• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NUH to give free Health Screening to Pinoys this Sunday..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NUH offer free health screening to All Pinoys as part of its celebration for Pinoy's Independence Day
pinoycelebrate.jpg

http://temasektimes.wordpress.com/

A massive outcry has erupted in cyberspace at NUH’s offer of free health screening and dental checkup for pinoys this coming Sunday at Suntec City as part of its celebration for the Filipino Independence Day.

According to an announcement made by the Pinoy Independence Day Council (PIDC) Singapore on its Facebook, NUH will be providing doctors to provide FREE basic medical consultation and dental services for the pinoy community in Singapore.

The ‘kind’ gesture by NUH did not go down too well with some Singaporeans who wondered why no similar health screenings were organized for Singaporeans on National Day in the past.

Kevin Goh asked on Facebook if public resources are being used for the event:

“To MOH : If NUH is a fully private hospital, “I don’t care” If not, Pls account for the cost of this generous gesture…”

Chris Tan was not impressed:

“What the hell is this? Creating a event in public for their own independence day, and now NUH is giving them free check up. Did i see all these on singapore national day? This is singapore!!! Not yr pinoyland.”

Liu Zhanhong asked why NUH is not helping needy Singaporeans instead:

“Even if its a community service initiative, does it makes sense to do community service for foreigners in your own land instead of serving your less-privileged countrymen? I’m confused. Please enlighten me on the rationale behind this initiative.”

Meanwhile, Singaporeans are ‘advised’ to stay clear of Suntec City this coming Sunday as it is likely to be converted into a ‘mini-Manila’ with large number of pinoys expected to congregate there to celebrate their ‘Independence Day’:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. how about chin day, ah neh day, myanmar day, thai day etc?
3. why only pinoys!
4. why kosong on sheep day?
5. nuh sucks!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pinay pub gals suspected of having some VD disease should take this opportunity to go to Suntec City this Sunday to have their cunts checked by the NUH doctors there..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What a relief! I was so afraid that foreigners would be mistreated in Singapore. :rolleyes:

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. how about chin day, ah neh day, myanmar day, thai day etc?
3. why only pinoys!
4. why kosong on sheep day?
5. nuh sucks!

NUH should also hold this kind of free health screening for the India Ah Nehs during their nations's Independence day on August..

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As much as I detest the swarms of Pinoys on this island and NUH being one of the two shit hospitals (the other is CGH), the checkup was probably paid for by the Filipino embassy or some other organization. No Singapore tax dollars are involved. There is no free lunch, and there is certainly no free health checkup. Someone is paying.

B

Baluku

This is downright discriminatory.

Only Pinoys got health problems is it?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Utterly disgraceful. 5 decades of preaching against welfarism, the need to pay for everything and they do this not for their own countrymen and women, it is a to select community.

This requires an inquiry and an explanation from NUS. I wonder what they were thinking when they made this decision. Obviously they did not have any idea of the political landscape that is brewing. Trust these chaps to sell condoms to the Vatican.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pinay pub gals suspected of having some VD disease should take this opportunity to go to Suntec City this Sunday to have their cunts checked by the NUH doctors there..

After they have open their pukis, we have to fumigate Suntec City....:biggrin:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

CouLd this be an indirect pLoy by the MOH to ring-fence these Pinays ?; so as to start registering them Like
GL chicks ?..:wink:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am so fucking mad. So exasperated that I had to post this to release the pressure valve. 20 years ago, we sent a Dentist and a dental nurse to some remote village in the Philippines at the request of a Mariam Santiago or soeming who was an influential senator. The Dentist thought he was saving the world not realising that besides feeding his dopamine crave, it was a suck job for a base.

Now they are doing it here for fuck?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if nothing is paid by NUH or Singapore, surely there is an opportunity cost involved here. The dentists are being called away one day/half day to attend to foreigners when they are paid by NUH to take care of own patients first. Their absence cost something for the patients.

Even if the Pinoy govt has paid for rental of the venue, the per diem of the dentists and staff and eqpt (I hope?), who pays for patient's losses in not being able to see their dentists on/for the day?

As much as I detest the swarms of Pinoys on this island and NUH being one of the two shit hospitals (the other is CGH), the checkup was probably paid for by the Filipino embassy or some other organization. No Singapore tax dollars are involved. There is no free lunch, and there is certainly no free health checkup. Someone is paying.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
This is a NUH media release in 2009, I think the CEO is still the same person.

Media Release
28 February 2009
For immediate release

National University Hospital Appoints New CEO

Mr Joe Sim has been appointed the National University Hospital’s (NUH) Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with effect from 1 March 2009.
He started his career with the Singapore Administrative Service where he held various postings in organisations including the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Defence and the Community Development Council. Mr Sim also had a stint inn the private sector when he set up an e-business consultancy company, and joined a consultancy firm where he was a lead or key member of various projects.
No stranger to the public healthcare sector, Mr Sim joined the National Healthcare Group (NHG) as its Chief Corporate Development Officer in 2002 where he was responsible for strategic planning and led various projects including the implementation of a cluster-wide enterprise IT system to harmonise hospital operations, finance, materials management and billing processes across all NHG institutions and business units.
From August 2008, Mr Sim was Acting CEO and concurrently Chief Operating Officer (COO), a position he has held since June 2006. He oversees the strategic planning and operations of the 960-bed tertiary hospital. He is also leading the NUH Redevelopment Masterplan to provide infrastructure growth for NUH to cater to increasing healthcare needs. NUH developed the NUH Way, a holistic framework to continually improve internal processes, reduce waste and deliver safer care with better outcomes for patients with Mr Sim’s dedicated involvement. Many of these initiatives have led to financial savings, better services and improved safety and outcomes for patients.
“Over the past years, Joe has implemented several initiatives that helped to enhance patient care. We are confident that he will build on the strong operational and clinical foundation at NUH as he steers the hospital forward to shape medicine for the future,” said Associate Professor Benjamin Ong, Chief Executive, National University Health System.
Mr Sim, who is looking forward to the challenge, enthused, “With the increasing demands and challenges of Singapore’s healthcare needs, as well as the set-up of the two new national centres for heart and cancer treatment, the hospital is embarking on an exciting phase. I am honoured to be entrusted with the responsibility of leading NUH to chart new frontiers and bring it to the next level of excellence in our mission.”
Mr Noel Cheah will take over Mr Joe Sim as COO of NUH. Mr Cheah possesses extensive senior leadership and management experience gained in the course of his previous career with the Singapore Armed Forces.
-End-