• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat NSMan Carlos Tells Everyone To Hide From Cobra While He Reports For Work! Leaves Maid To Kill Cobra!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
jtcobra080518.jpg

SINGAPORE (THE NEW PAPER) - A cobra that wandered into a landed property home near Dover MRT on Monday morning (May 7) was clubbed to death by the family's maid.

Mr Carlos Chua, 19, a full-time national serviceman, said he told his family to stay indoors and to leash the family's 12-year-old beagle when he saw the snake.

He told The New Paper: "It was acting aggressively to anyone who got near it. I knew that some cobras can spit venom, so I did not get any closer."

The equatorial spitting cobra - also known as the black spitting cobra - is venomous, said the Animal Concerns Research and Education Society (Acres).

Mr Chua said the snake, which was about 50cm long, reared its head from behind plastic pails in the garden when he saw it.

After he left for work at about 8.30am, his Filipino maid, who has been with the family for about 16 years, decided to take matters into her own hands.

The maid, who wanted to be known only as Ms Mhelyn, 48, said: "I felt nervous when I saw the snake. Even though there was no one at home, I was afraid it might bite my employer."
Wielding a metre-long broom handle, she tried to chase the cobra out, but it became more agitated.

She said: "I didn't want to kill it at first, but it got angrier and refused to move."

She repeatedly hit the cobra until its body was split into two, and disposed of the carcass.

According to the Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum's website, this species of cobra is usually not aggressive if left alone. When threatened, it might spray venom from its fangs.

The spray can cover a distance of more than a metre, and can cause temporary blindness.

If bitten, a victim's nervous system will get affected by the venom and the result can prove fatal.

Acres' deputy chief executive, Mr Kalai Vanan, told TNP that cobras would not actively attack people. If faced with a similar situation, the public is advised to call the Acres rescue hotline at 9783-7782.

"Attempting to provoke, hurt or kill the snake would only aggravate the situation, which would cause it to be defensive," Mr Kalai said.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/maid-kills-venomous-cobra-with-broom-handle

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Ms Mhelyn is a proven cobra slayer. She has enhanced her value and employabillity.

Carlos Chua (what a fucked up name) is probably a chubby, bespectacled wuss, part of the strawberry generation.

Truth_Hurts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wat a waste of a good snake. Should have eaten it. And the bile etc is worth alot... Singkies fly to Thailand to eat that...dumbass pinays

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
She's a Cobra Slayer. While our NS Men leave for danger, her Good maid kill the snake. That's so so so brave.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Obviously, the maid Ms Mhelyn, went for skills upgrading, enhanced her skills set and even at the age of 48 has managed to add on to her CV, thus enhancing her employability. Not many FDW can list "serpent slayer" as one of their skills. This is very impressive.....she will go far, late-bloomer, but will go far...

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
So will the neighborhood aunties certify her as a Indian so she can run for next presidential job?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This sinkie NSF Carlos has nerves of steel. Instead of killing the cobra or at least calling pest control, he reports to "work" as usual, leaving the family to sort this cobra out on their own. Was he planning to deal with the cobra after he returns from work?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This sinkie NSF Carlos has nerves of steel. Instead of killing the cobra or at least calling pest control, he reports to "work" as usual, leaving the family to sort this cobra out on their own. Was he planning to deal with the cobra after he returns from work?
eh tarpow john, he prioritised defending you and yours from harm whilst leaving mundane matters to his maid.
and if the cobra didn't kill him, ns will ...:cool: