• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Now is the time to see whether Tharman will be another Ong Teng Cheong

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now that Thambi has won, the only consolation is that at least he is being elected by Singaporeans and much better than Halimah with a walkover, LOL.

Let's pray hard that he'll be another Ong Teng Cheong, if not, better than Ong Teng Cheong to be able to question the PAP-Gov with an 'independent' mind which he has claimed to be. He also said that no one can fool him when it comes to the management of reserves as he was the former finance minister and chairman of MAS.

He must now " poke and query everything the pap does, be independent and have the people's interest at heart. Place our well being first and foremost. "

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now that Thambi has won, the only consolation is that at least he is being elected by Singaporeans and much better than Halimah with a walkover, LOL.

Let's pray hard that he'll be another Ong Teng Cheong, if not, better than Ong Teng Cheong to be able to question the PAP-Gov with an 'independent' mind which he has claimed to be. He also said that no one can fool him when it comes to the management of reserves as he was the former finance minister and chairman of MAS.

He must now " poke and query everything the pap does, be independent and have the people's interest at heart. Place our well being first and foremost. "
Byr

Last edited:

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about his sue defamation case against the PM brother...

Now he cannot retract his case... a legal battle of a President sue his PM brother.... interesting time again...

Now all money to crowdfund Yang take invite a President to sue him in UK... consider that Singapore court cannot take this case of a President title holder which is a conflict of interest..
That one is Shanmugam and Vivian la.. he where got involved? :biggrin:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

1693585066254.jpeg

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
He will be most compliant president second only to Halimah.
Seems likely becoming another Puppet president...although technically if he has conscience might turn things around..

I hope one day he will announced something like that...:

" Now that I've won the presidency, as I've said before that as a former finance minister and my experience with MAS and the GIC, no one can fool me about management of reserves.

Hence since I am officially no longer a PAP member, the PAP-Gov must be prepared to be questioned by me if I sense that things are not right.

It will be not just about reserves but also the proper appointment of senior public officers to ensure their suitability without conflict of interest for instance.

I hope the ruling party will be ready and forthcoming when the time comes. "

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
With his affiliation with WEF? You can forget about it. Likely to see him pushing the climate change hoax like never before.
More to come. Let's see how this played out.

If he has conscience as an elected president not from walkover, he will know what to do.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tharman is a good man. Give him a chance.

The President has limited powers. So, don't expect the President to become the Opposition.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seems likely becoming another Puppet president...although technically if he has conscience might turn things around..

I hope one day he will announced something like that...:

" Now that I've won the presidency, as I've said before that as a former finance minister and my experience with MAS and the GIC, no one can fool me about management of reserves.

Hence since I am officially no longer a PAP member, the PAP-Gov must be prepared to be questioned by me if I sense that things are not right.

It will be not just about reserves but also the proper appointment of senior public officers to ensure their suitability without conflict of interest for instance.

I hope the ruling party will be ready and forthcoming when the time comes. "
One simply does not associate ah neh with conscience.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal

We can hope. But my bet is that he's a bought and paid for Lee family servant. Sorry to say but be prepared if he fails expectations.

It's just engineered to look like not a walkover when it's pretty much set up that way.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most appropriate candidate for president is actually Ken Jeyaretnam….but alas, the stupid conditions attached makes him ineligible.

If ever he can contest…he will definitely win. Excellent mouthpiece for the public to keep the gahmen in check.

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
We can hope. But my bet is that he's a bought and paid for Lee family servant. Sorry to say but be prepared if he fails expectations.

It's just engineered to look like not a walkover when it's pretty much set up that way.
It's more of his weak opponents problem. A retard and unknown vs the Goliath, how to fight?

If TCB is 6 years younger and allowed to compete with a 1 vs 1, like Chua Kim Yeow vs OTC previously, or if Lee Hsien Yang joins the fray, then the outcome will be completely different.

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most appropriate candidate for president is actually Ken Jeyaretnam….but alas, the stupid conditions attached makes him ineligible.

If ever he can contest…he will definitely win. Excellent mouthpiece for the public to keep the gahmen in check.

Is actually Lee Hsien Yang.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's more of his weak opponents problem. A retard and unknown vs the Goliath, how to fight?
agreed. it was pretty much a walkover with a show of a fight.
If TCB is 6 years younger and allowed to compete with a 1 vs 1, like Chua Kim Yeow vs OTC previously, or if Lee Hsien Yang joins the fray, then the outcome will be completely different.
He will never be allowed to compete. It's unfortunately a gameshow except we think we're actually choosing.

edit : They will find something to disqualify any genuine threat.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My sentiments exactly. In fact I find this presidential erection was simply a ploy to divert sinkies' attention away from the high-profile tiong money laundering case. This erection period gave Piss And Poop plenty of time to clean up any evidence that they were complicit.

Last edited:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
My sentiments exactly. In fact I find this presidential erection was simply a ploy to divert sinkies' attention away from the high profile tiong money laundering case. This erection period gave Piss And Poop plenty of time to clean up any evidence that they were complicit.
not only laundering but also iswaran? All to cover up his two senior Ridouts. This is a show face of "good" government in control, freely elected and not corrupt. What a gameshow for simpletons.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not only laundering but also iswaran? All to cover up his two senior Ridouts. This is a show face of "good" government in control, freely elected and not corrupt. What a gameshow for simpletons.
As you can see, there's several simpletons here showing off their naivety and stupidity. :laugh: