• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious NUS is really political

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...cherian-george-s-talk-delayed-due-to-10041748

he approval for a talk by Hong Kong-based academic Cherian George at the National University of Singapore (NUS) last Friday (Mar 9) was delayed due to "an oversight" and he has accepted an invitation to give a talk later this month, the university said on Wednesday.

In a blog post last Friday, Prof George, who is a Singapore citizen, wrote that he was invited in December last year to deliver a public lecture at NUS but the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences received approval for the event only on the day itself, a development he described as "the punchline to a bad joke".

He wrote: "It’s Friday 9 March. My calendar tells me I’m supposed to be delivering a lecture today at the National University of Singapore. The view from my window tells me I never left Hong Kong. My host was unable to go ahead with the event because official approval was not forthcoming — until 3pm today."

A few days prior to the scheduled talk, Prof George said that he "was forced to" decline, since there was no longer time to make travel arrangements and publicise the lecture.

He was also told that "all visitors to the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences [FASS] are subject to screening", he wrote.

Lucky he never book or money would have been wasted.

Who is "approving" his talk?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have they not heard of teleconferencing?..they must be one step ahead of these 'animals' by having Plan, A, B, or C....one step ahead of what they already know, the authorities here. Why are people not smart to play the game? no wonder they get screwed all the time...one step ahead!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have they not heard of teleconferencing?..they must be one step ahead of these 'animals' by having Plan, A, B, or C....one step ahead of what they already know, the authorities here. Why are people not smart to play the game? no wonder they get screwed all the time...one step ahead!
I think they block that as well

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's a Singaporean but what's he doing in Hong Kong and not in Singapore waiting for the approval?

Last edited:

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very good another opportunity for fat fuck Kirsten han to stir shit and write article to foreign media to earn some Kopi money and fuck Singapore at the same time.

IMG_3165.jpg

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
......NUS said: "We regret that our internal administrative process took longer than expected due to an oversight, leading to this unfortunate incident."
Is this included in the university ranking criteria-ability to organise things/event ect2 on time?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
......NUS said: "We regret that our internal administrative process took longer than expected due to an oversight, leading to this unfortunate incident."
Is this included in the university ranking criteria-ability to organise things/event ect2 on time?
You still believe in this shit?