• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NS Obligation

Asychee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi folks,

I have have been following this forum prior to migrating to Canada. In it I have gain many insight that help a "O" level guy like me to plan and a achieve a extraoridinary smooth transition. I know this might not be the best place to put in this request but this section has the most people reading it. I hope samster who are lawyer or has experience can help me.

"From our records, your son xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is subjected to the Exit Control Policy. Under the Enlistment Act, all male Singaporeans and Permanent Residents are required to serve full-time NS. When they reach aged 13 and above are required to apply for an exit permit if they need to remain in overseas for 3 months or more. At 16.5 years old, they are required to register for NS and are liable for full-time NS at the earliest opportunity after reaching the age of 18 years old."

Please let us have your latest overseas address for correspondence with you on your sons’ NS matter."

My kids has foreign passports and left the country when my eldest son was 11 years old.

Your comments would be very much appreciated.

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this case he will give up citizenship for his son. I chance a guess that he meant to skirt the NS obligation and retain the citizenship.

motuiti

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi folks,

I have have been following this forum prior to migrating to Canada. In it I have gain many insight that help a "O" level guy like me to plan and a achieve a extraoridinary smooth transition. I know this might not be the best place to put in this request but this section has the most people reading it. I hope samster who are lawyer or has experience can help me.

"From our records, your son xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is subjected to the Exit Control Policy. Under the Enlistment Act, all male Singaporeans and Permanent Residents are required to serve full-time NS. When they reach aged 13 and above are required to apply for an exit permit if they need to remain in overseas for 3 months or more. At 16.5 years old, they are required to register for NS and are liable for full-time NS at the earliest opportunity after reaching the age of 18 years old."

Please let us have your latest overseas address for correspondence with you on your sons’ NS matter."

My kids has foreign passports and left the country when my eldest son was 11 years old.

Your comments would be very much appreciated.

Congratulations on your new life and securing a foreign passport for your son.

From what I know, you need to register your son for NS and apply for deferment until he's 21. Do not at anytime renew his singapore passport or it will throw your plans into whack.

When he reaches 21, get him to renounce his singapore citizenship and he will be a free man.

Apparently this advice is found on the singapore embassy website in the US.