• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

One good thing about high HDB prices

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overheard young couple in their early 20's lamenting about high HDB resale prices

Suddenly I realised it is not such a bad thing after all

With high prices, the young couple will learn to be humble and work hard instead of subscribing to soft and weak Western values of mindless consumption and wasting money on ah gua products like ipod and iphone

High HDB prices will cultivate strong values of hard work. The money will then be diverted into social causes to help the weak

Win-win for society. Older folks already bought their flats long time ago at cheaper prices and they know the value of hard work, so everthing is fair

As long as our policies strengthen our youth instead of making them ah gua like Westerners, we will be okay

If our youngsters can be less Westernised, then perhaps the prices can be gradually lowered

Hopelessly naive and foolish. Baby boomers ruined this country, enjoying at the expense of future generations. :biggrin:

Mee Poh Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
i work in real world, not like armchair commentator like you

yes, i do collect first on isolated occasions. (in sammyboy, you say one thing and it becomes overarching but this is an anonymous forum with brainless teens to senile fogeys, so what the heck)

why? there are certain profiles (read young angmohs) who like to complain after finishing the food and try to get away without paying

there are some who dash out midway

when i catch one of them and detain him, the parents would make an even bigger headache for me even though my security cameras show their actions

sometimes they do it because of a dare, but it reflects poor western upbringing

i never have locals or Asians do that, if their credit card limit busted or they realise they have no cash, they will leave their IC or driving licence or other document and come back later or next day to pay

Hi besotted, can you share how do you deal with those ang mo that complain after finishing the food? Do you allow them to get away without paying?

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I ran a canteen, I would do exactly the same. Its my business and I need to protect my interest. Thats common sense.

But I won't be painting the wrong picture and get caught out when plastic chairs start flying during strong winds. You have little or no credibility when you take such a route. Your posts carry little thereafter when you resort to misleading claims.

Learn to be honest and humble. There is nothing wrong running a canteen and I admire people who run a great canteen with good selection of decent food and a cleanliness.

You remind me of a colleague who use to park his car on the side of the building because he was ashamed after having to downgrade due to personal issues. People will still like you if you are honest and sincere.

No point keeping up with Joneses if you can't keep up. Also have heart for singaporeans who have lost their job.

too bad you choose to resort to this path

your posts here show that you are quite senior in age and experienced in the ways of the world

yet you pick on a post and twist facts out of context

if anyone is free he can go check the history but you know most won't bother and will take it at face value

in the plastic chairs blowing in the wind post, i was driving when i saw that happening on an unusually windy night

never did i mention it was my restaurant, yet you choose to link the two

anyway i never said mine is a high-class restaurant. in fact if you check history, you will notice i said low to mid-end. my chepaest meal is only $6.50, most expensive depending on market price can be up to $2,000

i said during recession that my business will thrive because those who downgrade from high-end restaurant wil come to my place

as i said before in a previous post over another discussion, you are a crafty person who cannt be trusted

heaven help those who have to deal with a snake like you in real life

there are juveniles here who are a nuisance but you are a senior person who should know better

the government should quickly import another 1.5 million young educated PRCs to dilute away such sinkieness and ensure our future

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi besotted, can you share how do you deal with those ang mo that complain after finishing the food? Do you allow them to get away without paying?

angmoh below 25 not accompanied by adult or an asian, i ask them to pay first when they order and i seat them under the security cam

if there is even a hint that they have taken alcohol, i ask my staff not to serve them

angmoh youngsters are the worst customers - i try as far as possible to discourage them from coming

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not the only one who has caught you on more than one occasion telling fibs. The thing with telling lies is that you need the memory of an elephant to keep track of your lies and keep the picture that you painted consistent.

However to good to see that you now downgrading your restaurant by the day.

In life, it pointless being dishonest. Credibility is the last asset that a man has. Its sad that you find joy in putting down unemployed singaporeans and taxi drivers. They too need to earn a living. Keep cursing singaporeans and both your business and you will be the receiving end of one.

Just look at all your posts - the vast majority is clearly anti singaporeans.

too bad you choose to resort to this path

your posts here show that you are quite senior in age and experienced in the ways of the world

yet you pick on a post and twist facts out of context

if anyone is free he can go check the history but you know most won't bother and will take it at face value

in the plastic chairs blowing in the wind post, i was driving when i saw that happening on an unusually windy night

never did i mention it was my restaurant, yet you choose to link the two

anyway i never said mine is a high-class restaurant. in fact if you check history, you will notice i said low to mid-end. my chepaest meal is only $6.50, most expensive depending on market price can be up to $2,000

i said during recession that my business will thrive because those who downgrade from high-end restaurant wil come to my place

as i said before in a previous post over another discussion, you are a crafty person who cannt be trusted

heaven help those who have to deal with a snake like you in real life

there are juveniles here who are a nuisance but you are a senior person who should know better

the government should quickly import another 1.5 million young educated PRCs to dilute away such sinkieness and ensure our future

Last edited:

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not the only one who has caught you on more than one occasion telling fibs. The thing with telling lies is that you need the memory of an elephant to keep track of your lies and keep the picture that you painted consistent.

However to good to see that you now downgrading your restaurant by the day.

In life, it pointless being dishonest. Credibility is the last asset that a man has. Its sad that you find joy in putting down unemployed singaporeans and taxi drivers. They too need to earn a living. Keep cursing singaporeans and both your business and you will be the receiving end of one.

Just look at all your posts - the vast majority is clearly anti singaporeans.

You write better than average and some people may be taken in by the smooth liar that your are

Luckily there is forum history here to show that I have been truthful and consistent. You are the liar.

Anyway I know a lot of people here hate me for my views that favour FT

I have attempted to show in my job-hiring thread why - in order to wake up Singaporeans to change their attitude

Too bad, if you guys can't take reality

Put it this way, I live under the same rules, under the same government and I am not above-average smart. Why do I thrive despite the recession? I am not saying this to boast. I am saying this to propmt you guys to reflect and take action.

Stop whining and be a man. Not a chow ah gua

If you are a grad sucking on government nanny tit by way of MAS subsidy programme, have an exit plan and not depend on the tits for too long

Because it makes you weak

Look at our NS men riding in aircon bus to range. Damn ah guas

Real men march to the range like we did

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
They way you prompt is not enouraging, it rather demeaning. If you want to help a fellow singaporean, tell them how to fish.

You are an entrepreneur, give them tips and encouragement. No need to give away any competitive edge. Just be more helpful and considerate.

Don't wory about your restaurant thingy, I was just yanking your chain for being mean to Singaporeans. Your reasoning and approach of hiring the PRC chef was clear and commendable. Do share those things. That post was helpful to those singaporeans lookings for jobs as they can see what the PC lady scored and why she got the job.

If you are prepared to start a thread for down and out job candidates or budding employers will give you a hand. I am stuck at Emmigration folder giving tips and guidance on opportunities outside this country.

I have attempted to show in my job-hiring thread why - in order to wake up Singaporeans to change their attitude

Too bad, if you guys can't take reality

Put it this way, I live under the same rules, under the same government and I am not above-average smart. Why do I thrive despite the recession? I am not saying this to boast. I am saying this to propmt you guys to reflect and take action.

Stop whining and be a man. Not a chow ah gua

If you are a grad sucking on government nanny tit by way of MAS subsidy programme, have an exit plan and not depend on the tits for too long

Because it makes you weak

Look at our NS men riding in aircon bus to range. Damn ah guas

Real men march to the range like we did

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
High housing prices making peasants toil for the rest of their lives so that the regime can rule in peace.

High housing prices = huge loans + long repayment periods

That generates a lucrative interest income for housing mafia and banks.

This is proof that the regime loves debt laden peasants.