• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NO minimum wages please

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
those who support minimum wages policy are dumb. Please do not support minimum wages, it is difficult enough now that we employers have to pay more cpf contribution and higher foreign worker levy, if they implement the minimum wage policy then we will just channel it to the peasant and let inflation go up.. in the end you peasant will die faster.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Minimum wage will create artificial wealth which will be corroded by short-term hyperinflation.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
those who support minimum wages policy are dumb. Please do not support minimum wages, it is difficult enough now that we employers have to pay more cpf contribution and higher foreign worker levy, if they implement the minimum wage policy then we will just channel it to the peasant and let inflation go up.. in the end you peasant will die faster.
Minimum wage not as inflationary as housing.There are many ways to increase GDP. Most are not good for your longevity and quality of life. GDP is just a figure. Playing with property prices, allowing for a lot of profits made through margin trading, fancy medical treatments that begets more treatment... they all up the GDP. Good for you?

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
of course, they anit good for the peasant..just like the implementation of the minimum wages..

Minimum wage not as inflationary as housing.There are many ways to increase GDP. Most are not good for your longevity and quality of life. GDP is just a figure. Playing with property prices, allowing for a lot of profits made through margin trading, fancy medical treatments that begets more treatment... they all up the GDP. Good for you?

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need minimum wage lah, the 70 year old auntie cleaning the tables can survive on $600/month with no medical. Even if she dies, your mother can take over mah.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No need minimum wage lah, the 70 year old auntie cleaning the tables can survive on $600/month with no medical. Even if she dies, your mother can take over mah.

I would like to see MM clean tables and wash dishes. Nothing should be beneath another fellow human unless he is otherwise.

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
no need to bring family into debate. if you dont agree, just ignore. how do you like if i say i fucked your mother?

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
no need to bring family into debate. if you dont agree, just ignore. how do you like if i say i fucked your mother?

Why no need? You enjoy calling people dying peasants then get touchy? Go ahead. I rather have your wife, daughter and nieces. Just can't stand weak 2 faced fucks like you acting smart on internet.

sir cum-a-lot

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dont know which century's slave were u born as.

the default CPF contribution for employer & employee was supposed to be 20% each. thanks to the wise idiot at 1 point in time, reduced the employer's CPF contribution to 13%, while the employees continued contributing 20%. after nearly a decade, they decided to raise the employer's contribution to 14++%, which is still a long short from levelling it at 20%.

the minimum wage system is set in place by labor unions in many 1st world countries, to ensure that employers do not exploit the locals in giving them crap for pay. and currently is being proposed for the lower income tier, generally speaking is blue collared jobs. in order for the employers to hire foreigners, they must 1st ensure that they fulfil the headcount for locals per capita.

if u're a blue collar job holder, u'll be a fool to disagree with the minimum wage policy.

Silent88scope

Alfrescian
Loyal

So, you looking from the employer's perspective does not support min wages as it will increase your overheads and operation cost.

What about if you looking from employee's perspective? Will you be honest to say that you are 100% willing to have your wages suppressed by the influx of foreigners? Are you able to sustain a high cost of living in s'pore in the long run if your wages always remains lower than the foreigners?

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
ok you fucking bastard, you want to be dirty come and get some. i fuck your mother, and all your family members. you wanna meet me in real life? dont act tough behind the computer. fuck your whole family. knnccb.

Why no need? You enjoy calling people dying peasants then get touchy? Go ahead. I rather have your wife, daughter and nieces. Just can't stand weak 2 faced fucks like you acting smart on internet.

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
i am glad most of you talk sense unlike the idiot karmabear who resort to abusing others when he cant debate a topic properly.

yes i am looking from a employer's perspective , like i mentioned in my earlier threads, if we have a min wages policy, we will have to channel the extra cost to the peasant and it inflation level will go up. it is a true fact..

So, you looking from the employer's perspective does not support min wages as it will increase your overheads and operation cost.

What about if you looking from employee's perspective? Will you be honest to say that you are 100% willing to have your wages suppressed by the influx of foreigners? Are you able to sustain a high cost of living in s'pore in the long run if your wages always remains lower than the foreigners?

Last edited:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

You crossed the rubicon and into yellow people aka samuel stalin aka whatever's territory when you deride the hapless lower class and have nots as peasants.

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
ok i was harsh with the words, but there was no need to get family involve. karmabear is a first class scum.

You crossed the rubicon and into yellow people aka samuel stalin aka whatever's territory when you deride the hapless lower class and have nots as peasants.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok i was harsh with the words, but there was no need to get family involve. karmabear is a first class scum.

Thank you for your humility. I am sure he'll back off. I have nothing against people stating their stand based on their own interest. Magnanimity would be welcome in the face of hard facts. Take a cue from "Sense" not "Scroobal". The 66.6 here are not RC dogs.

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
no problem bro, glad that you understood my point, we are all entitled to our opinion, that was why i dontt understand why he had to bring family members in.. he could have target me directly and i would have gladly settle whatever issue he has with my opinion.. :smile:

Thank you for your humility. I am sure he'll back off. I have nothing against people stating their stand based on their own interest. Magnanimity would be welcome in the face of hard facts. Take a cue from "Sense" not "Scroobal". The 66.6 here are not RC dogs.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with Bigfuck that min wage is not as inflationary as housing.

On average for service industry, rental constitutes about 35% t0 40% of total operating cost. Wages another approx 30% (inclusive of cpf, insurance, etc.). The rest are utilities and misc.

If low wage earners constitues about 25% of the total wage, it constitues about 7.5% of the total operating cost. Increase this category of wage by 30%, its impact is about 2.25%.

Comparatively, if rental increase by 30%, the total impact is about 10.5% to 12% of the total operating cost.

IMO, the utility level of the 30% increase to the low wage earner is much higher compared to property owners for a 2.25% increase to total operating cost

Manufacturing industry is another matter, but as longs as it is not as labor intensive as the service sector (rarely the case), so the impact will be lower.

By the way, welcome to sammyboy, a place where abuse of one's ancestors is also highly probable.:biggrin:

i am glad most of you talk sense unlike the idiot karmabear who resort to abusing others when he cant debate a topic properly.

yes i am looking from a employer's perspective , like i mentioned in my earlier threads, if we have a min wages policy, we will have to channel the extra cost to the peasant and it inflation level will go up. it is a true fact..

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree with Bigfuck that min wage is not as inflationary as housing.

Manufacturing industry is another matter, but as longs as it is not as labor intensive as the service sector (rarely the case), so the impact will be lower.

By the way, welcome to sammyboy, a place where abuse of one's ancestors is also highly probable.:biggrin:

You, I and others who did some basic studies in engineering economy analysis, financial engineering or econometrics dealing with multiplier will know this. And this is not esoteric stuff which now taught in some many places in the world. Even some streetwise businessmen also know as it is straightforward. I do not want to see a minimal wage if possible, but I do want to see rental control for specific sectors. You enjoy cheap good coffee in Paris, because of rental control.
You know a good hawker can at best 300 plates of char kuay tiow a full 16 hour . At a generous 5SGD a plate, (300*5*365)he gets 547,500 SGD a year and 109,500 dishes of satisfaction, hopefully, without holiday. This is half of our million dollar Ministers who can take holidays and definitely create no satisfaction.
Ask them to sell kuay tiow? After 300 dishes, they will demand another million for their pay. Like to talk Hokkien right, MG Chan? Sell Kuay Tiow for a month and then ask yourself who you are and whether you can serve the people. Cannot cheat and command your army kia to do work or force but from you hor.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, manager like to talk big on internet. This is your PM quote. "fuck your whole family ccb.. come and meet me if you not song.. knnccb". My quote now in public.

Come to jurong west st 52, seven eleven. Come now. I settle with you. Like to talk big and act smart. Wah cannot bring family into the picture? Who say, your mother teach you one har? If she clever, how come that stupid whore never teach you to be more considerate to others? Call people peasant? Now want to act righteous? dun worry, i first class scum but your mother is third rate whore. Come find me ley, i am waiting

When I call you 2 face weak fuck, this is exactly what I mean. Act like boss, people are peasant. Kena fucked in public, try to be por lumpar and pretend to be gentleman. Behind, send PM and try to act gangster. How are you not 2 faced por lumpar? Play gangster, come find me and tell me what you are wearing. If you sincere, I sure entertain you.

Last edited: