• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No Testing means no case

frontier

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dozens of Chinese nationals gathered outside their embassy in Singapore on Tuesday in frustration over new rules requiring them to get tested for Covid-19 before they can board their upcoming flights home, something Singapore doesn't generally offer to those without symptoms.

"No hospital in Singapore will perform a test for me," said a 28-year-old warehouse manager who gave his surname as Wang.

He's scheduled to fly to the western city of Chongqing at the end of the month. "Booking a flight is very tough now and I don't want to miss my flight."

The frustrated Chinese nationals gathered outside the embassy on Tuesday said that they could not get a virus test from any Singapore medical facility without displaying symptoms. Those interviewed were not travelling via the green lane and were mostly lower-wage workers prepared to undergo two weeks of quarantine upon reaching home.

Under the new rules, they won't be able to board their flights without a negative test result.

Singapore's health ministry said late Tuesday on its website that travellers could seek assistance in light of the new rules from China. Still, it reiterated its strategy focused on "diagnostic testing and active case finding" and that pre-departure testing is reserved for those using the green lane.

BLOOMBERG
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/tr...n-singapore-shows-anger-at-china-travel-rules

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats the whole idea. Even if there are mass testing, most will not feel any difference even if they got it.so why bother.