• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ntu prc scholar: 50 percent of my schoolmates break their bonds and return to china f

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The percentage of foreign scholars breaking their bonds and leaving Singapore for good each year is a tightly kept ‘state secret’ for a long time, but a report published in a Chinese news portal may shed some light on it.

chinanews.com carried a feature in January this year on the plight of PRC scholars studying in Singapore who were left in limbo after the government halted its usual practice of sending them invitation letters to apply for Singapore PR upon graduation.

Without the letter, it is more difficult for these scholars to find a stable well-paying job in Singapore.

24 year old Dong Zhi Hong (董志鸿) graduated from Shenyang University in 2009 and came to study his Masters in Nanyang Technological University on a Singapore government scholarship which required him to work in Singapore for three years upon graduation.

Unfortunately, because of the abrupt change in policies, Mr Dong did not receive the PR invitation letter when he graduated in 2010 which left him without a proper ‘status’ for a period of time.

Speaking to chinanews.com, he said:

“About 50 percent of my schoolmates did not serve their bonds with the government and return to China. They won’t be coming back in the future either.”

(“大概50%的同学没有履行合约就回国了,未来他们也不特别想回来。”)

Mr Dong did not reveal if the bond-breakers were made to pay damages to the Singapore government like local scholars who broke bonds, but one thing for sure, they were not ‘shamed’ publicly as the shocking news was censored by the state media.

Senior Parliamentary Secretary, Ministry of Education & Ministry of Law Ms Sim Ann revealed recently in Parliament that the Singapore government spends some $36 million dollars on scholarships to over two thousand students each year, or about S$174,000 per scholar.

Till today, nobody knows the number of foreign scholars who left Singapore for good each year either after serving their bonds or breaking their bonds halfway to do so.

With NUS PRC scholar Sun Xu being let off the ‘hook’ by NUS and allowed to graduate this year, he can simply return to China for good without serving his bond and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Ntu prc scholar: 50 percent of my schoolmates break their bonds and return to chi

So they studied at our expense and got the degree they wanted....They must be laughing all the way back to China!!

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Re: Ntu prc scholar: 50 percent of my schoolmates break their bonds and return to chi

Senior Parliamentary Secretary, Ministry of Education & Ministry of Law Ms Sim Ann revealed recently in Parliament that the Singapore government spends some $36 million dollars on scholarships to over two thousand students each year, or about S$174,000 per scholar.

S$174,000 per scholar per year is a staggering sum of money.

Besides school fees, are they house in penthouse and dine in fine restaurant? How come so much?

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I sincerely hope more such news can be heard and seen by more Sg people.. to get them to ask, "why use our money to feed these ingrates?" and then ask, "who approved these scholarships in the first place for foreigners?"

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When you have fuckers like LBW, KBW, Amy Khor who are also the same chao kuan doing the policies, you get fucked. You deport these fuckers back to Malaysia, half the problem solved.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I sincerely hope more such news can be heard and seen by more Sg people.. to get them to ask, "why use our money to feed these ingrates?" and then ask, "who approved these scholarships in the first place for foreigners?"

Send this news to Aljazeerah, Freedom House and Reporters with Borders to start. The current strategy is a political control of the serfs by using taxpayer monies to put down locals. This is citizen cleansing.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

So they studied at our expense and got the degree they wanted....They must be laughing all the way back to China!!

hi there

1. bro bingo!
2. dafter sheep suck big time.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

walaneh, ini macham pun boleh ah ?:confused::mad:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't think many of them are laughing as their original intend was to use SPR as spring board to get out of China permanently. Just like many Sinkies who studied in overseas uni, many of them are looking forward to obtain the PR of the host countries.

Nowadays China is full of graduates, so they will also find it tough to survive in China. And they have wasted two years to study for a useless masters degree.

Thus the poorly thought through PAP policy has not just screwed sinkies, but even the foreigners too :eek:

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal

S$174,000 per scholar per year is a staggering sum of money.

Besides school fees, are they house in penthouse and dine in fine restaurant? How come so much?

Staggering amount on money spent on non-citizen....

My nephew ..in his 6 yr Phd..has to write a 12 pages proposal to get US$800 for his research grant to enable him to do experiment...

Sometimes, he has to pay out of his own pocket...

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fucking Chee Bye PAP! :oIo:

Calm down being vulgar would not help your case.

It will be much better to collect ALL the ammos and fire them out to all the presses around the World including the many local media when ..

2016 erection is within weeks to polling day!

Sinkie need to pull out all the dirty secets including the losses of hard earned Sinkie blood sweat money as 'investment losses'!:biggrin:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Calm down being vulgar would not help your case.

It will be much better to collect ALL the ammos and fire them out to all the presses around the World including the many local media when ..

2016 erection is within weeks to polling day!

Sinkie need to pull out all the dirty secets including the losses of hard earned Sinkie blood sweat money as 'investment losses'!:biggrin:

I m so bloody disgusted with all these craps that i no longer want to say anything more than cursing them.

songsongpunggol

Alfrescian
Loyal

nevermind lah! our ancestors came from china.

50% of the population lived below poverty line. that is a cool 700 million people.

only through education they get escape from poverty.

just help our mother and fatherland lah!! dun be petty and meow!

饮水思源!!血浓过于水!

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Staggering amount on money spent on non-citizen....

My nephew ..in his 6 yr Phd..has to write a 12 pages proposal to get US$800 for his research grant to enable him to do experiment...

Sometimes, he has to pay out of his own pocket...

Whom did you vote for? whom did your nephew voted for? that will answer your complaint!

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

I m so bloody disgusted with all these craps that i no longer want to say anything more than cursing them.
Imagine the PAP wasted sinkie money, and managed to make both sinkies and the foreigners angry. Only NUS and NTU happy.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sinkie tax payer money SG gov bo chap if the money from the minister salary then will be different. I sure no minister willing to pay from their own pocket.