down after his company retrenched him in 2016. After that suddenly became a hardcore Oppie and voted for the Oppo in last year's GE. LOL. Presently he's working as a Grab driver.