• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

now tht GRC backfired against pap, will that be scrapped? permanently?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
history is not only made. retribulation has executed its sorry blow to the pap.

pinky's beloved bf georgie was voted out of ALJUNIED GRC. yeah!

seriously would the pap now consider returning only SMCs to the voters and scrap GRC permanently?

pap stress that grc provide a chance to usher in minority represetative into parliament. how can this claim still be credible? michael palmer, a minority who stood in a SMC won!

sgporeans now vote in the best man. and every best man be he or she a chinese, malay, indian or eurasion is a TRUE BLUE SINGAPOREAN.

we have come so far to dispel the segregation and differentiation of whether the person next to u is from whichever racial group. we only know WE ARE SINGAPOREANS.

why is the pap still instilling such silly reference? to me, that's quite seditious. it's just their way of imposing GRC simply to create more irrelevant obstacles for opp parties to gather good people to contest in GRC. but in smc, this problem won't even exist.

now, heaven's got eye! they lost a powerful GRC where georgie and ah huay would be history.

but wait!!

i think pinky wouldn't miss his bf georgie for long. he shall be back in no time as the candidate for the impending PRESIDENTIAL ERECTION.

million $$ cbl prataman can balek india and opens up chain of chennai or roti pratas. singaporeans have choked enough with the universe's most super expensive pratas. it's time he goes back india and continue there for good.

agreed or not?

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hate the GRC system but in this case, the candidates in all five wards lost. So technically, even if George Yeo had run on his own, he would still have lost. BUT threadstarter is right in that the fates of every candidate in the GRC became tied together simply because they are running mates. I think that on balance the GRC system still serves the PAPzis well. So it probably won't be dropped.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
history is not only made. retribulation has executed its sorry blow to the pap.

pinky's beloved bf georgie was voted out of ALJUNIED GRC. yeah!

seriously would the pap now consider returning only SMCs to the voters and scrap GRC permanently?

pap stress that grc provide a chance to usher in minority represetative into parliament. how can this claim still be credible? michael palmer, a minority who stood in a SMC won!

sgporeans now vote in the best man. and every best man be he or she a chinese, malay, indian or eurasion is a TRUE BLUE SINGAPOREAN.

we have come so far to dispel the segregation and differentiation of whether the person next to u is from whichever racial group. we only know WE ARE SINGAPOREANS.

why is the pap still instilling such silly reference? to me, that's quite seditious. it's just their way of imposing GRC simply to create more irrelevant obstacles for opp parties to gather good people to contest in GRC. but in smc, this problem won't even exist.

now, heaven's got eye! they lost a powerful GRC where georgie and ah huay would be history.

but wait!!

i think pinky wouldn't miss his bf georgie for long. he shall be back in no time as the candidate for the impending PRESIDENTIAL ERECTION.

million $$ cbl prataman can balek india and opens up chain of chennai or roti pratas. singaporeans have choked enough with the universe's most super expensive pratas. it's time he goes back india and continue there for good.

agreed or not?

It only failed in Aljunied. It worked for all the others

Rimururu

Alfrescian
Loyal
GRC is a ridiculous system. What minority representation? I could not even be bothered if my MP is a Malay or Indian, so long he serves the people and stay grounded.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
GRC is a ridiculous system. What minority representation? I could not even be bothered if my MP is a Malay or Indian, so long he serves the people and stay grounded.

pap although million dollar paid is good in ridiculousity. they are paid handsomely to come up with terms like: IT'S A HONEST MISTAKE, LET'S MOVE ON. our gov is the only kiasu and kiasi one who think they are worth if not more than all the million$ going into their left pockets, right pockets, side pockets and undies pocket.

if u hold one minitoot up by the legs and shake him vigorously, i think we should be seeing a fountain of thousand dollar bills flying wild.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hate the GRC system but in this case, the candidates in all five wards lost. So technically, even if George Yeo had run on his own, he would still have lost. BUT threadstarter is right in that the fates of every candidate in the GRC became tied together simply because they are running mates. I think that on balance the GRC system still serves the PAPzis well. So it probably won't be dropped.

was hoping that tampines would have gone to gohmengseng instead of shortie tan. wonder if baey ayam king wasn't sent there at the eleventh hour, what would be the outcome? another group loss for pap?

was terribly hoping for that cos if shortie mah goes, lau lee might as well just drop dead from all the unexpected results. A FREAK RESULTS - that's what he called it. anything out of his anticipation is a FREAK. and so he ended with with a grandson who totally out of his anticipation. remember his U-GRAD genes hybridisation theory? yet, he still doesn't learn. maybe he tot he has reached a godlike status and probably remainen as an immortal.

levusjovi

Alfrescian
Loyal
They will only remove GRC if they had lost a few more GRC. Most likely they will view this as a freak result.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
They will only remove GRC if they had lost a few more GRC. Most likely they will view this as a freak result.

if the god of unmercy KUAN YEW still lives until then, he shall bring in the artilleries and tank to quash and overturn the result.

pap is a super kiasi n kiasu breed. they can't stand losing. they are the ones who set those rules and when it backfires, they wouldn't be that magnimanous to admit or display any graciousness. the tanks would roll in in the event if more GRCs are lost in future GE.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
gotta a feeling that probably in the nxt parliamentary sitting, they would propose to scrap GRC and thick-skinnedly remark they are acceding to the wishes of majority of the voters.

this is the type of hypocrisy pap is best good in. every action they take, they already got a set of explanation to back themselves up and smoke the voters wide-eyes opened.

levusjovi

Alfrescian
Loyal
gotta a feeling that probably in the nxt parliamentary sitting, they would propose to scrap GRC and thick-skinnedly remark they are acceding to the wishes of majority of the voters.

this is the type of hypocrisy pap is best good in. every action they take, they already got a set of explanation to back themselves up and smoke the voters wide-eyes opened.

I think if they do that the best excuse would be the political system in Singapore had matured, they do not need the GRCto bring in the minority races MP.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think if they do that the best excuse would be the political system in Singapore had matured, they do not need the GRCto bring in the minority races MP.

glad that u also can anticipate what kind of reasonings they would be coming up to back up their excuses.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

No if it were all single member, Georgy would have won, his team mates esp Lim HH, would have lost

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think they will re-write constitution and scrap election all together claiming that it will not be suitable in Singapore context.

moneymind

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the next election, PAP will either reduce the GRC size and introduce more SMC(still at their best advantage since they know who votes for PAP most). they will not scrap GRC at all.

Like this time, they can anytime carve out a SMC from a GRC for what reasons ??
I think they are slapping their own face.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
GRC is a rubblish ploy, right up there with gerrymandering. They are an insult to the democractic process and system. The pap will never abandon them, we just have to wait for the WP to initiate their removal, in about 10 years time.

Fool_Me_Hard

Alfrescian
Loyal
No if it were all single member, Georgy would have won, his team mates esp Lim HH, would have lost

I believe George Yeo will have won if he contest in an SMC... He had votes below 50% due to unhappiness of the residents over his other team mates (Lim Hwee Hua and Cynthia Phua) which has a spillover effect at his ward also.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe George Yeo will have won if he contest in an SMC... He had votes below 50% due to unhappiness of the residents over his other team mates (Lim Hwee Hua and Cynthia Phua) which has a spillover effect at his ward also.

isn't everyone glad tht pap finally get a test of their own BITTER MEDICINE? one shot lost 5 wards. obiiiiiiiiiiiiGOOD!!

Last edited: