• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nusa Idaman Community

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe banks in Malaysia can have access to our Singapore credit bureau report (probably at a fee). When I purchased my credit report, I noticed that one of the bank in Malaysia that I was talking to had made query on my credit status. Certain information about our credit history or overseas property purchase may not be confidential after all.

http://www.creditbureau.com.sg/faq_cbsinformation.html

Answer to Q3 says no.

teanotcoffee09

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for the info.

However, it was stated in my credit report 'Previous Enquiries' section that the name of the bank that made queries on my credit status; date of enquiry; and its purpose of enquiries (real estate loan). This leads me to think that banks or financial institution can make queries on our credit status.

Could it be that they make queries through their Singapore branch?

Last edited:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the info.

However, it was stated in my credit report 'Previous Enquiries' section that the name of the bank that made queries on my credit status; date of enquiry; and its purpose of enquiries (real estate loan). This leads me to think that banks or financial institution can make queries on our credit status.

Unless they clarify properly, i think there is a breach of the CBS code of conduct. Best you make a formal complaint to the CBS.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the info.

Unless they clarify properly, i think there is a breach of the CBS code of conduct. Best you make a formal complaint to the CBS.

teanotcoffee09

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably there was a clause that I signed previously that gave them permission to check my credit status without me realizing it. No matter what we have to exercise great caution when dealing with hdb regulations.

A friend of mine does all money exchange and transfer to his malaysian home loan account personally. This is to avoid leaving any paper trial.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably there was a clause that I signed previously that gave them permission to check my credit status without me realizing it. No matter what we have to exercise great caution when dealing with hdb regulations.

A friend of mine does all money exchange and transfer to his malaysian home loan account personally. This is to avoid leaving any paper trial.

Check this out, this is an eye opener!! -> http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?113721-Newbie-questions&p=1377477#post1377477

yahoo1234

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is getting harder for non-malaysian to buy subsale from Nusa Idaman. Why? Bank valuation is much lower than market asking price. For example NI Precinct 7A is asking for RM600-650k but bank valuation is only at RM500-550k. Also most can only get 70% loan margin. The price different between market asking price and bank valuation is getting wider each day especially after the news on capping property price to RM1mil for non-malaysian buying into Iskandar. I was told that foreigner can no longer buy into the new phases because NI foreigner quota is fully sold from the previous phases.

Unless you have substantial amount of cash in hand. I would say around RM200-300k to be able to buy a new subsale unit in NI such as precinct 7A and 8A. Else if it is not a must to buy a house now then another alternative is to rent first but the risk is that you might not be able to buy any porperty that is below RM1mil later.

A very tricky situation for those who are in this situation.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think all subsale are having such prob leh .... usually bank valuation is much lower ....e last time i asked abt HH also 90k-100k diff ....
no chance , those who cant wait have to pay more for COV ...

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is getting harder for non-malaysian to buy subsale from Nusa Idaman. Why? Bank valuation is much lower than market asking price. For example NI Precinct 7A is asking for RM600-650k but bank valuation is only at RM500-550k. Also most can only get 70% loan margin. The price different between market asking price and bank valuation is getting wider each day especially after the news on capping property price to RM1mil for non-malaysian buying into Iskandar. I was told that foreigner can no longer buy into the new phases because NI foreigner quota is fully sold from the previous phases.

Unless you have substantial amount of cash in hand. I would say around RM200-300k to be able to buy a new subsale unit in NI such as precinct 7A and 8A. Else if it is not a must to buy a house now then another alternative is to rent first but the risk is that you might not be able to buy any porperty that is below RM1mil later.

A very tricky situation for those who are in this situation.
So no value one oh for NI's house?

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it's possible to get a higher valuation if the buyer goes to enough banks; try those which are less popular like OUB or RHB.

Alternatively, need to have the cash. My house buyer needs around RM300k cash to buy my corner unit, based on my calculation.

yahoo1234

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think all subsale are having such prob leh .... usually bank valuation is much lower ....e last time i asked abt HH also 90k-100k diff ....
no chance , those who cant wait have to pay more for COV ...

Which means those who plan to buy a decent G&G in Nusajaya should have min RM200k cash in hand. The required cash increase from NI (RM200-300k) to HH (RM300-500k) then to EL (RM500k and above)

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which means those who plan to buy a decent G&G in Nusajaya should have min RM200k cash in hand. The required cash increase from NI (RM200-300k) to HH (RM300-500k) then to EL (RM500k and above)

Its hard to estimate unless you really start zooming into certain properties you like. Like the in HH facebook page someone zoomed into a HH gateway 20x70 intermediate house asking price of 680k but he got it down to 600k, not too sure what's the bank's valuation, i would think not more than 100k in this case.

On the flipside, buying resale means you see what you get and the house comes with fixtures and fittings. If its already reasonably renovated, saves you hassle from major reno work. The COV could be worth it.

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
My contractor showed me an ID plan, exterior and interior works of a house that he is doing. I must say we regretted not using his ID team. The proposed plans are really something, some brilliant ideas put into plans and enhancements to the exterior and proposed interior changes are just so beautiful. They will turned the house into a resort living home.

nameno

Alfrescian
Loyal
My contractor showed me an ID plan, exterior and interior works of a house that he is doing. I must say we regretted not using his ID team. The proposed plans are really something, some brilliant ideas put into plans and enhancements to the exterior and proposed interior changes are just so beautiful. They will turned the house into a resort living home.

Hi SandySwee, can u pls PM me the contractor contact no? Currently, I'm looking around for renovation contractor for my unit in NI

SNSD2

Alfrescian
Loyal

After numerous experiences with such contractors, my advice is to take their proposed plans with a pinch of salt. They can promise you the sky but fail to deliver. So best is not just to see the plans or photographs but to see the actual past projects . And never, never pay them in full before all rectifications of project are done.

Seriously I will not recommend anyone until the project is fully completed and satisfactorily done according to plans. :smile:

Last edited:

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can contact victor from zest design & construction. His no : 0189057678 or email [email protected]. Good luck and take heed of what snsd2 said. Generally, he is good and I don't think any of us will pay for work that's not completed. Quite standard before works start, the contractor takes 30% and rest is progress payment. Pay according to his progress or completed works.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Crystal, just saw ur pm. sorry I dun log in as often these days.
Think you're approaching handover soon right? How does it feel? :smile:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Crystal, just saw ur pm. sorry I dun log in as often these days.
Think you're approaching handover soon right? How does it feel? :smile:

hey euphony , nice to hear from u again!
yes , i think at least another 2 mths keys will be hand over .... now busy shopping online to buy stuff ! haha ....
wat abt u ? everything gd ?
email me ?

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I put this in the Reno Thread also:

Contractor quoted 8500rm for whole house (3 storey semi-d) painting including wall perimeter. Not sure price is reasonable or not. Any comments?