• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSP advocates competition for our public transport system

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U mean to tell me Tin Pei Ling was involved in designing the MRT System? OMG

Please lah. U want to blame, blame the right parties involved. LTA design the transport system, Minister of Transport approve the system. That's where you should be blaming. Blaming everyone in the government is ridiculous. Chiam and Low were also part of Government when this was implemented, should we also blame them for not saying anything? Of coz not.

And it depends on Murdoch's involvement in the Phone Hacking, did he know about it and approve of it? If not then yes he should not be blamed I thought it was stupid in the first place to question him. They should be checking on the pple below to assess his involvement before charging him.

If I went tandem Skydiving(which I didn't, I wasn't strapped to any instructor for the dive) and the chute failed to deployed the pple to look for is obviously the guys who pack the chute since I'm assuming the instructor is dead. U think they will blame the pilot of the plane that took us up meh?

When pple reporting to me screws up. Or pple under them screws up, I get scolded/punished coz it's under my responsibility. U think they should sack the CEO, CTO, COO or board of directors coz one of my guys screw up? Of Coz not!!!

Your stupid logic is LTA screw up = so Transport ministry = Transport minister screws up and coz he is part of PAP that means PAP screws up which is stupid. By this kind of stupid definition I can also say Opposition party screw up coz no one stop them and all the voters screw up coz we voted them in.

The blame stops somewhere. Obviously the blame has to stop with pple who are actually involved in the entire process.

==
bro...the reason why one pay big money to the head honchos are because part of their job is take responsibilities for those under them- whether or not they are in knowledge. They are supposed to know, period. Thats why they are paid big bucks.

the world is full of examples - Watergate cause Nixon's downfall, collapse of arthur anderson, how many Japanese PMs left due to cockup of their ministers, Tiger Australia CEO has to leave due to current shit - his fault? , numerous. And this Murdoch scandal, Cameron's position is in jeopardy - due to his links with the police chiefs who indirectly responsible for not opening the files.

When MSK escaped, the minimum that DPM Wong shld have done is to step up and apologised. He did not.

of course, when you say, to a certain extent those high up are responsible depending on extent of the mistake made. But in this case of unhappiness of the transport fares, the minister of transport needs to be playing a big role. the rest of those not involved - like Mr Lim shld refrain from speaking about it - in what capacity is he tokking about it?

dankos

Again never use brain. I say must track back to pple who have direct involvement. WKS was Home minister who was directly in charge of the ISD who were the ones who screw up. Whether he should resign or not is up for debate but he is part of the list of pple who can be faulted

fat ass,

below is your education history. u very brainy huh. then y u study in fuck up schools only..:biggrin:

Education
• RMIT University (fat ass cannot qualify for local uni. so gotta pay $$ for some 3rd class unis. only rmit this type lousy uni can accept your infomatics diploma n admit u to their uni)
• Informatics Computer School (simi lan cheow is this? some IT diploma mill huh)
• Temasek Polytechnic (u fat ass cannot even make it to SP or NP. TP is lousy ok)
• Queenstown Secondary School (some sec sch famous for ah bengs)
• Alexandra Hill Primary School

fat ass so how? very brainy huh..

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
==
bro...the reason why one pay big money to the head honchos are because part of their job is take responsibilities for those under them- whether or not they are in knowledge. They are supposed to know, period. Thats why they are paid big bucks.

the world is full of examples - Watergate cause Nixon's downfall, collapse of arthur anderson, how many Japanese PMs left due to cockup of their ministers, Tiger Australia CEO has to leave due to current shit - his fault? , numerous. And this Murdoch scandal, Cameron's position is in jeopardy - due to his links with the police chiefs who indirectly responsible for not opening the files.

When MSK escaped, the minimum that DPM Wong shld have done is to step up and apologised. He did not.

of course, when you say, to a certain extent those high up are responsible depending on extent of the mistake made. But in this case of unhappiness of the transport fares, the minister of transport needs to be playing a big role. the rest of those not involved - like Mr Lim shld refrain from speaking about it - in what capacity is he tokking about it?

The highest level of authority for transportation is Minister of transport not high enough ah. Should they sack the PM and President as well? How about dissolving the government and call for fresh elections every time there is a screw up. Of coz not.

Ultimately, someone needs to be questioned and the person of authority in this case is the transport minister. Former DPM Wong's involvement in Mas Selamat affair, I stated in my previous post already

Again never use brain. I say must track back to pple who have direct involvement. WKS was Home minister who was directly in charge of the ISD who were the ones who screw up. Whether he should resign or not is up for debate but he is part of the list of pple who can be faulted

Should he have apologize, of coz he should, I totally agree with you. Did he apologize, I knew he did once during the election and once during his report of Mas Selamat in Parliament but the most important one should be immediately after the incident happened. I can't remember whether he apologized when the incident occurred coz I was in India when MS escaped. Both sides Pro-PAP and Pro-Opposition claimed he did and he didn't respectively.

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
the proposal on buses wouldn't work:

- it will increase the number of buses on the road leading to even more congestion
- unpopular routes will not be serviced, leaving residents stranded.

I agree with you. This womananiac who newly deposed GMS as NSP Sec-Gen is more of an opposition for opposing's sake than the madcow himself. She's apparently clueless as to causes, effects and consequences of transport policies from past to present and prospect for future, but just have to cook up something that oppose both PAP *and* WP to break champagne for her maiden voyage as a "leader." I can only wish her maiden voyage "Titanic!"

Last edited:

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
if the so-called "competition" is just like Channel U versus Channel 8 , and Singtel versus Starhub , then no point.

remember we still getting crappy local shows with lots of ads on non-cable, and we still have slower interwebz than some fucked south american country. such "competition" did not benefit us.