• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NO minimum wages please

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if they implement the minimum wage policy then we will just channel it to the peasant and let inflation go up.. in the end you peasant will die faster.

Manager,
I used to have an "die faster - under seige" mentality (Thanks to PAP). see your quote above and your conclusions.

A minimum wage policy is like the GST, it will cause price inflation for the first 1-4 years and then everything will normalise again.

Industry will adapt, eg restaurants, etc.

Some people accused low-wage employers of promoting poverty when they should mechanised or automate to create higher-value work. It may create structural unemployment, but there is this thing call re-training.

Singapore is already suffering structural unemployment because of its high-cost relative to China. But this cost is fixed unless Singaporeans earn the same as China mainlanders. BUT with minimum, it is redistributing and re-organising the jobs of our poorest section of our society. The alternative will be negative income tax.

This may interest you.
minimum wage policy first started in New Zealand in 1894.
There are exceptions : http://www.dol.govt.nz/er/pay/exemptions/index.asp

Last edited:

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dont know which century's slave were u born as.

the default CPF contribution for employer & employee was supposed to be 20% each. thanks to the wise idiot at 1 point in time, reduced the employer's CPF contribution to 13%, while the employees continued contributing 20%. after nearly a decade, they decided to raise the employer's contribution to 14++%, which is still a long short from levelling it at 20%.

the minimum wage system is set in place by labor unions in many 1st world countries, to ensure that employers do not exploit the locals in giving them crap for pay. and currently is being proposed for the lower income tier, generally speaking is blue collared jobs. in order for the employers to hire foreigners, they must 1st ensure that they fulfil the headcount for locals per capita.

if u're a blue collar job holder, u'll be a fool to disagree with the minimum wage policy.
Sir, u took the words out of my mouth. i have to admit that i was on the verge of blasting the thread starter for his folly, until i read your post. looks like his ignorance has been addressed. i hope the threadstarter has now seen the light.