• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nusa Idaman Community

terencetan1981

Alfrescian
Loyal
terence

btw , did u install alarm and cameras ?

Was rushing for the renovation, the alarm and camera has not been installed yet. In fact the grille just got in 2 days ago and that's why my dad and sis stayed in. ( that's why i think the robber is familiar with the surrounding and suspect it's from the uncompleted semi-D site opposite).
Oh well i can only say Huat ah... considering it's a big angpow for the robber haha.

i called UEM and they direct me to customer service, sale, facilities, handover.... and I'm not familiar with this kind of thing in Malaysia and dont speak malay, feel so helpless..

nameno

Alfrescian
Loyal
terence

btw , did u install alarm and cameras ?

The fact, why need to install alarm and cameras if yours is gated and guarded community?? Doesnt make sense at all. The developer/security firm need to be blamed for this. They should have done more routine patrolling to ensure the precinct are free for any illegal activities.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact, why need to install alarm and cameras if yours is gated and guarded community?? Doesnt make sense at all. The developer/security firm need to be blamed for this. They should have done more routine patrolling to ensure the precinct are free for any illegal activities.

Welcome to malaysia .

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was rushing for the renovation, the alarm and camera has not been installed yet. In fact the grille just got in 2 days ago and that's why my dad and sis stayed in. ( that's why i think the robber is familiar with the surrounding and suspect it's from the uncompleted semi-D site opposite).
Oh well i can only say Huat ah... considering it's a big angpow for the robber haha.

i called UEM and they direct me to customer service, sale, facilities, handover.... and I'm not familiar with this kind of thing in Malaysia and dont speak malay, feel so helpless..

So sorry to hear that bro. Lucky no harm done to ur loved ones. What else can we do as residents short of doing guard duty at our own compound?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome to malaysia .

u also know how to li siao ppl... titter.gif

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Im in precinct 5. My house was broken in yesterday midnight. 3 robbers believed to be the construction workers tied up my father and 2 nieces and took all the cash and valuables. It was such a traumatized experience when i have just moved in less than a week after renovation and installation of grille. together with the other two, my house is the third case in a month. I wonder if there is anything we can do about it.

So sorry to hear about this, it is a nightmare that everyone here fears.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Im in precinct 5. My house was broken in yesterday midnight. 3 robbers believed to be the construction workers tied up my father and 2 nieces and took all the cash and valuables. It was such a traumatized experience when i have just moved in less than a week after renovation and installation of grille. together with the other two, my house is the third case in a month. I wonder if there is anything we can do about it.

Hi bro,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope your dad and nieces are coping well. I can't imagine how it must feel for them and you.

Just wondering, if you would be able to share how they broke in, because there's obviously a weakness in the house security. Even though I bought a house in a G&G environment, but being a Msian, I know how things are and it's not enough to rely of the fence and the guards.

terencetan1981

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope your dad and nieces are coping well. I can't imagine how it must feel for them and you.

Just wondering, if you would be able to share how they broke in, because there's obviously a weakness in the house security. Even though I bought a house in a G&G environment, but being a Msian, I know how things are and it's not enough to rely of the fence and the guards.

Thanks everyone for concerns and care. my family members are all fine.

I am thankful that the P5 committees take great care on the safety of the precinct. They had convinced the developer to set up fencing at the border of the construction site. ( will see if the developer really do what they promised), they have deploy additional guard on the perimeter too.

To answer how the robber gets in:
The police investigation found a mark at the back of hoarding near my house (that segregate the P7 construction site and P5) which the robber subsequently ripped through into the compound. they brought big screwdriver, nail puller and robe. They forced open the locked grille door at the back and entered my house.

From the incident i learnt:-
1. Never underestimate the robber just because we are in a guarded living. CCTV and alarm is just as essential as non-guarded area. my bad.
2. Open concept design is good but it facilitates robber surveillance on your house.
3. You can't move the developer, your committee can.
4. Do not stay in until your house is equipped fully with security system.
5. Get your grille contractor to design secrete lock where the robber cannot find. e.g - a blocking hook behind the door.
6. Design your secrete compartment where you store your bulk money and precious woman accessories.
7. Report to police if you see indonesian workers loitering near the stretch of banks in front of Giant selling handphones. My sis's friend says you are able to see them at times. (oh well you've done your due diligence when you report)

Ironically, on the very next day the newspaper reported a robber case at Gelang Patah where the owner was injured by Parang Knife and it makes me feel on hindsight, my case is lucky... i nonetheless think it's important to tell my case as an alert and share point for safer living in NI :smile: Happy Chinese New Year!

SNSD2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Terence, thanks for your sharing and the reminder that security should not be taken for granted even in a G & G estate.

Best is not to keep any valuables or cash in the house especially if yours is a weekend home.

Booga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please do keep some $ for them and hide in few places.
They will hurt you if no $ or valuables to be found in the home and they will ask for more if not enough.
These are what i heard from victims.
So just give it to them and ask them not to hurt you and your family.
Safety first ya!

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal

Where was security doing ?

Taryn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knows part time helpers that work around the Nusa Idaman area? Can you share the numbers? Thank you. I know Wuqi shared them some time ago but no matter how I dig the threads I can no longer find them.

Taryn

Alfrescian
Loyal
So sorry to hear this. Hope you and your family are better now. Hearing such stories always make me so jittery.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Hi terence, so sorry to hear about this. Police report and getting the developer involved (i saw you did with committee already)
The only silver lining is no one got hurt. Crime will happen everywhere so best way is to do the best you can and yield where one has no choice.

Electric fences, passive obstacles are good to slow them down, counter surveillance may be required for areas where cars containing safe looking groups
like folks with children and women should also be checked on. CCTV, IR sensors on the fence as well as floodlights that are activated via motion sensors may also help. There are even floodlights with solar power that are useful, can be used for temporary breaches and quick to install and deploy. One should always keep things in perspective, if its too dangerous and no one else bothers, then i would move.

There was an old case where 3 Indonesian workers were detected by a vigilant homeowner who were observed to be illegally staying at an unfinished house that they were working on. Different groups of guards were contacted, activated and rushed the place. It may sometimes be useful to ask politely if maids in neighbouring houses has seen anyone suspicious lurking around. Things may have been easily turned out otherwise if no one gave a thought to their own safety as well as that of their neighbours.

No one and no place is free of crime no matter how much news of it is suppressed. Not publishing it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Good to have a panic room where it could be somewhere easily acessible in times of emergency and can be secured from the inside.
I would humbly recommend to have a place like that in any country that one goes to.

Even in a HDB with an air raid shelter or store room, setting up such that the main door handle is removable in an emergency (make it child proof though) so that you can remove the handle, run inside and have a small phone cabled up inside to call for help if required(some newer HDB has phone jacks inside).

A personal alarm or an air horn worked by a manual hand pump is also useful if has it to call for help pointing at the air vents. In indoors, long weapons like parangs/swords are at a disadvantage, shorter weapns have their advantage here, even telescopic batons (make sure solid type).

As always fight only if violence cannot be prevented/life is being threatened and yield when its only money at stake. Money can be made back tomorrow by you are no replaceable. Even if one has overwhelming advantage in terms of gear, always advocate peace first and a fierce decisive offence if there is really no other way/self defence.

Barbed or concertina wire (450-750mm) are good for securing outer fences or on top of existing anti-climb fences and areas where no one should be near are pretty useful and can be quickly deployed in areas where construction may temporarily compromise the security of an area. Securing an areas doesn't have to be expensive at all.

Fencing:
http://panpages.my/listings/my223956-kimmu-trading-sdn-bhd

Easy to install alarms:
http://www.groupon.my/deals/national-deal/rainbow-collection/716324663

Light sensors (for indoor/staircases) or for back gate areas where there is shelter for such lights (can buy them at selfix/home fix)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-SpotOn-Motion-Sensor-One-Pack/dp/B000PVX678

Cheaper alternatives to secure windows are in Daiso where they have stoppers for sliding windows as well as very affordable magnetic alarms which are useful for securing small areas quickly.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi

Thanks for yr advice!

Btw , some updates : 8B owners will be receiving the VP letters soon , UEM have started sending out for the semi d owners since last week , mine was the 2nd batch letters sent out on Monday .

Time to buy household things and visit Persada Perfect living home fair on 8-11 Mar 2013.

Enjoy renovations process !