• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Notice found at SPF notice board: Malay is not the national language

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
malay is the language of the archipelago spoken by javanese, kadazan dusuns, sulus, menangkabaus, balinese, dayaks, pattanis, champas(of cambdia and southern vietnam). only retarded china babis cannot speak the language after living in the archipelago for generations.

malay are puacheebye lazy dumbfuck bastards. I have no malay friends and have no wish to be associated to any of these scums on a personal level.

ChineseDog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Learning mandarin didn't stop chink pride sinkies from getting their carrot heads chopped by the Mainlanders. :rolleyes:

Good job my fellow chinese dog. We chinks shouldn't learn mandarin from the prc chinks. We chinks should learn other languages like indian because only chinks will chop carrot head of other chinks.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's funny that Malay is Sinkieland's national language yet at least 70% of Sinkies don't know how to speak or read Malay, and don't even know what they are singing in the national anthem. I think the system should be changed to make all Sinkie kids learn some Malay as a third language in primary and secondary schools.

But instead Mandarin is becoming the more important language. In my youngest kid's school, there's some Malays and Indians taking Chinese class as second language with my kid.

It's a good thing that more people are learning mandarin and no i don't think people should be forced to learn malay as a third language that is stupid since kids are already struggling to learn 2 languages.

Anyway it's this crazy how should i put it romantic notion that seems that only chinese sinkies seem to have on other races languages and cultures. I mean i assume you are chinese and yet you suggest that sinkie kids regardless of their race learn malay as a 3rd language. :rolleyes: I doubt you will ever hear another race say something like that about chinese like let's get all non chinese to learn chinese notwithstanding the fact that this is "malay land" and remember those kids in your youngest kids school chose chinese on their own free will.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The writer of this notice board should be charged for treason or making seditious statement and sent back to wherever he came from Nanning, guangzhou or fuzhou.

Nigger why must the person be a chinese that wrote it? Cannot be shit skin, pinoy etc? Shows your biasness.

malay is the language of the archipelago spoken by javanese, kadazan dusuns, sulus, menangkabaus, balinese, dayaks, pattanis, champas(of cambdia and southern vietnam). only retarded china babis cannot speak the language after living in the archipelago for generations.

Fuck off. Each of these races have their own languages and many chinese can speak it too like indonesian chinese for example. See how fucking stupid you are you dumb shit skin.

malays don't say chop off chinese pig's head. its too long. They just curse "chinababi". its more appropriate and shorter.

Serious ah shit skin? Not keling babi?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malay regardless of whether is it our national language, is a fucking useless language. Learn for fuck.

malay are puacheebye lazy dumbfuck bastards. I have no malay friends and have no wish to be associated to any of these scums on a personal level.

Good job. Tell it like it is. The saddest thing is all these are your own personal opinions but somehow this is racist yet just change it to someone saying oh chinese is a useless language, chinese ppl suck and it's not racist. :rolleyes:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
malay is the language of the archipelago spoken by javanese, kadazan dusuns, sulus, menangkabaus, balinese, dayaks, pattanis, champas(of cambdia and southern vietnam).

I don't speak Malay at home so if I learn a new language, it must benefit me..

Let's look at the most obvious factor - culture - has the Malay language got anything to offer non-malays? The koreans and Japs exported their culture via mainstream media and mobilised many outsiders to learn the language. Are there any Malay movies, music or literature (mainstream or classical) that would interest an outsider like me? Sadly, no. Because the ultra conservative religion had banned a lot of entertainment.

Next is economics. THe malay speaking market is small. Besides malaysia and indon (which are tightly controlled by the bumi policy), where can I make a living speaking malay? I have seen too few malays venture out of this region to take up multinational positions or start ventures. Is it due to their inability to speak other languages?

So tell me... why should I learn malay besides swearing at my malay friends?

only retarded china babis cannot speak the language after living in the archipelago for generations.

No all china babis are retarded like me. I went to university with many malaysian chinese students. and I know at least 3 of them who have scored A1's in english, bahasa and chinese (and other subjects). How many Malays can do that I wonder? Yet these students weren't admitted to University of malaysia to do the course they want. Pls tell me what wrong with the system?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck off. Each of these races have their own languages and many chinese can speak it too like indonesian chinese for example. See how fucking stupid you are you dumb shit skin.

Yes they have their own language, but malay is the language of the archipelago and they all can speak malay fluently apart from their own.

Serious ah shit skin? Not keling babi?

for keling it should be keling lembu. that will piss them off.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
So tell me... why should I learn malay besides swearing at my malay friends?

For sentimental reason you should speak malay. imagine staying in a place and cannot speak local lingo, not even a word, Its embarrassing. In the old days, any chinaman can speak pasar malay

No all china babis are retarded like me. I went to university with many malaysian chinese students. and I know at least 3 of them who have scored A1's in english, bahasa and chinese (and other subjects). How many Malays can do that I wonder? Yet these students weren't admitted to University of malaysia to do the course they want. Pls tell me what wrong with the system?

This blatant abuse of affirmative action will cost malaysia a huge loss. But luckily, they have ample private universities which non bumis can get into. and they even have China university there now. Xiamen university just opened. Hopefully, this will reduce the pain and suffering of the bright and resourceful

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a good thing that more people are learning mandarin and no i don't think people should be forced to learn malay as a third language that is stupid since kids are already struggling to learn 2 languages.

Anyway it's this crazy how should i put it romantic notion that seems that only chinese sinkies seem to have on other races languages and cultures. I mean i assume you are chinese and yet you suggest that sinkie kids regardless of their race learn malay as a 3rd language. :rolleyes: I doubt you will ever hear another race say something like that about chinese like let's get all non chinese to learn chinese notwithstanding the fact that this is "malay land" and remember those kids in your youngest kids school chose chinese on their own free will.

More and more malays are learning mandarin as a third language in malaysia.Some are already singing full time in china in mandarin.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If Malay is truly the national language, why less then 20% of the sinkies can speak it?

Most sinkies only use bits and pieces of Malay for ceremonial uses, such as military parade commands, streets names and in Singlish. It's not much of a national language if so few people can speak it.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Malay is truly the national language, why less then 20% of the sinkies can speak it?

Most sinkies only use bits and pieces of Malay for ceremonial uses, such as military parade commands, streets names and in Singlish. It's not much of a national language if so few people can speak it.

You are welcome to change the Constitution.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

when a bunch of people from the civilised world wander into the jungle and meet a tribe of monkeys or aboriginals,do you think they learn a whole language just to communicate with a bunch of natives who spend the whole day flailing their monkey arms around,beating congo drums and scratching their armpits?this isnt gorillas in the mists brother,or abang,we aint jane goodwill or a bunch of scientists learning how to integrate with monkeys.

if u need to communicate with monkeys in the civilised world all you really need is a few phrases,like polish my shoes serf!!!or can u upsize my coke and fries please?now get to it!!!

[video=youtube;c9cWkUhZ8n4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9cWkUhZ8n4[/video]

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like an interesting topic here. This comes from someone who is hopeless at language skills. I only speak English, and picked up Hokkien in NS.

Firstly, Malay is the National Language of Singapore, there is no dispute about this - the National Anthem is in Malay. Singapore has mixed ethnicities in her social make up, and so different languages are heard. Because of commerce, English is the most widely used, but most residents' mother tongue is of some other origin, so a creolized language called Singlish has evolved. Singlish has components from commonly used words and phrases spoken by residents of the island. Even English radio DJs deliberately resort to Singlish to connect with the local audience. Until some future generation decides to replace Malay with Singlish for the National Anthem, Malay is the National Language of Singapore. And for the yellow-skinned Chinese, your mother tongue is probably Hokkien, Teochew, Cantonese, Hainanese, Hakka or some tribal derivative, it is NOT Mandarin.

Cheers!