• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ong YK's speech: Uh What?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.facebook.com/mindefsg/posts/10154939476436059
"Beyond participation in economic integration and free trade initiatives, it is important for ASEAN to remain relevant and constructive in contributing to global peace and stability. ASEAN's contribution is not in trying to be a regional power, but (in) maintaining its neutrality and centrality, to keep the regional security architecture open and inclusive, and providing a natural platform for major powers to engage each other."

We need a million dollar minister to say this rubbish? Since when is ASEAN trying to be a a regional partner? Since ehen is the security architecture 'open and inclusive'--doesn't that open it to attack? What's this stuff about a natural platform? ASEAN a forest is it?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Motherhood statements. Every politician needs to master the basics of saying something without saying anything. If they can't do this they should look for another job.

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another excellent speech worth a million dollars just to emphasise ASEAN countries should cooperate with one another to stay relevant economically and politically. Money well spent. Long live PAP

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be peaceul loving MP in Singapore is hard.

Think MP pay must come down to near slave coolie wages then Sinkies can appreciate peaceful loving PAP.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Motherhood statements. Every politician needs to master the basics of saying something without saying anything. If they can't do this they should look for another job.
Agree but this one is different. He takes away millions from taxpayers.

koKSia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some scholar drafted it. Minister just read script.

If they are the real deal, millions is cheap for the govt coffers. But they are just yes men.

koKSia

Alfrescian
Loyal
They reward scholars for staying on the safe path. 9 out of 10 are just comfortable with no appetite for risk.

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
More like signs the leadership race is heating up. I've noticed an increase in incidence of CCS and OYK finding every opportunity to make motherhood and grandstanding statements, I gather this is to burnish their credentials as strategic visionaries worthy of a higher pay grade.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
More like signs the leadership race is heating up. I've noticed an increase in incidence of CCS and OYK finding every opportunity to make motherhood and grandstanding statements, I gather this is to burnish their credentials as strategic visionaries worthy of a higher pay grade.
so the one with the stupidest statements becomes PM?

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our ministers always say the most obvious...bestest one:

“Public housing will always be affordable … I am confident because we are the ones who set the price for new HDB flats….. That is a promise that we can deliver.” National Development Minister Khaw.