• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious One of my favs makan closing this Thursday.. for good..

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
https://mothership.sg/category/news/

Teck Kee Pau closing all S’pore outlets on Jan. 31, 2019
Mixed fillings :(
Guan Zhen Tan |
clock.png
January 29, 05:31 pm
bao.png

https://mothership.sg/2019/01/dasmond-koh-professionalism-aloysius-pang/

Bad news for those of us who grew up on Teck Kee Pau: All three outlets are closing for good on Jan. 31, 2019.
Advertisement

Established in 1948, the humble shop was best known for their handmade buns with fresh ingredients and the iconic print at the bottom of each bun.

Saddened by the sudden news of its impending closure, one Cecilia Chong even wrote a tribute on Facebook:

In case you can’t see her tribute, here it is:
A Tribute to Tanglin Teck Kee Pau
Tanglin Teck Kee Pau fills me with extreme nostalgia: it is comfort food. I can easily polish off 5 of these at a go! I remember with fondness how my Daddy used to bring my brother & I to the Newton branch to buy absolute mounds of these. When I became a mum, franchising extended their reach to neighbourhood malls and I too bought mounds for my kids. They grew up on them as well.
I am a person who loves pau skin more than the filling. The skin must be thick and chewy enough. Tanglin Pau had that and the sweet pork filling. I would always eat out the bottom of the pau first and consume the filling next before savouring the pau skin: save the best for last. My favourite part of the pau is the part near the orange dot because the skin was the thickest there.
And now this 61-year old 老字号 (time-honored brand) will be shutting its doors for the last time this coming Thursday. Squeezing in last 1 or 2 pau binges while they are still opened for business…​
Advertisement

Shock
Given that there’s little information elsewhere of the impending closure of the iconic 61-year old franchise, the news came as a surprise.
Screen-Shot-2019-01-29-at-3.38.57-PM.png
Screenshot via Cecilia Chong’s Facebook post
Screen-Shot-2019-01-29-at-3.39.22-PM.png
Advertisement

In a response to a comment, Chong said that while she was initially sceptical, the staff confirmed the news.
Screen-Shot-2019-01-29-at-3.39.11-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-01-29-at-3.39.30-PM.png
Advertisement

Confirmed
Mothership.sg called the Killney outlet’s hotline to verify, and staff who picked up confirmed that the closure of the franchise will indeed happen by this Thursday.
The closure applies to all three outlets — the other two at Bukit Timah road and Serangoon road — once they have sold out their buns for the day.
There’s not a lot of time left to get the iconic buns, but surely those who do shall savour it to its last bite.
So long, Teck Kee.

https://mothership.sg/2019/01/teck-...Jg5wYN-ZKNdTW8rI-E9ftAlTh6BC73iiXht2ZBi1OfRUU