• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious OCBC Services All Down One Day After They Close Iranian Bank Accounts! Ayatollah Angry With OCBC?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE - OCBC Bank experienced a service outage on Saturday (Sept 1), with users reporting that the bank's automated teller machines (ATMs), online banking system, 24-hour hotline and credit card transactions were all down.

The bank posted on Facebook at about 9.50pm that it was "experiencing network issues".

"You may encounter issues with our ATMs, credit card transactions and online/mobile banking. We're looking into this. Will post updates as and when we have them. Sorry for the inconvenience!" the post read.

Around 9pm on Saturday, many users on various social media platforms began complaining that different aspects of the OCBC banking system were down.

Customers were unable to withdraw cash from OCBC ATMs or access their bank accounts via the online banking system.

OCBC credit card transactions were also reportedly not going through, according to various Twitter users in Singapore.

Many customers left frustrated comments beneath an OCBC Facebook post about the network issues.

Facebook user Wilson Tay said: “I also was briefly stuck at Sheng Siong as I only (had) OCBC cards and both were declined (at) the time. Luckily I had some cash to pay otherwise it would have been awkward considering I cannot perform any withdrawal or even (perform a) balance enquiry at the ATMs either.”

Another user Sobhi Swailem wrote: “I’m stuck at the restaurant because I (can’t) use my card or withdraw from the ATM and I’m so embarrassed to explain that to the manager until I showed him this post.”

Other services also seem to be down. The bank’s 24-hour hotline does not appear to connect. When dialled, only a repetitive beeping sound can be heard.

Customers who tried to withdraw cash at a Toa Payoh OCBC ATM were unable to do so.

Instead, the ATM screen showed the words: “Sorry, we are unable to process your request. Would you like to perform another transaction?”

Customers who tried to log into their online banking accounts were also unable to access the system as the login page appeared to have trouble loading.

The Straits Times has contacted OCBC for more information.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ain-of-service-outage-of-its-banking-services

Last edited:

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
hkh2nOL.png

https://tinyurI.com/yclbud3h

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OCBC used to be one of the banks with better customer service but its service standards start to drop about 2 years ago.
Even premier service (its most valued) customers were not spared-with rude tellers even at premier service dedicated counters , no waiver of credit cards fees,
ect2. If a bank can treat its premier service clients in a shabby way-imagine how the hoi polloi will be handled.
This is sadly a reflection of how our society is heading under the PAP-$$ or profits counts above all else.
You may be a long standing customer but as long as you don't contribute to their bottom line -out you go.
If its a foreign bank (eg ANZ with its poor pinoy service) I don't care-but a local bank that is supposed to be world class after all the bank mergers at the cost of thousands of local jobs is bad for this country .
This is another of LHL policy failure-he pushed for local bank consolidation and cost thousands of locals to lose their jobs- and the local banks instead of getting better , became worse.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is another of LHL policy failure-he pushed for local bank consolidation and cost thousands of locals to lose their jobs- and the local banks instead of getting better , became worse.

it was the Dead Creature who did it , not it's son.
it was following americunt order to consolidate the banks.
the stupid mind set thinking was one or two giant banks could enable them to compete globally.
tis is the kind of evil americunt capitalism being practised world wide

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it was the Dead Creature who did it , not it's son.
it was following americunt order to consolidate the banks.
the stupid mind set thinking was one or two giant banks could enable them to compete globally.
tis is the kind of evil americunt capitalism being practised world wide

Lee Hsien Loong: Consolidation and liberalisation: building world-class banks

Speech by Mr Lee Hsien Loong, Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore and Chairman of the Monetary

Authority of Singapore, at the Association of Banks Annual Dinner, Singapore, 29 June 2001

https://www.bis.org/review/r010702b.pdf