• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSP's Nicole Seah now 2nd most 'liked' politician in 6 days

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
NSP's Nicole Seah now 2nd most 'liked' politician
By Chua Hian Hou

SIX DAYS after starting her Facebook profile, National Solidarity Party (NSP) candidate Nicole Seah is now Singapore's second most popular politician online after Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew.

As of 11pm yesterday, the 24-year-old opposition candidate had amassed 20,000 fans against Mr Lee's 54,000 fans.

Earlier in the day, she overtook previous runner-up Foreign Minister George Yeo, who has 18,700 fans.

Only Miss Seah and Mr Yeo are, however, active on the social networking site used by one in two Singaporeans. Mr Lee's page is not actively maintained and has limited content.

Some other prominent politicians online include Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong, who is known to post comments via the People's Action Party's Marine Parade Facebook account MParader.

Within the ruling party, Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean has 1,000 fans, National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan has 1,200 fans, and new face Tin Pei Ling has 2,750 fans.

On the opposition side, Workers' Party chairman Sylvia Lim has 2,250 fans, while the Singapore Democratic Party's Chee Soon Juan has 1,200 fans.

Asked whether she thought online popularity translates into votes, Miss Seah replied: 'This is a watershed election for social media, and how this will translate into votes is anybody's guess. We need to integrate online platforms with offline outreach to make a strong impact.'

Miss Seah is part of the NSP team contesting against SM Goh's team in Marine Parade GRC.

Asked the same question, Mr Yeo was more definite.

Online popularity, he declared, does have a bearing on votes. 'The question is: How much?'

Fans - and how they fare

MINISTER MENTOR LEE KUAN YEW: 54,000 fans (2 years)

NSP CANDIDATE NICOLE SEAH: 20,000 (6 days)

FOREIGN MINISTER GEORGE YEO: 18,700 (2 years)

PAP NEW FACE TIN PEI LING: 2,750

WORKERS' PARTY CHAIRMAN

SYLVIA LIM: 2,250

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT MINISTER MAH BOW TAN: 1,200

SINGAPORE DEMOCRATIC PARTY LEADER CHEE SOON JUAN: 1,200

DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER TEO CHEE HEAN: 1,000

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SIX DAYS after starting her Facebook profile, National Solidarity Party (NSP) candidate Nicole Seah is now Singapore's second most popular politician online after Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew.

Why must say "After old fart", must be from the worthless SInkieTimes paper... Even at the last min still have to lick balls, their tongue really so stink by now after years of dirty ball licking. How low can a sinkie get just to get a salary.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not surprise! this nicole is a talent and she has the flair of being a very outstanding politician. look at the way she talk, not even camrea shy, easily beat any old and new pigs from pap and wp,except chen shao mao. these 2 are the ones worth watching.
and i dun understand why wp's new candidate also resort to crying, see already i sibeh sian. minus marks for wp.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you really see how popular a person is based on the number of friends in Facebook?

Some people add just to taunt the other person. I see many opposition supporter also befriended MIW in FB but they do so to ask questions and disturb them.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NS is rare talent in Singapore. Dare to speak and can debate in rational manner.
Even she lost this election. I expected in next election she will win because gain knowledge and mature.
I expected she will be in Parliament even if lose will have NCMP seat chances very high.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
I expected she will be in Parliament even if lose will have NCMP seat chances very high.

I hope, rather than expect that she will have a NCMP seat.

It is clear that her team will faced an insurmountable challenge with the GCT's team. Therefore, I can only hope that her team will garner sufficient votes to make it to the NCMP route.

If their team do get the opportunity to select one team member to be NCMP, one wonders whether
(a) NSP will let her be the NCMP representative (which would do good for NSP, esp. come GE2016) or
(b) perhaps her role in GE2011 is merely a vote magnet for NSP and that someone is already designated to 'usurp' her place, which I know she will still graciously accept - despite protests from netizens.

If the outcome is the latter, then it would be a short-term win for NSP, but long term lost for future elections, possibly losing Nicole to another party come GE2016 (assuming that she is still interested in politics by then).

In the meantime, Go Nicole Go.

2011-Nicole-Seah.jpg

jw5

Loyal
why never include Lim Biow Chuan's fans? I thot its also hovering above 20K?

At least we know that Seah Kian Peng is the flagbearer for filial piety and is Fairprice's CEO.
What does Lim Biow Chuan stand for and what does he do?