• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

On abortion, peaceful muslims say Islam is ‘on the side of mercy’

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.washingtonpost.com/reli...-americans-say-islamic-history-is-side-mercy/

(RNS) — To Eman Abdelhadi, getting an abortion was the most sensible thing to do. She was six weeks pregnant and a graduate student who wasn’t financially ready to have a child. She felt no shame or guilt going through with it.

“I had no qualms about it. I grew up in an environment and a religious tradition that sees my life as the most important thing,” said Abdelhadi, a professor at the University of Chicago who was raised in a Muslim household. “It felt very clear to me. There was never anything like, ‘You did something unethical.’”

Abdelhadi, whose mother was a gynecologist in Egypt, grew up with the idea that abortion was a “nonsensical thing to legislate” and that legalizing it was necessary to prevent people from seeking other, potentially dangerous means of terminating pregnancies.

Islamic law is flexible, Abdelhadi said, and when it comes to making a decision about abortion, “people will consult with their families, their religious leaders, and then they’ll ultimately make a decision for themselves.”

“You’ll do what feels right,” she said….

“There’s been a sort of confused silence as [Muslim] folks try to figure out what they believe about this, or what Islam tells them about this,” said Abdelhadi, now a sociologist who studies Muslims in America. “I think what happens in a Christian-dominated space is that sometimes, even among Muslims, we don’t know what we believe.”

Recent passage of antiabortion legislation in Texas and other red states has led many to make comparisons to the Taliban’s iron-fisted control of women in Muslim-majority Afghanistan. Such comparisons are inaccurate and perpetuate Islamophobia, experts say, adding that this rationale minimizes the role of Christianity and other U.S. systems that led to Texas’ six-week abortion ban.

The American Muslim Bar Association and HEART Women and Girls in April released an 11-page statement, dubbed “The Islamic Principle of Rahma: A Call for Reproductive Justice,” declaring that as a religious minority, Muslim Americans “are uniquely positioned to condemn abortion bans and their attack on every person’s constitutional right to religious liberty.”

“Muslims are not a monolith and we don’t have a systemized and global authority that mirrors the papal system in Catholicism. We also don’t hold a uniform view on when life begins,” the statement read….

Cited are scriptural pieces from the Quran and the prophet Muhammad that address developmental stages of a fetus and that give “descriptions of how creation came to be,” Ayubi said.

The discussion of when life begins varies from 40 days, the point at which the prophet Muhammad says everyone is “constituted in the womb,” to 120 days, when the soul is believed to enter the fetus.

Among Muslim authorities, the most conservative opinion would say abortion is permitted as early as possible and only for health reasons before 120 days, Ayubi said. Contemporary Muslim jurists have universally said abortion is permissible even beyond 120 days “if there is mortal danger to the mother,” Ayubi added.

But even defining what constitutes mortal danger “is a nebulous kind of concept,” Ayubi said. This can include mental health concerns that, Ayubi said, “might lead to suicidal ideation.”

The Islamic tradition, Ayubi said, “is forgiving and on the side of mercy.”…

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Her opinion doesn't matter. If she was a Muslim, she would read the specific instructions from the book not to kill innocent babies.
Contradicting what the book orders removes her automatically from Islam.

mudhatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
“I think what happens in a Christian-dominated space is that sometimes, even among Muslims, we don’t know what we believe.”

summary of long wall of text lah

they dunno what to believe, what to say,

at least ceca zakir naik knows what to say what to do and what to believe

of course since he is a ceca and grew up in ceca he has his own twisted view of things, he can't abandon his lifelong friends family members acquaintances who are Muslims but unfortunately stuck under CECA virus saffronite rule.

zakir naik explains it loud and clear, no point going to live in kafir countries.

he also explains there is absolutely none (zero, absolutely zero) kafir country where a Muslim can live like a Muslim today no matter how some (turd world) Muslim hailing from failed states or banana republics try to twist and turn to justify why living among kuffar is justifiable.

they are mostly from turd world cesspools

in summary, according to zakir naik (not me), Malaysia is the best country for Muslims these days to live in though it is not Islamic country.

I don't agree with him but in any case, he received offers from some 10-12 Muslim majority countries to take up citizenship but he decided to settle in less Islamic, non Islamic Malaysia

he also explained why it's not permissible and/or advisable to live among kuffar.

that one statement i quoted summarizes everything well enough.

usually it's turd worlders, from turd world cesspool, that dunno what to do and migrates to live among kuffar. and in order not to be expelled, just to be accepted, they jump through all sorst of hoops making them look like absolute jokers which they truly are.

I think the Theory of IQ, Race and Inventiveness predicts these incidents well enough.

if IQ, Race and Inventiveness were right for these participants, they would not want to compromise their iman/belief in the Truth, in the True religion for falsehood, and compromise for meagre earthly gains. after all, if you are a politician, a big wig or well connected person in any turd world cesspool with a large enough population (even in africa), you are bound to be richer than a middle income person in any developed country, be it ang moh western kafir countries or slanty copycat inferior race noninventive kafir countries infamous for being copycats and spreading chink virus.