• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NUS rejected my son – have to sell house

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>Coffeeshop Chit Chat - NUS rejected my son – have to sell house</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>higgs123 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>6:55 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(1 of 4) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>53985.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD id=msgtxt_1 class=msgtxt>NUS rejected my son – have to sell house to send him overseas
July 13th, 2011 | Author: Contributions
My son had GCE ‘A’ 4 straight As with ‘S’ papers in his ‘A’-level but was rejected by NUS medicine. He applied and was accepted by many medical schools in the UK, Australia and Ireland. He finally accepted one of the top medical schools in the UK.
I sold my house to support him and have the never regretted doing that. He is now in his clinical year and is happy with his pace and style in UK teaching. He has also settled down well and has decided not to come back as he does not owe the govt anything. We have the f..king PAP government to thank for losing my only son to a foreign country in place of its f..king foreign trash policy.
We will never never vote for the PAP again. Thank you once again f..king PAP!
Fairness
* This comment was first posted on the thread ‘56 percent of NTU faculty are foreigners from 56 countries worldwide’ (http://www.temasekreview.com/2011/0...ty-are-foreigners-from-56-countries-worldwide/).
</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"></TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=center> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP will not educate your sons and daughters for they know that eventually we will vote them out of power.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good investment. In a few years the son can sponsor the parents & they can quit Spore with their CPF :rolleyes:

Suggest wives who are expecting, go to Aust, Canada, US, etc & have their babies there. When the kids grow up they have the choice to by pass NS.

Knew a Sporean who's 2 kids are american citizens because he & wife did that.:smile:

AhBeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP is gone by the next election according my statistics calculations. All the ministers should all be migrating to other countriess.

I was one of the person just like your son, went to study abroad and today own companies and have progressed to multi-millionaires by the age 40 years old. Today, playing with millions, I have no regret leaving Singapore. Singaporeans are very afraid to leave Singapore because they are used to the environment in Singapore and they have all their friends. I stayed after completing my education and was good potential candidate in SIngapore as a PAP dog, as I was with the Grassroots.....thinking of joining the PAP.......

As far as I am concern Singapore has lost a very good entrepeneur who thinks out of the box, and has great potential of surviving as the best. I am almost becoming a big construction company as Far East......but with better quality housing.

LKY did what he needed to and lost a lot of good people he could have beside him as a team.........I consider a lost for Singapore since I migrated...........just like your son.......he will do better in UK.....believe me.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PAP is gone by the next election according my statistics calculations. All the ministers should all be migrating to other countriess.

I was one of the person just like your son, went to study abroad and today own companies and have progressed to multi-millionaires by the age 40 years old. Today, playing with millions, I have no regret leaving Singapore. Singaporeans are very afraid to leave Singapore because they are used to the environment in Singapore and they have all their friends. I stayed after completing my education and was good potential candidate in SIngapore as a PAP dog, as I was with the Grassroots.....thinking of joining the PAP.......

As far as I am concern Singapore has lost a very good entrepeneur who thinks out of the box, and has great potential of surviving as the best. I am almost becoming a big construction company as Far East......but with better quality housing.

LKY did what he needed to and lost a lot of good people he could have beside him as a team.........I consider a lost for Singapore since I migrated...........just like your son.......he will do better in UK.....believe me.

hi there

1. bro, well done man!
2. yes, never look back too.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

==

bro...if you still feel for Singapore (note I say this piece of land call Singapore not whoever is ruling it)...come back and contest as an opposition.

bommelnazi

I want to sell my house but how do I know the land value in my area? I have a whole house full of furniture, which I need to sell.What sites do I go to?I don't have time to place ads, and I need the money straight away.I am thinking about earning some money by selling my house.

Sell House Fast

R

Red Squadron

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

AhBeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you Brother. Hope to hear from you soon.........are u in Singapore or overseas?:biggrin:

AhBeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
==

bro...if you still feel for Singapore (note I say this piece of land call Singapore not whoever is ruling it)...come back and contest as an opposition.

I don't know whether I want to do that. Been away for too long, might not like the PAP culture......although it might be nice to participate in the politics.

I am actually planning to rally in the politics in the country I live now....and might be back in Singapore as a minister of my present country......and meet the PAP and laugh at their monkey business in Singapore.

I also gave up Singapore citizenship, as I was not proud of being a Sinagporean anymore.....but I am proud of the new country that I am a citizen of.

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good investment. In a few years the son can sponsor the parents & they can quit Spore with their CPF :rolleyes:

Suggest wives who are expecting, go to Aust, Canada, US, etc & have their babies there. When the kids grow up they have the choice to by pass NS.

Knew a Sporean who's 2 kids are american citizens because he & wife did that.:smile:

Good investment?

when the son become doctor....he'll sent his 'stupid love for son blind parents' to JB old folks home...

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
4As and cannot get in? What is your son GP and Chinese score? Is it fail GP? Don't give half story.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good investment?

when the son become doctor....he'll sent his 'stupid love for son blind parents' to JB old folks home...

Financial pressures may force some children to do that but if they can sponsor their parents into US, Canada, etc, the parents can have a new lease on life in a foreign land.

Doctors in US & Canada are one of the highest paid occupations you can have. My Canadian bone doctor had his own practise & took loooong holidays. However when he was working he had lots of patients waiting for hip replacements, fractures ......, to attend to.

In Canada you can see many mom & pop stores owned by Koreans, indians, .... If you have no experience simply buy a 7-11 franchise store & let the family help out in the running of the store. I suspect most of them do it to keep busy as their sons/daughter have other day jobs.

Housing & medical costs are not a killer like in Spore & uncles/aunties are still seen as productive citizens unlike in Spore where they are discarded once your in your 40+ :rolleyes:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP will not educate your sons and daughters for they know that eventually we will vote them out of power.

Quite agree. Next election few more vote from the family die die will vote Opposition regardless the opposition candidate.