• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Obituary : Chew Poh Yim (1954 - 2021)

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was a Trader , but trades what things ?

View attachment 126434

About TEO Lee 张理​

I am born in 1833 and considered by Sir Song Ong Siang to be the first Chinese male born in the new British colony of Singapore. " The First Hundred Years of Chinese in Singapore". I was a pepper and gambir (rubber) trader.
One of the earliest "sons of the soil" was Teo Lee, who was born in Singapore about 1833. His father came from China in a junk shortly after the foundation of the Settlement, and was for many years a gambier and pepper planter somewhere in the vicinity of Bukit Tunggal. Teo Lee started life as a cloth pedlar. Later, he opened a shop in Beach Road under the chop Tiang Bee, dealing in mercer and piece goods and as general commission agent, and gradually built up an extensive trading connection with Trengganu, Kelantan, Bali and Ampenan. Like many of the early settlers, Teo Lee invested his savings in landed property, and at the time of his death he was a considerable landowner . He was a great friend of the late Sultan Abubakar of Johore. His two sons, Messrs. Teo Eng Hock and Teo Bah Tan, are well-known merchants and rubber planters and dealers in Singapore. His widow, Tan Poh Neo, is the granddaughter of Tan Hong Khuay, who was mayor of Muntok. The eldest daughter of Mr. Teo Lee was married to Lim Peng N guan , and became the mother of Mr. Lim Nee Soon.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Important people like Minister Teo and grassroots leaders like myself are amongst the first to be fully vaccinated with the booster shot. Don't worry about us.

Fkin morons like you will always be first in line for vaxx.....Im saying don't forget to double mask AND social distance or you'll kill
her husband as well.

Don't you know that low risk doesn't mean no risk?

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

About TEO Lee 张理​

I am born in 1833 and considered by Sir Song Ong Siang to be the first Chinese male born in the new British colony of Singapore. " The First Hundred Years of Chinese in Singapore". I was a pepper and gambir (rubber) trader.
One of the earliest "sons of the soil" was Teo Lee, who was born in Singapore about 1833. His father came from China in a junk shortly after the foundation of the Settlement, and was for many years a gambier and pepper planter somewhere in the vicinity of Bukit Tunggal. Teo Lee started life as a cloth pedlar. Later, he opened a shop in Beach Road under the chop Tiang Bee, dealing in mercer and piece goods and as general commission agent, and gradually built up an extensive trading connection with Trengganu, Kelantan, Bali and Ampenan. Like many of the early settlers, Teo Lee invested his savings in landed property, and at the time of his death he was a considerable landowner . He was a great friend of the late Sultan Abubakar of Johore. His two sons, Messrs. Teo Eng Hock and Teo Bah Tan, are well-known merchants and rubber planters and dealers in Singapore. His widow, Tan Poh Neo, is the granddaughter of Tan Hong Khuay, who was mayor of Muntok. The eldest daughter of Mr. Teo Lee was married to Lim Peng N guan , and became the mother of Mr. Lim Nee Soon.

All in the same Tribe.