• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ong Ye Kung Leaves NTUC

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1) His conscious is haunting him?
2) Massive fallout with the PAP/PM?
3) Losing faith / Sensing that he has no chance of ever being elected?
4) All of the above

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
He will have a nice extremely high paying job. He is pinky boys ex personal secretary. To the PAPzis and the media prostitutes, the private sector includes Temasick Holdings and all other GLCs.

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) His conscious is haunting him?
2) Massive fallout with the PAP/PM?
3) Losing faith / Sensing that he has no chance of ever being elected?
4) All of the above

He knows that if he is fielded again in Aljunied, he will likely lose again. But if he contests in a GRC, he ( and the PAP ) will be criticised for using the backdoor to gain entry to Parliament. Not to mention that victory through a GRC may also be iffy given the sourness on the ground now made more worse by the fumbling over the NationalConversation, wayangs over the PM's dialogues with 'chosen' Singaporeans
on national TV, clear indications that sacred cows will remain so.....

Therefore on balance better to remain 'advisor' to various government linked entities whilst reaping the spoils of the 'private' sector a la the many ex-ministars.

Won't be too surprised that DC will follow suit soon as he would have been better off pay wise as a Police Supt than as a NTUC Deputy Director ( he is in exactly the same boat )

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
Or lead a PAP internal split.

this more likely....
From Singapore Short Stories

Ong Ye Kung: new Capitaland CEO?
It is reported that Ong Ye Kung will relinquish his portfolios in NTUC and labour movement to join the private sector. I believe Ong Ye Kung may become the CEO of Capitaland as currently Mr Liew Mun Leong is looking for a successor to helm the position at Capitaland. When Desmond Kuek indicated he would be joining the private sector earlier this year, I have surmised, correctly that he would be taking over SMRT as its CEO since the CEO post was vacated then. I was right!

Hence when Ong Ye Kung now indicated he is going over to private sector, there is not much surprise to me if he becomes the new CEO of Capitaland since Mr Liew is currently looking for his successor. While Ong Ye Kung may not have real estate expertise, it may not really matter as government scholars like Ong Ye Kung, Desmond Kuek (SMRT), Ng Yat Chung (NOL) can be, deployed to or join private companies most of which are Government Linked Companies to bring along their management perspectives, see things from a different angle armed with years of experience crafting policies that affect the common people of Singapore, the results which we see today and in the future.

What I see so far is that top government scholars, after attaining the top positions in Civil Service like Permanent Secretaries will go on to helm Government Linked Companies: Beh Soo Khiang (ex CDF) joined SIA as Executive Vice-President; Ng Yat Chung (ex CDF) joined NOL as CEO, Desmond Quek (ex CDF) joined SMRT as CEO. Alternatively, they are appointed as Chairman of Government Statutory Boards: Phillip Yeo (Spring), Leo Yip (EDB), Lim Chuan Poh (ex CDF)- now ASTAR Chairman.

Ong Ye Kung may not have real estate experience but I heard his wife Diana Kuik Sin Leng is the Executive Director of Sim Lian Group, not sure whether it is true or not. If true, she can share some experience with him.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this more likely....
From Singapore Short Stories

Ong Ye Kung: new Capitaland CEO?
It is reported that Ong Ye Kung will relinquish his portfolios in NTUC and labour movement to join the private sector. I believe Ong Ye Kung may become the CEO of Capitaland as currently Mr Liew Mun Leong is looking for a successor to helm the position at Capitaland.

If what you anticipated can come true and every indication is that it will, then it would be the best outcome for OYK. Mind you, LML is about the highest paid CEO there is in Singapore. So OYK can stay in politics. Even if he doesn't win in any election, no loss to him. He just continues to enjoy his big fat salary.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
He will have a nice extremely high paying job. He is pinky boys ex personal secretary. To the PAPzis and the media prostitutes, the private sector includes Temasick Holdings and all other GLCs.

It is just a question of taking money from the left pocket or right pocket.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this OYK chap tat capable to be CEO? basically,,,how many of these PAP civil serpent types r capable of running a proper profit orientated company competing in a proper market environment