• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nus begging day

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you guys see those undergrad wearing yellow t shirts todays ?
I saw NUSSU (NUS STUDENT UNION)... I supposed today is NUS Flag Day again....

Every year I have been wondering, why they have nothing better to do ?
They objective is to raise funds, why dont they do something better ?
collect newpapers ?
Take over FTs for one day, and do cleaning at Bus Interchange ? Clean shopping centers ? Clean national parks ??

I believe there are at least 1000 undergrads "beggers" today, equal to 1000 man-day ... if they just do any odd jobs, there is about 1000X$40=$40000 in a day.

I think is really stupid to see these adults selling flags to raise fund....damn fxxking stupid idea.

I think is stupid for anyone above 16 to sell flags. I would never donate to anyone above 16

AvalanCh3

Alfrescian
Loyal
i don even care abt them, give them money so that they can give ft schoolarship? the money is not even spend on our own people.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you guys see those undergrad wearing yellow t shirts todays ?
I saw NUSSU (NUS STUDENT UNION)... I supposed today is NUS Flag Day again....

Every year I have been wondering, why they have nothing better to do ?
They objective is to raise funds, why dont they do something better ?
collect newpapers ?
Take over FTs for one day, and do cleaning at Bus Interchange ? Clean shopping centers ? Clean national parks ??

I believe there are at least 1000 undergrads "beggers" today, equal to 1000 man-day ... if they just do any odd jobs, there is about 1000X$40=$40000 in a day.

I think is really stupid to see these adults selling flags to raise fund....damn fxxking stupid idea.

I think is stupid for anyone above 16 to sell flags. I would never donate to anyone above 16

It's kind of a good idea. Like scouts, they would go to your house to offer to clean up something. Problem is that some people abused that and I think it stopped.

tinyplanet

Alfrescian
Loyal
The students are very early ... saw them at Jurong East station slightly before 7am ... the students there with the donation cans seems not daring to approach anyone for donations. Come on, who will want to donate to you when you are making use of the money for your own purposes and probably not to charity.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I asked them what it was and was told that the money is used to help the old folks. So they lied to me? gosh!! I wonder why NUS students need to lie to get money. We already have so many charity CEO lying but...I can't believe students are thought similar method to solicit funds from public.:mad:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I asked them what it was and was told that the money is used to help the old folks. So they lied to me? gosh!! I wonder why NUS students need to lie to get money. We already have so many charity CEO lying but...I can't believe students are thought similar method to solicit funds from public.:mad:

Perhaps they didn't know? Or didn't pay attention to who were the beneficiaries. I wouldn't be surprised.

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
i thought it was for NUS fund ??

anyway, for whatever purpose... is not the point here.

the point is... why waste the effort by selling flag ?
why cant they do something else to earn the money ?

i got nothing against selling flag if they are kids, but not for adults.

they purpose is to raise money, i'm sure there are many better ways to earn more money in one day. dont forget these undergrad are about 19-22 years old, right ? and they are educated !!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never encounter them. Because sledom take public transport. Always suck poor people money those taking BUS and MRT. Maybe they should walk around in landed property.