• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

OLYMPIC Chief critisices Usain Bolt

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
The IOC President Jacques Rogge declares the Lightning Bolt is immature and dis-respectful of his opponents. He continues to say of the 100 & 200m WR setter at the Beijing Olympics: "It would be good not to have a repeat of the 'catch me if you can' gesture." Referring to Bolt's actions metres from the line in the 100m final.

My question is: Why is the President trying to throw cold water on this young man's achievements?

Now i dun profess to know a lot about Jamaica but believe it or not, their population is only 2.8mil. Compare that to Brazil who only won 1gold so far and its mind boggling! That does not give anyone the right to be dis-respectful or arrogant, but i can see that Bolt's exuberance and celebrations are genuine and natural. He's a character not unlike Mohd Ali, either you like him or you hate him.

Thus my message to Usain Bolt is Reggae on mun :smile: :cool: :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The IOC President Jacques Rogge declares the Lightning Bolt is immature and dis-respectful of his opponents. He continues to say of the 100 & 200m WR setter at the Beijing Olympics: "It would be good not to have a repeat of the 'catch me if you can' gesture." Referring to Bolt's actions metres from the line in the 100m final.

My question is: Why is the President trying to throw cold water on this young man's achievements?

Thus my message to Usain Bolt is Reggae on mun :smile: :cool: :biggrin:
Agree bro.

An absolutely bizzare comment from the Head if IOC on one of the most stunning event in any olypimcs - 2 world records broken in the most fancied races in the most spectacular form.

Imagine in the 100 ms, he looked back, distinctly slowed down, thumped his chest, held his head high ( usually they duck and lunge forward at the end) and then crossed the line and still broke the world record.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
he is critising usain attitude.....seems arrongant the way he celebrated......they may do extra urine test on him now....hez a mark man.....:biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Imagine in the 100 ms, he looked back, distinctly slowed down, thumped his chest, held his head high ( usually they duck and lunge forward at the end) and then crossed the line and still broke the world record.

Wow, serious.... Human body can go faster and faster every time, amazing. In the last second near the finishing line, still can show a bit of style and pattern and then still get a world record.

This is called real quality, those USA sport school must be feeling insulted as they got the most advanced way of training their athletes.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
confirm he's on drugs, look at his face and body. unnatural
After the ben johnson affair, marquee event athletes get "special" attention. He also does not fit the profile of doping for sprint which tends to bulk up the body and neck.

One of the forummers here did a good anaylsis on the unusual features like no of strides etc. Unless he onto "Jamaica Juice", I think we got an exceptional athlele. Look at his slow start but the take-off at 40 m mark when he is in full stride. We are probably looking at height, strides etc Completely against mainstream sprint requirements.

I suspect early selection requirements will now change.

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
confirm he's on drugs, look at his face and body. unnatural

According to his father, the secret is Trelawny yam.

Let's feed some to the Singapore Team. :biggrin:

Bolt's gold down to yam power, father says
Sat 16 Aug 2008, 14:38 GMT

By Horace Helps

KINGSTON, Jamaica (Reuters) - Usain Bolt streaked to 100 metres Olympic gold at the Beijing Olympics on Saturday thanks to yam power, his father said.

Wellesley Bolt said his son was partial to the vegetable grown in the north-western area of Jamaica where the sprinter was born.

"It is definitely the Trelawny yam," Bolt senior told Reuters seconds after his son smashed the world record on the way to landing the biggest gold medal in sport.

The yam grown in the parish Trelawny is one of the staples that has made the area famous. It is sold in huge volumes here and much of it is exported. Citizens of the area believe that it has medicinal properties.

"I was very nervous before the race, my heart was pumping. I spoke to him about two days ago and told him that I was getting nervous and he said 'don't worry Dad, I am going to win this one for you'," Wellesley told Reuters from his home, less than 30 minutes drive from the western tourist city of Montego Bay.

"My house has been taken over by more than 100 people from inside and outside the community.

"They are waving flags, beating drums and just making a lot of noise. But this is a special moment and to know that a Jamaican has done this and I am the father of that Jamaican makes me feel special.

"I never expected him to break the world record, but I am proud of my son."

Bolt senior said he sympathised with compatriot Asafa Powell who finished a disappointing fifth.

"That was surprising to me. I really feel it for Asafa because I felt that he should have performed better," he said.

Bolt's sister Sherine said she knew he would break the world record.

"I expected my brother to win the race and I told my daddy last night that he would do 9.68 seconds. He didn't quite do that, but I am happy still," Sherine said.

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
not just him but the entire jamaican team. how come suddenly they can all run so well? must be a common drug/medicine they are taking

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
not just him but the entire jamaican team. how come suddenly they can all run so well? must be a common drug/medicine they are taking

The Jamaicans have a 55 yr history of sprintng at world standard. Remember Don Quarrie. Every other bugger in Jamaica wants to be a sprinter, cricketer, baskballer or Bob Marley.

Its no different to saying that tea consumption in China is high.

Try to read widely.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Usain Bolt built is not your typical sprinter body...he is actually quite lanky for a sprinter, you noticed that when he sprint especially in the 200m final, he seems to be striding rather then sprinting...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I never expected him to break the world record, but I am proud of my son

I am sure he do. Running for his own home country, they are sure proud. How i wish the sinkie govt truly understand this.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
though he is a bit over but who won't,if you blew your opponents away not only in 100m but also 200m.
furthermore,break both the World Record for both event.
he deserved a bit of his expression.

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
though he is a bit over but who won't,if you blew your opponents away not only in 100m but also 200m.
furthermore,break both the World Record for both event.
he deserved a bit of his expression.

Right on bro. Even his opponents never suan him but instead welcome Bolt's fresh approach. Its bizzare (to borrow a word from bro scroobal) what Rogge said but perhaps he wants to share the spotlight with one Sepp Blatter (FIFA chief) who infamously said pro footballers are modern day slaves!! :biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
pro footballers are modern day slaves!!

When u earn like beckham, there will be no complains. What about those NBA players, those stars are millionaires.

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Usain Bolt built is not your typical sprinter body...he is actually quite lanky for a sprinter, you noticed that when he sprint especially in the 200m final, he seems to be striding rather then sprinting...

Good observation bro. Got one analyst he calculated that a traditional short stocky sprinter need say an average of 50 strides to cover 100m but Usain Bolt's height and long strides meant he could cover the same distance in 45 strides. Coupled with his natural talent and training, he said there's no way anyone can catch him now!

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
When u earn like beckham, there will be no complains. What about those NBA players, those stars are millionaires.

Blatter was talking about his domain which is the football world. But just for example, if he can consider Ronaldo a slave in his job, then what are the rest of us. Btw, Ron earns 120,000 sterling pounds a week.