• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NS Slaves not doing enough, must make them do more!

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why be fit and have to die at battlefront while white scum enjoy pleasure and run road when war struck?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Physical Training Phase for unfit NS enlistees extended
By S Ramesh & Cheryl Frois, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 12 February 2009 1433 hrs
SINGAPORE: The Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) has decided to extend the Physical Training Phase (PTP) for National Service enlistees who fail to get the NAPFA (National Physical Fitness Assessment) Silver Award.

The PTP will be extended from four weeks to eight weeks, but the overall duration of full-time two-year National Service will remain unchanged for these enlistees.

The eight-week PTP will be implemented for those enlisted from December 2009.

19-year-old Singapore Polytechnic student Dexter Tay is quite sure he will have to serve the extra month of physical training when he enlists in 2010.

"I've been failing my NAPFA test from Secondary One to Secondary Four - altogether including the re-tests - about 10 times. And I've been having difficulty during my 2.4 (km) runs and sometimes sit-ups...

"If I'm really unfit and it (the extension) will benefit me, then it's okay; it's just an additional one month, not a year," said Tay, a National Service enlistee in 2010.

Second Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen explained that enlistees are split into two groups. For those who have obtained the NAPFA Silver Award, about half go directly for Basic Military Training (BMT). The remaining half attend a four-week PTP.

Dr Ng, speaking in Parliament on Thursday, said: "Four weeks of PTP does improve their physical performance. Even after four weeks, many still do not reach the same level of fitness when compared to their peers who were enlisted directly for BMT.

So MINDEF and the SAF have decided to extend PTP from four to eight weeks. This will ensure a more uniform level of fitness amongst the recruits when they start their BMT.

After the recruits have completed their eight weeks of Physical Training Phase, they will then start serving their one year and 10 months of full-time national service.

Dr Ng, however, hopes that young male Singaporeans will not get the wrong idea and neglect or reduce regular exercise, because eight weeks of PTP may still be inadequate for those in poor physical condition.

He added that MINDEF also regularly reviews the recognition accorded to NSmen after they complete their full-time national service.

It will convene RECORD V next month, building on the work done by the first four committees, and recommend further ways to recognise the contributions of NSmen.

- CNA/ir/ls

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Increasing the duration of PTP DOES NOT serve any purpose at all.

Which MIW mouthpiece bastard(s) want(s) to challenge this statement! :oIo:

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are quite rite. I now run better than I used to when still in reservist. Most probably is because I know I now training for myself rather than train and ready to die for the country.

On the other hand, I was lazy to train before enlistment and got posted for PTP. It was the best part of the 2 year NS life. Trust me, you have bunch of friends training with you and I got even fitter after a month. And the best is white scum using taxpayer monies to feed you free.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
somehow I feel , increasing the PTP period is their weak response in hope to arrest the incresing number of young men dropping dead during BMT.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
somehow I feel , increasing the PTP period is their weak response in hope to arrest the incresing number of young men dropping dead during BMT.
what can they do then ???

Ask all recruit to play computer game in the air con room ,just like their star general. no one willl die then

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
what can they do then ???

Ask all recruit to play computer game in the air con room ,just like their star general. no one willl die then

I also wonder whether the general with star are able to pass their IPPT. :rolleyes: