• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Oil Price Drops 20%, Electricity UP 21%. INSATIABLY GREED! REVOLT!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Households to see average rise of about 21% in electricity bills from Oct
By S.Ramesh, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 29 September 2008 1035 hrs
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=260 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=right width=20> </TD><TD align=right width=240>
php5jdMpx.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top height=60> </TD><TD class=update vAlign=top height=60><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=138 bgColor=#f6f6f6>Photos </TD><TD width=47 bgColor=#f6f6f6>1 of 1</TD><TD width=18 bgColor=#f6f6f6><INPUT id=btnPrev disabled onclick=Prev(); type=image height=15 width=18 src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" value="<< Previous"></TD><TD width=19 bgColor=#f6f6f6><INPUT id=bntPlay onclick=Play() type=image height=15 width=19 src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" value="Play - Stop"></TD><TD width=18 bgColor=#f6f6f6><INPUT id=btnNext disabled onclick=Next(); type=image height=15 width=18 src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" value=" Next >> "></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
dotline_240.gif

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD class=update> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SINGAPORE: Singaporeans will see an increase of 21 per cent in their electricity bills in the last quarter of this year.

The average electricity tariffs from October to December would go up by 5.38 cents per kilowatt per hour.

The Energy Market Authority (EMA) said it's due to higher fuel oil prices.

For those living in the one to three room public housing flats, this would mean an increase of between S$90 and S$223 in electricity bills for this year.

But the government rebates of $310 to $330 will more than cover the increases for these households.

For the last quarter of this year, this is nearly S$155 per barrel, 38 per cent more than the third quarter.

"I am jobless, so burden for me also," one individual said.

"Even though I don't pay the bill, my son does so I still feel the pinch for him," said another.

Seah Choon Seng, executive director, Consumers Association of Singapore, said: "The 20 per cent adjustment in tariff price is quite hefty for consumers to bear and I suppose one of those very high adjustments we see in many years. We feel that the companies involved in the utilities business should work harder in improving their efficiency to bring down the costs for consumers."

The EMA said the government's U-save rebates to help offset increases in utilities bills is more than enough to cover this year's electricity price increase for one, two and three room HDB flats.

For four room HDB households, the increase to the bill size for this year would be marginally higher than the U-Save rebate given.

These homes received S$295 in U-save rebates. But the total bill size for 2008 is estimated at S$316.

Insurance agent Tommy Wijaya has taken steps to cut energy consumption in his apartment which houses 13 people.

He has installed the e-track device to monitor electricity consumption at home and that has helped bring down his electricity bill by a third, from around S$600 to around S$170 now.

He said: "What we can do is change our habits and change our lifestyles."

The EMA feels there is more room for Singaporeans to conserve and use less energy. That's because the EMA's surveys and findings show that nearly 40 per cent of Singapore homes are using more energy than they require to.

And the air conditioner's one of the largest energy guzzlers in homes here.

Khoo Chin Hean, chief executive, EMA, said: "There is a lot of use which can be curtailed. There is probably quite a bit of wasteful usage. It is this kind of usage we can be more mindful of and take measures to manage our consumption.”

The authority said if the forward fuel prices come down next month, the electricity tariff from January to March 2009 will be reduced accordingly. - CNA/vm

blythec

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got to take back the amount spent on electricity for lightings for the world first F1night race mah.

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
households to see average rise of about 21% in electricity bills from oct

the authority said if the forward fuel prices come down next month, the electricity tariff from january to march 2009 will be reduced accordingly. - cna/vm

the oil is down liao. Wtf???!!!!!!!!!

virus2977

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought the oil price drop what.what the fuck is our goverment doing.Want to rise profit is not like that what!!!!!!Our goverment is a day robbery..........66.6% singaporean u all happy liao.Here give GST package and there give back to them.let all gather and shoot e-mail to SP.

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got to take back the amount spent on electricity for lightings for the world first F1night race mah.

ha, u beat me to it ! :o

the lighting along the race track was very very strong lighting, no wonder weather felt so warm the last few days, had to turn down my aircon temp ... :cool:

wooozzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 22% increase in electrity is to help the govt to offset the high usage of electricity bill and fuel n transport cost in the F1 night race. There is no free live telecast of F1 in Pappies govt.

silverspoon

Alfrescian
Loyal

The are getting ready so next year they can propose a raise for themselves.....instead of Golden period....someone will declare we are in the titanium period

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Households to see average rise of about 21% in electricity bills from Oct
By S.Ramesh, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 29 September 2008 1035 hrs
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=260 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=right width=20> </TD><TD align=right width=240>
php5jdMpx.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top height=60> </TD><TD class=update vAlign=top height=60><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=138 bgColor=#f6f6f6>Photos </TD><TD width=47 bgColor=#f6f6f6>1 of 1</TD><TD width=18 bgColor=#f6f6f6><INPUT id=btnPrev disabled onclick=Prev(); type=image height=15 width=18 src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" value="<< Previous"></TD><TD width=19 bgColor=#f6f6f6><INPUT id=bntPlay onclick=Play() type=image height=15 width=19 src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" value="Play - Stop"></TD><TD width=18 bgColor=#f6f6f6><INPUT id=btnNext disabled onclick=Next(); type=image height=15 width=18 src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" value=" Next >> "></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
dotline_240.gif

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD class=update> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SINGAPORE: Singaporeans will see an increase of 21 per cent in their electricity bills in the last quarter of this year.

The average electricity tariffs from October to December would go up by 5.38 cents per kilowatt per hour.

The Energy Market Authority (EMA) said it's due to higher fuel oil prices.

For those living in the one to three room public housing flats, this would mean an increase of between S$90 and S$223 in electricity bills for this year.

But the government rebates of $310 to $330 will more than cover the increases for these households.

For the last quarter of this year, this is nearly S$155 per barrel, 38 per cent more than the third quarter.

"I am jobless, so burden for me also," one individual said.

"Even though I don't pay the bill, my son does so I still feel the pinch for him," said another.

Seah Choon Seng, executive director, Consumers Association of Singapore, said: "The 20 per cent adjustment in tariff price is quite hefty for consumers to bear and I suppose one of those very high adjustments we see in many years. We feel that the companies involved in the utilities business should work harder in improving their efficiency to bring down the costs for consumers."

The EMA said the government's U-save rebates to help offset increases in utilities bills is more than enough to cover this year's electricity price increase for one, two and three room HDB flats.

For four room HDB households, the increase to the bill size for this year would be marginally higher than the U-Save rebate given.

These homes received S$295 in U-save rebates. But the total bill size for 2008 is estimated at S$316.

Insurance agent Tommy Wijaya has taken steps to cut energy consumption in his apartment which houses 13 people.

He has installed the e-track device to monitor electricity consumption at home and that has helped bring down his electricity bill by a third, from around S$600 to around S$170 now.

He said: "What we can do is change our habits and change our lifestyles."

The EMA feels there is more room for Singaporeans to conserve and use less energy. That's because the EMA's surveys and findings show that nearly 40 per cent of Singapore homes are using more energy than they require to.

And the air conditioner's one of the largest energy guzzlers in homes here.

Khoo Chin Hean, chief executive, EMA, said: "There is a lot of use which can be curtailed. There is probably quite a bit of wasteful usage. It is this kind of usage we can be more mindful of and take measures to manage our consumption.”

The authority said if the forward fuel prices come down next month, the electricity tariff from January to March 2009 will be reduced accordingly. - CNA/vm

What growth dividends are we talking about??. They give you S$1 and take back S$2 from you. Don't we ever learn.........